Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Time To Stop?  (Read 4371 times)

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Time To Stop?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2024, 09:04:46 PM »

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2024, 09:12:01 PM »
I don't like Like buttons.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineMatchstickman

• Camerado
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2024, 09:30:17 PM »
Well, there are a thousand threads, so no need to post identical, semi-sarcastic messages if you are not interested in this one...

Personally, I see no need to stop for Mark, though his albums have become difficult to tell apart.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2024, 12:27:58 AM »

LE

We had them when the forum started, didn’t work, just ended up causing resentment and problems.

So easy just to click like on a social media post and move on, but without input this forum dies, like so many others have.

So without a like button you hopefully post about how you agree or disagree with a post and then the conversation continues…
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2024, 09:17:11 AM »

LE

We had them when the forum started, didn’t work, just ended up causing resentment and problems.

So easy just to click like on a social media post and move on, but without input this forum dies, like so many others have.

So without a like button you hopefully post about how you agree or disagree with a post and then the conversation continues…

Yeah I remember arguing with Pottel during the first days about those negatives and positives you could add to posts, lol

This way, we can start posts about negativity and freedom of speech from time to time LOL
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2024, 10:01:07 AM »
I remember it well and I'm glad it didn't continue.  If I remember correctly it was called a "kudos" button.  The example above is what could happen if we had a "like"  button on AMIT.   Discussion is essential to keep a forum alive. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 10:12:51 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2024, 10:20:05 AM »
Well I was the one who first answered in this thread although it is strange somehow from the original poster  to turn up with post number 1 here and give order to "discuss" and never participate at the thread again. Seems suspicious amd troll-like somehow. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

LE
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 10:45:06 AM by Love Expresso »

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2024, 10:58:11 AM »
Well I was the one who first answered in this thread although it is strange somehow from the original poster  to turn up with post number 1 here and give order to "discuss" and never participate at the thread again. Seems suspicious amd troll-like somehow. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

LE

The OP is probably busy:

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2024, 11:17:16 AM »
So, should MK stop? Well, why should he? There's still a lot of "juice" left in the man, and provided he stays healthy, I think we can expect several albums down the line. As I've mentioned in other threads, I just wish he'd use the opportunity to break the mold a little. I'm not saying I'd wish he'd write a five-hour suite for concrete mixer and accordion, but maybe hook up with some different musicians. Maybe some collaboration projects. I'd love an album of him and Steve Phillips revisiting their Duolian String Pickers repertoire (if Mark is up for it physically), much like Taj Mahal and Ry Cooder a couple of years ago. The opportunites are many for an artist like Mark.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2024, 11:28:51 AM »
You are right. For example, and maybe my thoughts are too simple, but why are there no bridges, no breaks, no variations, no solos more often? If TPOH was inspired by something Danny said, why not featuring him more with a little percussion solo or something. It's all too often that when you heard 30 seconds of a song, you already know the complete song. I can't imagine that Two Pairs Of Hands will become an all-time-fabourite of mine. It sounds cool but boring. Same with Ahead Of The Game. Sometimes simple is good but is it some sort of higher level that MK thinks variation is too simple?

LE

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2024, 11:53:28 AM »
You are right. For example, and maybe my thoughts are too simple, but why are there no bridges, no breaks, no variations, no solos more often? If TPOH was inspired by something Danny said, why not featuring him more with a little percussion solo or something. It's all too often that when you heard 30 seconds of a song, you already know the complete song. I can't imagine that Two Pairs Of Hands will become an all-time-fabourite of mine. It sounds cool but boring. Same with Ahead Of The Game. Sometimes simple is good but is it some sort of higher level that MK thinks variation is too simple?

LE

Over the years the guitar playing has taken a gradually less prominent role in order to not take anything away from the song. Maybe he feels this about music in general now? That more minimalistic arrangements make the listener pay more attention to the lyrics for example? Just guessing here. But in my opinion you can make the arrangements super interesting and varied and still have strong focus on the lyrics.

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2024, 12:51:11 PM »
I don't think MK is embarrassing himself, but I do wish that there were more guitar bits that sounded original and fresh on the later albums. Some nods to older pieces is just fun, but you want to balance it out with something that makes you go "oh, that's clever", too. And it doesn't have to be blazing fast, either. That said, this is more on a detail level - a good song is a good song on it's own, too, regardless if it's just a variation of an old idea that ended up on a record 20 years ago.

OfflineK-alberto

• Camerado
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2024, 03:39:07 PM »

LE

+1  ;D

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2024, 04:25:08 PM »

LE

Still has just one message.

Who can be and what this person did that?

This is new for me.
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 34 queries.