Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: (2) Ahead of the game  (Read 27291 times)

OfflineRolo

• Camerado
  • i tend to be, sometimes, acid
Re: (2) Ahead of the game
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2024, 04:27:10 PM »
You know nothing, Jon Snow.  ;D

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #181 on: January 27, 2024, 04:39:09 PM »
You know nothing, Jon Snow.  ;D

A black and white vintage photo would've been soooooooo nice :thumbsup

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2024, 05:27:14 PM »
Boswell guitars used a random bridge on their MK model, could be any bridge ;)

Regarding the placement of the bridge inlay: The Golden Ratio

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #183 on: January 28, 2024, 05:57:59 PM »
Regarding the placement of the bridge inlay: The Golden Ratio

Haha, that's of course a perfect way to describe it. I let ChatGPT write an article explaining the choice:

In crafting the guitar neck inlay with a slightly offset design, the deliberate incorporation of the Golden Ratio serves as a meticulously calculated decision rooted in the pursuit of aesthetic excellence and harmonic balance. The inherent allure of the Golden Ratio, with its mathematical precision and divine proportion, resonates seamlessly with the timeless elegance sought in instrument design. By strategically situating the inlay in a subtly asymmetric arrangement along the fretboard, an intentional departure from conventional symmetry is introduced. This departure not only captures the discerning eye but also stimulates a subconscious appreciation for proportionality in the observer. The offset design, intricately aligned with the Golden Ratio, thus becomes a poignant visual symphony, elevating the instrument beyond mere functionality to an artistic masterpiece that harmonizes both form and function with a meticulous balance that echoes the eternal beauty inherent in the Fibonacci sequence.

What about the bridge on the 14th fret tho? I actually like this idea. Not only does the body of a guitar act as water and make the bridge a lot more visible and pop, but the fact that the inlay is on the 14th fret, against all rules of guitar design (after all, the inlay is supposed to be on the 12th fret) signifies Mark's outstanding capability of braking any rules and going his own way. Also would make an awesome presentation. See, it's easy to justify anything.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #184 on: January 28, 2024, 06:53:48 PM »
So, new week, new single? What do you think?

I am sure they will come up with some more tracks in the next 10 weeks. Can't wait to hear it!

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #185 on: January 28, 2024, 08:26:21 PM »
"So, new week, new single? What do you think?

Too fast.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2024, 08:44:13 PM »

I am sure they will come up with some more tracks in the next 10 weeks. Can't wait to hear it!

LE

Highly unlikely it’ll be as soon as a week following the release of the first single. Though with the way albums are marketed these days, no doubt multiple songs will made available prior to the release of the album itself. Personally I’ll avoid hearing any more new songs until the album is released. I always like to hear the first lead single but any more than that and I start to feel I’m spoiling my first listen to the album.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2024, 08:50:03 PM »
"Personally I’ll avoid hearing any more new songs until the album is released. I always like to hear the first lead single but any more than that and I start to feel I’m spoiling my first listen to the album"

I always promise myself this too, but it's not that simple. The temptation is too big  ;)
Clear as the day

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #188 on: January 29, 2024, 09:26:16 AM »
Though with the way albums are marketed these days, no doubt multiple songs will made available prior to the release of the album itself.

Last Friday, Gary Clark Jr announced his next album for march 22th, and 4 songs were published the same day :

https://textes-blog-rock-n-roll.fr/gary-clark-jr-invite-stevie-wonder-et-george-clinton-sur-son-nouvel-album/

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #189 on: January 29, 2024, 10:00:25 AM »

LE

Nowadays is a common practice, and some artists do it in different ways.

Peter Gabriel was releasing one track per month during a year more or less and when he released the last one, he announced the release date of the physical formats, for example.

Others release one track per week until the release date of the physical formats, some other one every 15 days, or per month.

I think that with DTRW, they released "Goon on you son" first and then some weeks before the album release date, "Back on the dance floor", if I recall well.
So Long

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #190 on: January 29, 2024, 01:05:39 PM »

LE

Nowadays is a common practice, and some artists do it in different ways.

Peter Gabriel was releasing one track per month during a year more or less and when he released the last one, he announced the release date of the physical formats, for example.

Others release one track per week until the release date of the physical formats, some other one every 15 days, or per month.

I think that with DTRW, they released "Goon on you son" first and then some weeks before the album release date, "Back on the dance floor", if I recall well.

Yes, it’s very much the way new studio albums are marketed these days. The main lead single gets a release well in advance of the album, followed by a selection of songs that are made available over the course of the intervening time before the album release itself. I don’t really mind that, but personally I thought Peter Gabriel’s approach of releasing a song a month for about a year was a bit over the top and quite frustrating. I’m glad the run-up to the release of One Deep River is a little more sensible than that!

Official video for Ahead of the Game coming at 1730GMT today…

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #191 on: January 29, 2024, 01:12:23 PM »
Peter Gabriel did the same thing he did 20 years ago when the Up album was released. Whenever the moon was full, he shared one song.
Clear as the day

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2024, 05:33:17 PM »
Peter Gabriel did the same thing he did 20 years ago when the Up album was released. Whenever the moon was full, he shared one song.

Really? I had no idea. But then I am not what you would call a dedicated follower of Peter’s, as much as I like his work.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2024, 05:39:46 PM »

Really? I had no idea. But then I am not what you would call a dedicated follower of Peter’s, as much as I like his work.

I liked the idea of the full moon, but there are many people who think it spoiled the I/O premiere.
Clear as the day

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2024, 06:43:17 PM »

I liked the idea of the full moon, but there are many people who think it spoiled the I/O premiere.

Don't you think with this release strategy the premiere is kinda... Pointless by design? I followed it by the way and liked the idea. It's so refreshing to see something different these days especially with "legacy" artists. I think the internet is so developed today you can drop an album without announcements and it still will sell, be listened to and enjoyed, and people will share it with no long anticipation needed.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 39 queries.