Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - One Deep River  (Read 90067 times)

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
Re: New Album - One Deep River
« Reply #615 on: March 21, 2024, 06:35:29 AM »
They tend to go through the obvious stuff so I expect an hour of Uncle Kingsley, "it had to be red", blowing up the radio etc then a few minutes at the end promoting TCT and the new album.

It's not always the interviewer's fault, somehow Mark can steer ANY conversation into Uncle Kingsley, "it had to be red" and blowing up the radio. He's a master at that!

And about fame and success 😉 …
he always sticks to the script!
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #616 on: March 21, 2024, 06:56:35 AM »
Good interviewers who have done their research know how to pre-empt those situations. Mark Lawson did a fantastic job when he interviewed Mark a few years ago. (And that Katie lady, who did the podcast with Guy, is also great at it.)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #617 on: March 21, 2024, 08:23:50 AM »
As i the first and only time they got MK in their podcast, it's obvious it's going to be around most of the common places we all know, that's what they usually do, it's usually a kind of biographical thing in a very relaxed and fun way.

Just for all of you that never heard that podcast, here you have the one when they interviewed John Illsley:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2wLVctVbdAffhLA11z7wFK?si=orW109fNQNinj_46ed3mQg
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #618 on: March 21, 2024, 10:55:03 AM »
Yes, their podcast is very much not for "get a lifers" on any artist - it's for causal fans to find out a bit more about legendary artists that they might know by name.

I'm not a huge Tom Petty fan but I had heard basically all the stories in the Mike Campbell episode before.

So I'm sure it will be fun and we might get some interesting nuggets but don't expect anything revelatory. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #619 on: March 21, 2024, 11:33:12 AM »
It seems Mark is putting himself out there at the moment more than he has in many years, I wonder if a combination of stopping touring and his age is giving him to option to do more things.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #620 on: March 21, 2024, 12:34:03 PM »
It seems Mark is putting himself out there at the moment more than he has in many years, I wonder if a combination of stopping touring and his age is giving him to option to do more things.

Compared with other artists of his stature and generation, isn't it a bit unusual, though? Especially considering how Mark generally does not seek attention. He (including DS) has featured regularly, and quite often, in the media since the release of the DS live box set last fall. I have a hard time thinking it's a coincidence. Which begs the question: Why? And: Why now?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #621 on: March 21, 2024, 12:47:44 PM »

Compared with other artists of his stature and generation, isn't it a bit unusual, though? Especially considering how Mark generally does not seek attention. He (including DS) has featured regularly, and quite often, in the media since the release of the DS live box set last fall. I have a hard time thinking it's a coincidence. Which begs the question: Why? And: Why now?

It's just promotion. He always does promotion to a lesser or greater extent. He used to go across Europe with a little band, obviously he's not doing that anymore. so more interviews.

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
« Reply #622 on: March 21, 2024, 12:49:17 PM »

Usually he would release an album and do a tour that would generate lots and lots of money/attention, I have a theory that the DS box set , potentially the guitar sale event and other events are a good way of generating income/advertising instead of a tour to potentially pacify the record company/advertisters/supporters?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #623 on: March 21, 2024, 01:01:41 PM »
Really nice interview with the legend that is Twiggy.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1nr5qoQDpgEpHTPQt5PWAS?si=4541b0ab2a58436a

A lot of the "favourites" (Uncle Kingsley makes an appearance) but a few new nuggets. Did we know what the first record MK ever bought was before?!

Seems MK is finally embracing the promo opportunities offered by podcasts. :)

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #624 on: March 21, 2024, 01:49:08 PM »
Really nice interview with the legend that is Twiggy.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1nr5qoQDpgEpHTPQt5PWAS?si=4541b0ab2a58436a

A lot of the "favourites" (Uncle Kingsley makes an appearance) but a few new nuggets. Did we know what the first record MK ever bought was before?!

Seems MK is finally embracing the promo opportunities offered by podcasts. :)

Oh, this is lovely! Thank you. Mark's in a good mood, and women like Twiggy, so bubbling and outgoing, just bring out the best in him. Great to hear him chit-chat about tea making ha-ha

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #625 on: March 21, 2024, 01:55:06 PM »
This is what I mean, now he isn't preparing to tour he has more time on his hands for this kind of thing, to me, it's like a new (ish) Mark
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #626 on: March 21, 2024, 02:03:55 PM »
Thank you so much dusty for this lovely interview with Twiggy.  Mark sounds so comfortable and really relaxed.   In one part of the interview Twiggy mentioned Paul Anka's Diana and it immediately brought back memories for me of going to the Liverpool Empire, when I was 14, to see Paul with one of my friends and he sang Diana - we were very close to the stage too.   Later after the show we went to the stage door and he signed our autograph books.  Great memories!  Still listening.....
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
« Reply #627 on: March 21, 2024, 02:10:12 PM »
Oh, my goodness! Listen to all the stuff that Mark remembers! During many interviews he's often said "oh, I don't remember" or "I have no idea what it was". Clearly it's just because he couldn't be bothered LOL

Seriously, Mark (since you're reading this anyway  ;D ), write an autobiography!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #628 on: March 21, 2024, 02:18:07 PM »
I remember his radio shows. His knowledge and memory made a great impression on me.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #629 on: March 21, 2024, 02:25:50 PM »
Very nice. And he said his next album has to get ready faster and he will have to put some rockers on it
  ;) :wave

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 39 queries.