Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - One Deep River  (Read 86784 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: New Album - One Deep River
« Reply #240 on: January 30, 2024, 12:06:32 PM »
Now we have separated threads for each song, so please if any find information about a specific song, post it in that thread :)

THANKS!
So Long

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2024, 12:15:18 PM »
and electronic youth-oriented music existed throughout all his life
Really?

Look at any current pop chart and tell me what you think compares from the 1950s. There was assembly line writing and production, sure, but it was still with an underlying craft. Nowadays, there is an awful lot of music that barely has any human element. The John Mayers, Taylor Swifts and Sam Fenders of today are exceptions that also appeal to parts of the (predominantly older) rock crowd because of that.

Really what? Humanity always tried to come up with music for the future and for the youth, without it, we'd still be banging on the bongos like chimpanzees and singing Gregorian chants, being afraid not to anger GOD with our tritones. Renaissance, romantic music, then the invention of recording, blues, and bebop, everything was new and hip at some point. In Mark's age, there were synthesisers, Stratocasters (Strato — nuclear age, future, the space) and so on.

I'd be the last one to criticise today's music. There are a LOT more people than in the 50s, music is more abundant and available than ever, so no way it would not diminish in quality. Everything diminishes in quality once gets this abundant, available and easy to make. Our job is to find little gems in the sea of mediocrity. Like Eric Clapton said or whoever it was, in music, it's 5% of gold and 95% of shit, and this ratio never ever changed in the history of art, now even more so.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2024, 12:30:23 PM »
Now we have separated threads for each song, so please if any find information about a specific song, post it in that thread :)

THANKS!

:thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2024, 12:33:08 PM »

THANKS!

Thank you!!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMarkus

• Camerado
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2024, 03:34:41 PM »
Markus

MK DTRW Tour : Germany - Mannheim - SAP Arena - 2019-Jul-06

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2024, 12:21:57 AM »
Here's a fun new video from Rick Beato that just came out about how fast you can write and record a song with a Nashville band, and how little to no actual "production" is needed when the musicians are so great. Guess who's using an even better Nashville band than this!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2024, 09:04:59 AM »
Why is there such an obsession about how long his albums take? It really doesn't matter, to me at least, most people naturally slow down later in life, yes there are exceptions, Paul McCartney, Ringo, Nick Mason, Roger Waters etc, but with them it mainly about touring, Mark is still making original albums, and this is the 1st time in his career he has intentionally not toured an album. The Ragpicker's Dream tour was a forced cancelation. If I was in his shoes, I would be doing the same, maybe he just wants to slow things down even further, and spend time with his family etc, he must be fully aware there are less years ahead now. I have no doubt this is not his last album.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #247 on: January 31, 2024, 09:18:45 AM »
Why is there such an obsession about how long his albums take? It really doesn't matter, to me at least, most people naturally slow down later in life, yes there are exceptions, Paul McCartney, Ringo, Nick Mason, Roger Waters etc, but with them it mainly about touring, Mark is still making original albums, and this is the 1st time in his career he has intentionally not toured an album. The Ragpicker's Dream tour was a forced cancelation. If I was in his shoes, I would be doing the same, maybe he just wants to slow things down even further, and spend time with his family etc, he must be fully aware there are less years ahead now. I have no doubt this is not his last album.

100% agree with you!!!
I'm really sick and tired of all this moaning about what Mark is doing or not.  :(
This is all the heaven we've got, right here where we are in our Shangri-La.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #248 on: January 31, 2024, 10:49:11 AM »
One of the main reasons for this impatience among  Get-A-Lifers is that Guy keeps telling us what they do all the time  and automatically raises expectations. I was totally happy and surprised when back in summer 2000 I learned that a new album was going to be released. I had no idea what MK had been doing since 1998.

In times of social Media and X everything is detected within minutes as fans are behaving like vultures for news. Remember that pic from the band's meeting in London? Immediately speculation and alarm went off.

I read some comments on YouTube from "casual" music fans and how surprised and happy they were hearing news about a new album release. I was a little envious about that I must admit.

Sometimes I think we are sort of "professional fans" which takes the pure joy and happiness from a lot of things that should be the core of it all.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #249 on: January 31, 2024, 11:00:08 AM »
I agree, I think a lot of people just don't seem to have much patience anymore, maybe it's different for me as I don't and won't do social media, so am not in this needing everything instantly state of mind. I remember the thrill of hearing that Mark had a solo album coming out in 1996 there was really no lead up to it, it just happened as most people didn't know he was recording anymore.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #250 on: January 31, 2024, 11:23:29 AM »

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
« Reply #251 on: February 02, 2024, 04:23:37 PM »
Here's a fun new video from Rick Beato that just came out about how fast you can write and record a song with a Nashville band, and how little to no actual "production" is needed when the musicians are so great. Guess who's using an even better Nashville band than this!

Hate to disappoint you quizzaciously, but Tom Bukovac is the top of the line! I wouldn't dare to say Richard Bennett is better.

More info on Bukovac:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Bukovac

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #252 on: February 02, 2024, 05:08:28 PM »

Hate to disappoint you quizzaciously, but Tom Bukovac is the top of the line! I wouldn't dare to say Richard Bennett is better.

More info on Bukovac:

Fair to say! I like Richard's personality more though, he's so intelligent and soft-spoken, and reminds me of Teller of Penn & Teller. Anyhow, these session musicians frighten me, the way they can play anything, anywhere, in any style, how they learn songs not just fast, but at the speed of light, and the sheer amount of their recording credits. They are true magicians of their instruments.

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #253 on: February 02, 2024, 05:16:19 PM »

More info on Bukovac:

Fair to say! I like Richard's personality more though, he's so intelligent and soft-spoken, and reminds me of Teller of Penn & Teller. Anyhow, these session musicians frighten me, the way they can play anything, anywhere, in any style, how they learn songs not just fast, but at the speed of light, and the sheer amount of their recording credits. They are true magicians of their instruments.

I was sure I was going to find something  ;D

https://youtu.be/PLzL7xTFQZ8?si=cbxwWrSeelY_LETe

If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2024, 06:18:41 PM »

More info on Bukovac:

Oh gosh! What a great comparison. I reckon Richard Bennett and Teller would make a great pairing. Lock them in a room and tell them to get to know each other, awesome

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 39 queries.