Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - One Deep River  (Read 89987 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: New Album - One Deep River
« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2024, 11:00:18 PM »
The Digipack versión is a Deluxe one with two more tracks than the standard version, so that track and Every heart in the room are bonuses.

But they are not described as bonus songs

I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #526 on: March 07, 2024, 11:02:59 PM »
It also shows that Down The Dump Whatever has no special running order needed as the songs are all totally random style wise and have no special idea or inspiration in terms of an "album" behind it. Better don't get me started about this release again, I shut up now..

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #527 on: March 07, 2024, 11:20:04 PM »
Yeah, back to the topic ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #528 on: March 07, 2024, 11:28:31 PM »
With One Deep River, they found a better solution. Here it seems, bonus songs get an own CD (and/or LP) and the core album of 12 songs stays untouched. This gives me hope that the 12 songs might have a real "album/theme" feeling which is a good thing!

LE

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #529 on: March 07, 2024, 11:41:58 PM »
With One Deep River, they found a better solution. Here it seems, bonus songs get an own CD (and/or LP) and the core album of 12 songs stays untouched. This gives me hope that the 12 songs might have a real "album/theme" feeling which is a good thing!

LE

Album/theme will also have the EP "The Boy"  :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #530 on: March 08, 2024, 07:56:32 AM »
The Digipack versión is a Deluxe one with two more tracks than the standard version, so that track and Every heart in the room are bonuses.

But they are not described as bonus songs

Right now in the official site there is no reference to previous records, but I remember very well that were three editions, a standard one with 14 songs, a deluxe with two more tracks (Every heart in the room and Rear view mirror) and the box with the extra vinyl with more bonus tracks.

So Long

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #531 on: March 08, 2024, 08:09:30 AM »
I think you don't get the problem.

LE

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #532 on: March 08, 2024, 08:41:18 AM »
I think you don't get the problem.

LE

No, I see it very clear.

The fact that the deluxe version, the digipack, doesnt says that songs are bonus, doesn't turn it into the standard edition of the record, as the standard exists as a 14 songs cd and was announced like that when it was released, and the digipack with 16 songs was announced like deluxe version at the time.

The official site doesn't show the information of that record editions, but it is detailed in its wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Down_the_Road_Wherever

What's the problem?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 08:48:23 AM by jbaent »
So Long

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #533 on: March 08, 2024, 08:49:41 AM »
It's two different things what's "announced" and what is visible for the buyer. Drovers Road perfectly sums up the whole mess regarding it's character of bonus song or standard song. Depends on what?

Compare it with  the way it is done with One Deep River and then look at all running orders of all "versions" of DTRW. Nobody should have to check the press release first to understand the status of a song on a release.

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #534 on: March 08, 2024, 09:41:37 AM »
I know, i'm on Jbaents side, but it's way offtopic here, and also pointless, so let it go  and back to the real topic again ;)

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #535 on: March 08, 2024, 09:55:29 AM »
It's two different things what's "announced" and what is visible for the buyer. Drovers Road perfectly sums up the whole mess regarding it's character of bonus song or standard song. Depends on what?

Compare it with  the way it is done with One Deep River and then look at all running orders of all "versions" of DTRW. Nobody should have to check the press release first to understand the status of a song on a release.

LE

Excuse Dutchessy, my last post on this off topic.

Right now I did a search on Amazon Spain and it displays various formats, one that only says the title, which has 14 tracks, another that says deluxe, that has 16 tracks, and the LP version, that has 13, only the standard appears on sale by Amazon, the rest by other sellers.

I agree that is a mess and a confussion for buyers, specially the thing about "Drovers road" that was out of the LP version as far as I recall, was even outside of the standard cd version in North America, but that happens also with STP, who had "One more matinee" on all versions except the North American, that one had "Do America" instead, which was included in the UK version but not in the rest of European countries, and the European and UK editions both had One more matinee! So "Do America" was a bonus in the UK respect to the European, "One more matinee" was a bonus respect to the American... maybe it was a little mess as when you went to your record shop, even online, you only were offered the release assigned to your country...

I prefer that the deluxe version has two cds, as it's easiest to identify, but probably they thought that do a two cds version just to add two songs was too expensive to produce in comparation with adding it to the original cd and label it in the online shops as deluxe, maybe it even had a sticker on the plastic envelope saying that it was deluxe, I don't remember...

However, I agree it was confusing, but in the end even confusing, the fact is that both "Rear view mirror" and "Every heart in the room" were bonus tracks ;)
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #536 on: March 08, 2024, 09:57:15 AM »
I know, i'm on Jbaents side, but it's way offtopic here, and also pointless, so let it go  and back to the real topic again ;)

And going on topic again...

With all the fuss of MK going to St James's Park, the video from his visit to the hospital, the inminent release of the Going Home with 66 musicians on it, I totally forgot about the expectation of "One Deep River"... Did it happened to any of you too?
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #537 on: March 08, 2024, 10:00:32 AM »
So, in your head, does STP include Do America and One More Matinee?

It does to me, that's how I always heard it.

But I bet people from other countries feel differently.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #538 on: March 08, 2024, 10:18:20 AM »

With all the fuss of MK going to St James's Park, the video from his visit to the hospital, the inminent release of the Going Home with 66 musicians on it, I totally forgot about the expectation of "One Deep River"... Did it happened to any of you too?
No,5 weeks and counting :)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #539 on: March 08, 2024, 10:18:37 AM »

Yes, which is good... Time flies even faster these days.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 38 queries.