Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - One Deep River  (Read 89954 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: New Album - One Deep River
« Reply #420 on: February 19, 2024, 10:27:21 PM »
I agree. One of the reasons I love Tracker so much is Ruth Moody's voice on Basil, Skydiver, Long Cool Girl and WIG

Personally will be happy never to hear of her again and it seems there's a good chance as she's disappeared into obscurity.

I don’t particularly like “Wherever I go” but I enjoy her voice and I LOVE her solo albums. I’m grateful to MK for introducing me to her as a solo artist.

I like "Wherever I Go"  live more than the studio version.  I have both "The Garden" and "These Wilder Things" on CD and like both, but "These Wilder Things" is my favourite.

I saw Ruth and her band in 2013 at "The Band Room" in the wilds of Farndale in the North York Moors.   It was held in a tiny corrugated shed-type building which held around 100 people.   Ruth and her band were excellent and in the interval some of the villagers came round with chocolate cake!   At the end whilst Ruth was signing my CD the lights went out and we were in complete darkness.   Ruth's signature was just a scribble, but that is what reminds me of what was happening at that moment.   :)

I think I recall a clip of this gig on YouTube where she’s chatting with someone who saw her supporting MK and she comments something like “you get around don’t you?”
Was that you?!?

I did tell her that I had seen her about a week before at the RAH, but I don't remember her saying that, but she may have done.   She spoke to lots of people during the interval and at the end of the show.  She was very friendly and seemed a nice person.   :)

Absolutely she is.  At the meet and greet I attended in 2015 she sang only a couple of metres away from me with only a couple of acoustic instruments (Richard and Ian) for company and her voice is so sweet.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #421 on: February 20, 2024, 09:21:19 AM »
I agree. One of the reasons I love Tracker so much is Ruth Moody's voice on Basil, Skydiver, Long Cool Girl and WIG

Personally will be happy never to hear of her again and it seems there's a good chance as she's disappeared into obscurity.

I don’t particularly like “Wherever I go” but I enjoy her voice and I LOVE her solo albums. I’m grateful to MK for introducing me to her as a solo artist.

I like "Wherever I Go"  live more than the studio version.  I have both "The Garden" and "These Wilder Things" on CD and like both, but "These Wilder Things" is my favourite.

I saw Ruth and her band in 2013 at "The Band Room" in the wilds of Farndale in the North York Moors.   It was held in a tiny corrugated shed-type building which held around 100 people.   Ruth and her band were excellent and in the interval some of the villagers came round with chocolate cake!   At the end whilst Ruth was signing my CD the lights went out and we were in complete darkness.   Ruth's signature was just a scribble, but that is what reminds me of what was happening at that moment.   :)

I think I recall a clip of this gig on YouTube where she’s chatting with someone who saw her supporting MK and she comments something like “you get around don’t you?”
Was that you?!?

I did tell her that I had seen her about a week before at the RAH, but I don't remember her saying that, but she may have done.   She spoke to lots of people during the interval and at the end of the show.  She was very friendly and seemed a nice person.   :)

I’m sure it’s not the same. Just recalled the clip and your account seemed similar.
I remember speaking to her at the RAH. She was lovely, I felt cheeky as she’d spelled my name wrong so asked for an extra t at the end….but she was kind and added it

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
« Reply #422 on: February 20, 2024, 04:27:38 PM »

Was that you?!?

https://youtu.be/8mLWKg97ea0?si=0iqGhPkvRmfpN90g

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #423 on: February 20, 2024, 04:31:10 PM »

Was that you?!?

Studio version from MK :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #424 on: February 20, 2024, 05:10:21 PM »

Was that you?!?

Wasn't me, but I was at this concert.
Lovely evening and Ruth is sweet too.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2024, 05:20:14 PM »
HAJEPE's youtube account, That's Henk Pestman i guess
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2024, 08:21:39 AM »
Was watching the EPK video pt. 1 (again) and wonder who the person around 1:25 with the long blonde hair is, sitting next to Guy and smiling?

LE
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 08:25:38 AM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #427 on: February 21, 2024, 09:02:17 AM »
Was watching the EPK video pt. 1 (again) and wonder who the person around 1:25 with the long blonde hair is, sitting next to Guy and smiling?

LE

Possibly Eve from Diary # 2
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2024, 08:46:28 AM »
With "Ahead of the game" released in late January, "Watch me gone" in late February, should be expect another track released in late March, as far as the record would be out in April?
So Long

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #430 on: February 22, 2024, 11:03:26 AM »
SECOND PART OF THE VIDEO:

So Long

OfflineGIUMK

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #431 on: February 22, 2024, 01:33:09 PM »
With "Ahead of the game" released in late January, "Watch me gone" in late February, should be expect another track released in late March, as far as the record would be out in April?

I think so, it could be a radio single as well as Ahead of the Game, given that there will be an album release.

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #432 on: February 23, 2024, 12:29:59 AM »
There will almost certainly be another song made available before the album is released. New albums, especially by established artists invariably have at least three or four songs released prior to the album itself these days. Personally I’m avoiding hearing anymore after Ahead of the Game. Have successfully avoided hearing Watch Me Gone so far. It’s going to be a painful seven weeks or so!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 10:48:54 PM by Rolleyway Man »

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #433 on: February 23, 2024, 06:50:36 PM »
I suspect that if we do get another track before the album release, it’ll be the week before, not earlier. Reason? I think Going Home is going to be providing enough MK exposure for several weeks from mid March.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #434 on: February 24, 2024, 07:55:52 PM »
Apparantly Guy decided which tracks are bonus or boxset songs...
Or maybe he decided the whole order, a little language barrier mixed with a short answer from Guy to an extensive question.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 38 queries.