Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - One Deep River  (Read 86781 times)

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: New Album - One Deep River
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2024, 01:01:07 PM »
Official video of Ahead of the game coming this evening to MK's YouTube channel.

:thumbsup Thank you for your message:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopfleRick

• Lady writer
« Reply #226 on: January 29, 2024, 01:57:31 PM »
Official video of Ahead of the game coming this evening to MK's YouTube channel.

Thank you, thank you, thank youuuu!  :thumbsup
This is all the heaven we've got, right here where we are in our Shangri-La.

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #227 on: January 29, 2024, 05:13:44 PM »

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #228 on: January 29, 2024, 06:46:11 PM »
 :) I love this band.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 06:55:17 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #229 on: January 29, 2024, 07:43:19 PM »
All that set-up, just for mimicking it. I bet we will have the same set-up from the same day with the same clothes for the next single release  :lol

It would have been great to have a live played version, that's all I want to say. I remember back in 1996, when the promo started for Golden Heart, I heard many live-from-the-rehearsal-room-versions of the new material. The band is there anyway, so...

LE
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 07:46:05 PM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2024, 08:05:50 PM »
Looks like a Corona Setup with lots of space between the musicians.

So nice to see the band make music again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 08:14:17 PM by Kris-b »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2024, 08:16:07 PM »
All that set-up, just for mimicking it. I bet we will have the same set-up from the same day with the same clothes for the next single release  :lol

It would have been great to have a live played version, that's all I want to say. I remember back in 1996, when the promo started for Golden Heart, I heard many live-from-the-rehearsal-room-versions of the new material. The band is there anyway, so...

LE

It reminds me of Shangri-La promo videos, also shot in black and white TWENTY YEARS AGO, and also mimicking. I don't think I'll ever forgive MK for not having a proper "Live at British Grove" album though. You have a world-class studio, you have world-class musicians and access to any film crew that will be happy to do the shoot for you, and all you do is playback promo videos. I know it's getting old criticising MK, but this man's middle name is "missed opportunity". How, how, how it's even possible?

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2024, 08:33:09 PM »

LE

It reminds me of Shangri-La promo videos, also shot in black and white TWENTY YEARS AGO, and also mimicking. I don't think I'll ever forgive MK for not having a proper "Live at British Grove" album though. You have a world-class studio, you have world-class musicians and access to any film crew that will be happy to do the shoot for you, and all you do is playback promo videos. I know it's getting old criticising MK, but this man's middle name is "missed opportunity". How, how, how it's even possible?

Simple answer: Mark is not interested  :D
Clear as the day

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2024, 08:47:40 PM »

LE

Simple answer: Mark is not interested  :D

I know he's not a fan of music videos, but boy, as was highlighted earlier the man doesn't mind organising a freaking pantomime performance so many times and yet — giving your fans a chance to marvel at your studio's beauty, witness your perfect band doing REAL magic, capturing your unique playing for generations to come is a big no-no. He's been giving a big middle finger to his fans all this time, no wonder many of us are so angry.

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2024, 09:13:20 PM »

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2024, 09:30:39 PM »
"The SDE-exclusive blu-ray edition is limited to 2,000 units worldwide."
I think this one will sell out fast.
... in less than a week.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 09:32:54 PM by skydiver »

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2024, 01:30:39 AM »
In the booklet of Jimmy Nail's "Big River" album is the same bridge but under construction.
Clear as the day

OfflineIron Hand

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2024, 11:16:22 AM »
Didn’t realise that. I think the last record had everything on vinyl?
"Rear View Mirror" and "Every Heart in the Room" weren't on vinyl until the 2009 - 2018 box set.
and electronic youth-oriented music existed throughout all his life
Really?

Look at any current pop chart and tell me what you think compares from the 1950s. There was assembly line writing and production, sure, but it was still with an underlying craft. Nowadays, there is an awful lot of music that barely has any human element. The John Mayers, Taylor Swifts and Sam Fenders of today are exceptions that also appeal to parts of the (predominantly older) rock crowd because of that.
And how then does it differ from over-production and overly long post-production Mark was complaining basically from the beginning of his solo career? Instead of long post-production, let's have a long pre-production then but rush everything else. Is this how it works now?

It's quite remarkable how Mark steps in the same water so many times. Dire Straits ended with a long exhausting tour, 9 people on stage, overly produced albums or whatever. Mark's solo career has its sunset (judging by 2 cover pictures in a row) with 11 (!) people on stage, a long exhausting tour, and overly pre-produced albums.

We all love Mark and it's a fan forum, I know, just want to remind people to lower their expectations and never take anything for face value.
Sure, he can shoot himself in the foot. But if the pre-production works for him, then I don't see a reason to take exception to it. Would the songs sound more spontaneous, fresher without it? Maybe.
"I don't know how you came to get the Bette Davis kneeees"

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2024, 11:32:16 AM »
I don't get bothered by how long it takes to make the album, it's what the finished product sounds like that's important. This is a great time we are in, we had the Dire Straits box set late last year, now the new album and a TV show to look forward to :clap I for one am excited by all this, let's enjoy it while we have it.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2024, 11:41:55 AM »
I don't get bothered by how long it takes to make the album, it's what the finished product sounds like that's important. This is a great time we are in, we had the Dire Straits box set late last year, now the new album and a TV show to look forward to :clap I for one am excited by all this, let's enjoy it while we have it.

:thumbsup
also the tct project

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 38 queries.