Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New Album - One Deep River  (Read 86838 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: New Album - One Deep River
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2024, 08:00:17 PM »
Is it the sde shop reliable?

https://www.thesdeshop.com/

I guess it is but I'd like to read your comments, as they are the only ones selling the Blu-ray and blue vinyl.
So Long

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2024, 08:14:43 PM »
That's true, I got all my Box Sets far from release date, some years later, they were all available very long (the Live Box f.e. is still available and both Studio Album Boxes also if I am not mistaken), but I cannot say that they discounted very much in price, more the opposite. This time I am willing to have the Box as early as possible, but it as pity (again) that then those 5 bonus CD songs are not available on vinyl.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2024, 08:25:57 PM »
The deluxe box set is at 100€ on Amazon.fr
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Offlinemkdsone

• Guitar George
« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2024, 08:26:31 PM »
Musically, the new song is good enough for me but it is sad to confirm that he's still plagiaring himself mercylessly some of his old musical ideas, as he did in DTRW. The riff is recycled from 38 Special and the verse is litteraly carboncopied from the verses from The Car Was The One. Put it all in the mixer with a new groove and there you have it.

I totally agree with this : .38 Special came immediately to mind.  I like the sound and the feeling of the new song, but it's nothing "new", for me he's not "ahead of the game" with this one ;) and I don't like the fade-out ; some alternating licks would be nice...
If she was an Ace and I was just a Jack, and the cards were never seen, we could have been King and Queen.

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2024, 08:43:59 PM »

I guess it is but I'd like to read your comments, as they are the only ones selling the Blu-ray and blue vinyl.

They are!

I ordered the bundle from them.

Offlinetobi777

• Local Hero
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2024, 11:02:04 PM »

They are!

I ordered the bundle from them.

I actually wanted to leave the forum a long time ago, but the administrators haven't reacted yet. So I won't. ;D

Anyway, what I wanted to say: jpc.de also sells the album in blue vinyl.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2024, 11:15:26 PM »
Admins over here are too busy... never seen anything about that, sorry. Glad you are staying with us!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2024, 11:32:53 PM »
Honestly, if anyone wants to leave the forum, just leave and don’t post, asking mods to delete your account makes no difference. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineIron Hand

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #143 on: January 25, 2024, 01:08:53 AM »
Long time lurker here, figured this is as good a moment to sign up as any. I was a sporadic member of the Silvertown Blues forum and have discussed Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler elsewhere, but never here.

It is. I've previously ordered the SDE Blu-Rays numbers 1 (Tears for Fears), 9 (also TFF) and 10 (Mike Oldfield) from them, as well as the exclusive CD edition of the TFF album. They always pack things well and customer service hasn't let me down so far. But keep in mind it's a small operation, essentially just Paul Sinclair and his wife Anne. Or at least that's how it was for quite a while.

It's rather remarkable (see what I did there? ;)) that Paul's initiative has revived the Blu-Ray audio format. The first Tears for Fears blu-ray back in 2022 was also limited to 2000 but there was such overwhelming demand, he eventually got to do another print run based on how many would preorder a second pressing - in the end it was 2500 copies sold second time around. I can see this disc selling at a similar pace.
"I don't know how you came to get the Bette Davis kneeees"

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #144 on: January 25, 2024, 07:46:28 AM »
They have recorderd 30 plus songs we know from Richard. Will the others stay in the vault at BG??

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #145 on: January 25, 2024, 08:19:50 AM »
This release offers 21 songs altogether with all bonus tracks and there is the EP planned with let's say 4 or 5?  So there is not too much left over. And they always worked this way so that some maybe are used on a next project. They always have a few songs in store. (Precious Voice From Heaven comes to mind.)

LE

« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 08:22:42 AM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2024, 08:33:36 AM »
Or "Back In The Day"  ;)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2024, 10:32:52 AM »
Any of you typography experts able to identify the font they have used on the new record?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #148 on: January 25, 2024, 10:46:37 AM »
Long time lurker here, figured this is as good a moment to sign up as any. I was a sporadic member of the Silvertown Blues forum and have discussed Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler elsewhere, but never here.

It is. I've previously ordered the SDE Blu-Rays numbers 1 (Tears for Fears), 9 (also TFF) and 10 (Mike Oldfield) from them, as well as the exclusive CD edition of the TFF album. They always pack things well and customer service hasn't let me down so far. But keep in mind it's a small operation, essentially just Paul Sinclair and his wife Anne. Or at least that's how it was for quite a while.

It's rather remarkable (see what I did there? ;)) that Paul's initiative has revived the Blu-Ray audio format. The first Tears for Fears blu-ray back in 2022 was also limited to 2000 but there was such overwhelming demand, he eventually got to do another print run based on how many would preorder a second pressing - in the end it was 2500 copies sold second time around. I can see this disc selling at a similar pace.
they are. i ordered this one, then heard the normal deluxe box has more songs on it and cancelled the SDE one. this was handled swiftly and friendly. may still consider that box when my tax return for 2022 (finally) comes in :)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #149 on: January 25, 2024, 10:58:26 AM »
I have also ordered from SDE, I bought the 40th anniversary Tubular Bells Blur-ray last year, all very good, he also does videos about the releases too, so, I guess he will for One Deep River.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 38 queries.