Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RSD 2024 EP The Boy  (Read 51775 times)

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: RSD 2024 EP The Boy
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2024, 08:51:55 PM »
Brand new MK Bonus tracks says the text on page 1 of this thread

Thank you. I knew one of the links said it's 4 bonus tracks from the upcoming album and were recorded in the sessions for the new album. I'm not making stuff up, remember folks? Tho the fact it's bonus tracks is obvious even without any copy, to be honest :lol

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2024, 08:55:38 PM »
Indeed, remember they made an own extra session for it? If I remember correctly, the two Brass boys would be playing on this one then?

Mr. Solomons Said, this title sounds like a track from Lightnin' Hopkins, like an ancient talking blues.

In Germany in the 80's there was a boxing family on the Fairgrounds called the "Schlüter Truppe". They had two "sons", Schlüter Junior 1 and Schlüter Junior 2 who looked like Elvis, and they were boxing with guys from the audience, drunken ones most of the time and they attracted always the biggest crowds. Loved to watch the whole Show as a kid and still remember the exact place where it all took place. I am very thrilled by this EP. It's am absolute MK-like theme.

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2024, 09:00:40 PM »
Quite a season of steady releases! DS live boxset, charity single, new album & now RSD support with an original EP!
As Quizz has said in the past, most other artists are good at releasing stuff new & old, this is new territory for Knop fans I think.Maybe next Christmas, DS studio outtakes and unreleased gems? :)

Yeah, it's something new indeed. However, the sloppiness of it is quite reMARKable. Spend 6 years with no releases, then drop everything you've got in 6 months. The thing you can be afraid of here is — does this mean years and years of silence after all this or a beginning of something good, like a new release of stuff each year.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2024, 09:01:30 PM »

Well, to me, this is literally a real bonus. I can understand that MK separated it when really all four tracks are about boxing. It's just natural. Drovers Road was called a bonus song, too, so it's nonsense to judge these songs with terms like "b-sides".

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2024, 09:01:37 PM »
No brass, they were for the beers only
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2024, 09:02:21 PM »
No brass, they were for the beers only

Thank god!  ;D

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2024, 09:03:20 PM »
Indeed, remember they made an own extra session for it? If I remember correctly, the two Brass boys would be playing on this one then?

Mr. Solomons Said, this title sounds like a track from Lightnin' Hopkins, like an ancient talking blues.

In Germany in the 80's there was a boxing family on the Fairgrounds called the "Schlüter Truppe". They had two "sons", Schlüter Junior 1 and Schlüter Junior 2 who looked like Elvis, and they were boxing with guys from the audience, drunken ones most of the time and they attracted always the biggest crowds. Loved to watch the whole Show as a kid and still remember the exact place where it all took place. I am very thrilled by this EP. It's am absolute MK-like theme.

LE

Once you start to read about boxers or watch movies about boxers you realise EXACTLY why Mark is so into that. Interesting lives, drama, entertainment, broken hearts and broken bones, the physical aspect of it. Boxing has everything, and that's why it's one of the topics all writers return to.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2024, 09:09:12 PM »

Well, to me, this is literally a real bonus. I can understand that MK separated it when really all four tracks are about boxing. It's just natural. Drovers Road was called a bonus song, too, so it's nonsense to judge these songs with terms like "b-sides".

LE

It's just a term, like "B-roll" in filmmaking. No matter how good the song is, it's still intended to be an addition to something bigger. To me, the sin of bonus tracks is they are simply destined to be less prominent. Of course, Mark himself can think these songs deserve this fate, but as we all know there are some damn good B-sides.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2024, 09:18:28 PM »
Does anyone in the UK know how you order it? My nearest record shop is 25 miles away.

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2024, 09:31:30 PM »
There are different Record Store Day formats. The Boy is an "Exclusive" which means that it ONLY can be bought in record stores. Other formats are intended to be made available afterwards but with Exclusives, it's not. So no order possible. However, this is the official meaning. You can still buy many RSD editions from the last years, not only from 2023, and The Honky Tonk Demos were available from Amazon later. Just keep in mind that vinyl is booming and that RSD 2024 could be increasing in demand compared to other years.

LE

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2024, 09:35:53 PM »
There are different Record Store Day formats. The Boy is an "Exclusive" which means that it ONLY can be bought in record stores. Other formats are intended to be made available afterwards but with Exclusives, it's not. So no order possible. However, this is the official meaning. You can still buy many RSD editions from the last years, not only from 2023, and The Honky Tonk Demos were available from Amazon later. Just keep in mind that vinyl is booming and that RSD 2024 could be increasing in demand compared to other years.

LE
Thanks LE, looks like I need to order instore and pick up when released.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2024, 09:38:05 PM »
Well my record player is able to transform the vinyl tracks to digital format  ;D

LE

Are you offering yourself for these tracks and the extra tracks on the box only in vinyl?

;D
So Long

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2024, 09:40:31 PM »

LE

I believe you can’t actually order RSD releases…
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2024, 09:42:42 PM »

LE

I believe you can’t actually order RSD releases…

You can order them online from the shops that sells in Amazon or discogs, but just some days after the RSD days.

I bought the previous DS and MK rsd releases that way.
So Long

OfflineRolleyway Man

• Camerado
    • Mike’s Musical Musings
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2024, 09:43:09 PM »

LE

I don’t think that’s possible unfortunately. It would defeat the object of the event. You have to go in store and buy Record Store Day releases on the day. You have to be up at sparrow’s fart to get in the queue at your nearest record store and hope they still have the item(s) you want in stock. Inconvenient, I know. Especially when your nearest store is some distance away.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 38 queries.