Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RSD 2024 EP The Boy  (Read 51533 times)

Offlinemilicz

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: RSD 2024 EP The Boy
« Reply #465 on: April 20, 2024, 10:58:16 PM »

If you're a Dire Straits/Knopfler fan you owe it to yourself to have a turntable.
I've been a DS/MK fan for 36 years, and I have never owned a turntable.
May I remind you that DS started the CD revolution with Brothers in Arms in 1985...

Listening to songs for the first time on vinyl is an experience that satisfies my soul.

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #466 on: April 20, 2024, 11:06:44 PM »
When The Beatles released the Let It Be single in 1970 it contained a quirky little B-side that hardly anyone heard until the 1987 CD Pastmaster releases on CD. Those 17 years of not being able to hear a song I didn't know about, in a format of my choice, were the worst of my life. Even badderer, I couldn't afford a CD player until 1990 so an agonising 17 years was actually increased to 20. The Beatles are not the only ones to participate in great injustice. I never even heard Badges, Sticker & Postcards until I joined AMIT (which I believe is still not officially available digitally?).
We truly live in a golden age of knowing every setlist every night & then demanding it be changed. Knowing of every bonus b-side & being outraged that we can't hear it immediately. We even have the good fortune to know that people on AMIT with the conversion technology will help out but the undercurrent of pain & inability to be patient causes stress and whining. Are we happier?

Badges is on spotify. :)

And on ExtendedancEPlay :)

Only featured on the US vinyle edition of ExtendedancEPlay
Not on the CD Video release

That's true. I bought this EP in Chicago. I was happy like a child. :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #467 on: April 20, 2024, 11:57:12 PM »
I just can't stop listening to All Comers! It's sublime and I love the GL-vibe! Might be in my Top 10 of MK's solo songs.

Read up on articles about Ron Taylor's boxing booths in Britain. Fascinating stuff.

https://player.bfi.org.uk/free/film/watch-you-are-here-newcastle-1959-online
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 12:01:29 AM by border_reiver »
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #468 on: April 21, 2024, 12:14:59 AM »
So the opening chord in Mr Solomon's Said is a chromatic run on Bb-aug? Where's Pavel when you need him?
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #469 on: April 21, 2024, 01:11:11 AM »
When The Beatles released the Let It Be single in 1970 it contained a quirky little B-side that hardly anyone heard until the 1987 CD Pastmaster releases on CD. Those 17 years of not being able to hear a song I didn't know about, in a format of my choice, were the worst of my life. Even badderer, I couldn't afford a CD player until 1990 so an agonising 17 years was actually increased to 20. The Beatles are not the only ones to participate in great injustice. I never even heard Badges, Sticker & Postcards until I joined AMIT (which I believe is still not officially available digitally?).
We truly live in a golden age of knowing every setlist every night & then demanding it be changed. Knowing of every bonus b-side & being outraged that we can't hear it immediately. We even have the good fortune to know that people on AMIT with the conversion technology will help out but the undercurrent of pain & inability to be patient causes stress and whining. Are we happier?

Badges is on spotify. :)

And on ExtendedancEPlay :)

Only featured on the US vinyle edition of ExtendedancEPlay
Not on the CD Video release

That's true. I bought this EP in Chicago. I was happy like a child. :)

Badges features on the ExtendededanceEplay cassette version too. I had it, it was an import from canada

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #470 on: April 21, 2024, 01:14:13 AM »

you mean  Badges, Sticker & Postcards from Paraguay ?  :lol :lol :lol

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
« Reply #471 on: April 21, 2024, 09:30:25 AM »
It is on the You and Your Friend cd maxi

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #472 on: April 21, 2024, 10:36:32 AM »
Good lord, I've never stood so corrected in all my life, haha! Thanks for the update. Is someone going to tell me the b-side to Sultans, Eastbound Train, is also on spotify too?

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #473 on: April 21, 2024, 10:52:06 AM »
Good lord, I've never stood so corrected in all my life, haha! Thanks for the update. Is someone going to tell me the b-side to Sultans, Eastbound Train, is also on spotify too?

Yes it is
https://spotify.link/pN8JdI2kYIb

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
« Reply #474 on: April 21, 2024, 10:58:39 AM »
May I ask if it is possible to create an own board for "The Boy" with single threads for all four tracks?  At least to me, it it a release on its own, apart from coming from the same sessions, there is no other relation to One Deep River. 

What all these four songs have in common, they are much more "elaborated", much more composed, much more the usual MK so to say. I am sure there is much to talk about.

LE
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 11:02:06 AM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #475 on: April 21, 2024, 11:03:10 AM »
May I ask if it is possible to create an own board for "The Boy" with single threads for all four tracks?  At least to me, it it a release on its own, apart from coming from the same sessions, there is no other relation to One Deep River. 

What all these four songs have in common, they are much more "elaborated", much more composed, much more the usual MK so to say. I am sure there is much to talk about.

LE

I say just create single threads rather than a whole new board. They are all from the ODR sessions.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #476 on: April 21, 2024, 11:06:06 AM »

Yes it is
https://spotify.link/pN8JdI2kYIb

Oh and in case you are wondering Fletch, Kingdcom come and Millionaire blues are also on Spotify 😉
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #477 on: April 21, 2024, 11:14:45 AM »
Haha thanks Dutchessy & Marnix! Ok, so apart from this new EP (& the ODR bonus songs) is there anything not available on Spotify?

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #478 on: April 21, 2024, 11:17:09 AM »
Haha thanks Dutchessy & Marnix! Ok, so apart from this new EP (& the ODR bonus songs) is there anything not available on Spotify?

Honky Tonk Demos
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #479 on: April 21, 2024, 11:18:09 AM »

Honky Tonk Demos

Bloody Record Store Day strikes again!!! :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 38 queries.