Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: RSD 2024 EP The Boy  (Read 50631 times)

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Re: RSD 2024 EP The Boy
« Reply #450 on: April 20, 2024, 07:11:24 PM »
Record store day is all about supporting the small independent shops that normally get outmuscled and out priced. These guys are all about the music. RSD is a great incentive that brings people through the door of these shops and hopefully provides a much needed boost to the coffers too. That’s hardly elitism. As with most RSD “exclusives” I’m not shocked to see The Boy will be out in other formats very soon too. I hope everyone enjoys the music. What a week to be an MK Fan!

Very well said! P.S. Is a cassette player owner nowadays part of the elite?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 07:37:42 PM by Silvertown »

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #451 on: April 20, 2024, 09:01:59 PM »
Maybe interesting for German/EU Knopfler fans amongst us: https://justforkicks.de/shop/hardrock/17533/the-boy-12-rsd-20.04.2024

Don’t know the shop, but seems legit. Reasonably priced in contrast to Ebay profiteers.

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #452 on: April 20, 2024, 09:06:43 PM »
Record store day is all about supporting the small independent shops that normally get outmuscled and out priced. These guys are all about the music. RSD is a great incentive that brings people through the door of these shops and hopefully provides a much needed boost to the coffers too. That’s hardly elitism. As with most RSD “exclusives” I’m not shocked to see The Boy will be out in other formats very soon too. I hope everyone enjoys the music. What a week to be an MK Fan!

Very well said! P.S. Is a cassette player owner nowadays part of the elite?

My first listen to ODR on physical media was the cassette version! I’m a sucker for all types! Thanks to my
Gramps for giving me an old Walkman I can still play them too. He also gave me a reel to reel tape player. I wonder if we’ll get the new stuff in that format??

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #453 on: April 20, 2024, 09:47:24 PM »
Just for fun I had a look at the cost of a turntable on Amazon.fr

You can get this item rated 4.5 stars for €62.

https://www.amazon.fr/Lecteur-Haut-parleurs-int%C3%A9gr%C3%A9s-Vitesses-auxiliaire/dp/B0BWXHKS9L/ref=sr_1_4_sspa?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=K1AGBXJVIMES&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.hwcak2NltTpLztNZSX--DAVVV5U8cVwpK7J0IaRJFA_rsnBygdSIGxWmo78VthmGdN9VdEVWhf39yqB3YRmaHYiDLqOFRUGvdKBnO4iRxUxrqARL22idSUpJT0snRaadboBxl_TLmDLyAJhnmyW8uUBeRvo8Ynb9t6DropXMbfaha4oIjBP0AaelnzfqHHJNNY31VWz3kaksft8TzgmA9aV89pCOwqTcdz7dIEhZnM0uQWY8jXdA_aPa1TjbKRkRvYYDqley1xlgRXnYWvL7ZJvZmWjwVzsywRazgOGW3hU.RwQAD_1MWu1Vo0m-xjCENR5_snYtJpCShLVhbS01zCU&dib_tag=se&keywords=crosley+turntable&qid=1713632070&sprefix=crossley+turntable%2Caps%2C98&sr=8-4-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Then The Boy EP is around €25.

Hardly the preserve of “the elite”.

It’s funny how people have become so entitled that they believe they should be able to listen to whatever they want on the format of their choosing instantly.

LOL That turntable ... Plastic fantastic POS. Anyone mention environmental sustainability? Sure, you could get a decent Rega, Pro-ject or Technics turntable and decent pickup for not a whole lot of money, but it's still far more expensive than a good streamer and a good DAC (or just a good integrated amp with built-in streamer and DAC) and the sound quality is not even close.

I'm totally fine with waiting for later digital releases, especially like here where the aim is to support independent record stores, but at least give people a choice in how they want to listen to their music. I'm thinking particularly about the ODR. However, that some music is only availble if you buy a deluxe release or a box set, that's a different story. Pay more to get more.

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2024, 10:13:16 PM »
All Comers. Simply outstanding 👏

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #455 on: April 20, 2024, 10:17:31 PM »
When The Beatles released the Let It Be single in 1970 it contained a quirky little B-side that hardly anyone heard until the 1987 CD Pastmaster releases on CD. Those 17 years of not being able to hear a song I didn't know about, in a format of my choice, were the worst of my life. Even badderer, I couldn't afford a CD player until 1990 so an agonising 17 years was actually increased to 20. The Beatles are not the only ones to participate in great injustice. I never even heard Badges, Sticker & Postcards until I joined AMIT (which I believe is still not officially available digitally?).
We truly live in a golden age of knowing every setlist every night & then demanding it be changed. Knowing of every bonus b-side & being outraged that we can't hear it immediately. We even have the good fortune to know that people on AMIT with the conversion technology will help out but the undercurrent of pain & inability to be patient causes stress and whining. Are we happier?
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #456 on: April 20, 2024, 10:22:28 PM »
All Comers. Simply outstanding 👏
Indeed. Sounds like a mix between Border Reiver and One Song At a Time. t would have been a great opener for a tour...

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #457 on: April 20, 2024, 10:24:26 PM »
When The Beatles released the Let It Be single in 1970 it contained a quirky little B-side that hardly anyone heard until the 1987 CD Pastmaster releases on CD. Those 17 years of not being able to hear a song I didn't know about, in a format of my choice, were the worst of my life. Even badderer, I couldn't afford a CD player until 1990 so an agonising 17 years was actually increased to 20. The Beatles are not the only ones to participate in great injustice. I never even heard Badges, Sticker & Postcards until I joined AMIT (which I believe is still not officially available digitally?).
We truly live in a golden age of knowing every setlist every night & then demanding it be changed. Knowing of every bonus b-side & being outraged that we can't hear it immediately. We even have the good fortune to know that people on AMIT with the conversion technology will help out but the undercurrent of pain & inability to be patient causes stress and whining. Are we happier?

Badges is on spotify. :)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #458 on: April 20, 2024, 10:33:47 PM »
Badge was also released on the You and Your Friend maxi cd single

https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/1799138-Dire-Straits-You-And-Your-Friend
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinemilicz

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #459 on: April 20, 2024, 10:34:42 PM »
Slept in, forgot it was RSD.  Finally remembered when dropping off my kid at a coffee shop.  Stopped by my record store at 3pm, they had 2 copies left. Gonna give it a spin in a minute. 

If you're a Dire Straits/Knopfler fan you owe it to yourself to have a turntable.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #460 on: April 20, 2024, 10:38:14 PM »
If you're a Dire Straits/Knopfler fan you owe it to yourself to have a turntable.
I've been a DS/MK fan for 36 years, and I have never owned a turntable.
May I remind you that DS started the CD revolution with Brothers in Arms in 1985...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 10:43:16 PM by herlock »

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #461 on: April 20, 2024, 10:41:12 PM »

And on ExtendedancEPlay :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #462 on: April 20, 2024, 10:43:46 PM »
"Are we happier?

I don't know, but it's a good question.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #463 on: April 20, 2024, 10:53:26 PM »

Wow! I didn't know that EP was on Spotify now, was there any publicity when that happened? What an age to be alive!! :)
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #464 on: April 20, 2024, 10:56:45 PM »

Only featured on the US vinyle edition of ExtendedancEPlay
Not on the CD Video release
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 38 queries.