Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits star Mark Knopfler to auction Brothers In Arms guitars - BBC NEWS  (Read 61569 times)

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
He played "Learning the Game" on it, so there is a Buddy Holly relation. More important, he played Golden Heart on it during the early first years with Kitty, so maybe sentimental reasons or Kitty said to him "if that guitar goes, I will be going too."  ;D

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Imagine poor Mark having sleepless nights and a broken heart about the auction starting tomorrow.

LE

If only we could reach him through the light years of the cosmos and know what he feels... Like maybe using Twitter or something.

Being an MK fan today is like having a Time Machine that brings you 100 years back when moving images and B&W movies were a novelty.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
He played "Learning the Game" on it, so there is a Buddy Holly relation. More important, he played Golden Heart on it during the early first years with Kitty, so maybe sentimental reasons or Kitty said to him "if that guitar goes, I will be going too."  ;D

LE

Well, Kitty is one slow learner then too! Double the slow learners, double the fun.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle

LE

Affectionally called "The Kittycaster"  ;D

Of course, not to be confused with the "Hello Kitty Stratocaster"

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
Sorry for the large image. Is there no way a resizing option can be implemented in the forum software?

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Does anybody have an idea how fast the auction will go through tomorrow? Of course it depends on the starting price and how far the bidding goes. I will be on the plane without wifi acces quite soon after the start of the auction.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Sorry for the large image. Is there no way a resizing option can be implemented in the forum software?

Easy, you can just add width and height numbers in the first [img] tag and make the image as big or as small as you want. The trick is to know the original size and just scale it at equal symmetrical proportions. If one side gets smaller 2 times, the other should too.

Example:

[img width=1000 height=500]

[img width=1100 height=600]

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

Just don't upload large images haha.  ;D
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Does anybody have an idea how fast the auction will go through tomorrow? Of course it depends on the starting price and how far the bidding goes. I will be on the plane without wifi acces quite soon after the start of the auction.

I asked and they said that it is of course difficult to estimate, but they will probably do 40-60 lots in an hour.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler

I asked and they said that it is of course difficult to estimate, but they will probably do 40-60 lots in an hour.

I guess some lots will go fast like the Eko or Teisco...

I think the video of the Black Strat of Gilmour is around 1 minute and reached three millions
So Long

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer

I guess some lots will go fast like the Eko or Teisco...

I think the video of the Black Strat of Gilmour is around 1 minute and reached three millions

Yes. I only now realised that there is an option to make a pre-bidding and that makes it a lot faster.

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado

;D

I know, and I even tried to search for a smaller one, but Google only has a filter for medium and large images. But it is annoying,though, as other forums, such as The Gear Page, TDPRI, and many others have a resizing feature, plus a much more modern and user friendly interface.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

;D

I know, and I even tried to search for a smaller one, but Google only has a filter for medium and large images. But it is annoying,though, as other forums, such as The Gear Page, TDPRI, and many others have a resizing feature, plus a much more modern and user friendly interface.

Yeah, the forum is getting just as old as Mark.. I wanted to update 2 years ago but didn't get to it. Last time i did an update some things got broken and it was a helluva job to fix..
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

;D

Yeah, the forum is getting just as old as Mark.. I wanted to update 2 years ago but didn't get to it. Last time i did an update some things got broken and it was a helluva job to fix..

It's not like we're constantly exchanging images here, even MK&DS pictures thread is not that popular anyway, so a simple HTML solution is all you really need. AMIT is beautiful in its simplicity, no bells and whistles are needed.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 39 queries.