Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits star Mark Knopfler to auction Brothers In Arms guitars - BBC NEWS  (Read 61640 times)

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
19:17  :lol

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
I can't notice it :( At what point does Paul Sexton say he's listened to the new album?

At around 19.25

Thank you border reiver:)
And LE:)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Yes. He says: Wonderful record :)
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Just release it already   :(
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Just release it already   :(

AMIT exclusive preview!  ;D
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS / MK Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice S02E03
A friend of mine was there and told me MK needed help for going up with that little step to sit on the stage and talk, that physically he was way worse than in 2019 and had a lot of difficulty to just walk.

Obviously you don't see that in the video.

Oh no... :'( :-\
Love will find a Way

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
One of the Christies Instagram videos shows MK walking along viewing the exhibit and all seems normal (for a man that age).

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I had a good laugh about him imitating Chet, that Guitar Store Georgie and the teacher, he indeed likes to do that obviously. I had an even bigger laugh when he started that red Fender story once more, with every same detail that we all are able to cite in our sleep (50 quid, big stretch for him, blew the radio) I really wonder if he himself is not bored by it in the meantime. But at the beginning of the talk he was very eloquent and hard to stop. I love this clip!

LE

Of course, in this regard, MK is like Las Vegas. You can have a show there and play the same thing for decades, and the audience will be changed daily for you since it's such a travelling hub. So he can say the same stuff as repeatedly as he wants, as long as the audience is always new, which is usually the case. It's a bummer only for die-hards ;D

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
The man will turn 75 in a matter of months. Think about people you have known that age. You can’t expect him to be physically the same as he was 40, 30 or even 10 years ago.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
The man will turn 75 in a matter of months. Think about people you have known that age. You can’t expect him to be physically the same as he was 40, 30 or even 10 years ago.
Totally right, and he had a serious injury from his bike accident which probably isn’t helping him. I went to Christies today and it was the most amazing and saddest thing at the same time. You have to go if you can. I touched the MFN guitar (twice). It was like meeting royalty if you’re into that thing. I hated the MFN guitar used in the 86 Sidney concert. So I gave that a kick.

OfflineKnut

• Camerado
I know several people at 85 that are more fit and "lively" than MK was even 5-10 years ago. If you take the average 75 year old man that has no serious diagnosis (other than the typical "getting older" stuff), I find it unlikely that this person would be any less fit than MK is today. But, it's fine. Not everyone ages in the same speed, and someone has to be "below average" in this regard. I had a relative that moved like she was a typical 90 year old when she was 65, but still lived for another 20 years. Not that it was 20 happy years, but still. She hated that she couldn't do all the things she wanted to do anymore, getting tired for nothing, pains and so on. But, there is a lesson in all of this - take care of your body.

OfflineNeville Sherman

• Camerado
I too went to Christie's yesterday and quickly caught the bug, "Mixed Emotions'. Evidently MK had already been in to the exhibition in the am to have a wander so, alas I missed him by an hour - not that I would have dared to speak to him. He is God after all!  If you get the chance to go and see this wonderful exhibition then go as it really is good. Hats off to Christie's for how they have done this. Each guitar in a way has its own space and the way they are exhibited draw you in to read the back story of each guitar. The centre stage with the 'golden nuggets' is really effective and although I didn't leave my fingerprint on the VERY expensive '59, I was tempted! The signed guitar of the artists contributing to the TCT project drew a lot of interest as you would expect. Looking at them and having followed MK for over 40 years just brought up some many memories of seeing him and his colleagues live in so many places in Europe and if I felt like that, goodness knows what MK must be feeling! My only niggle - and I am nit picking here is that as stunning as the Dolby Atmos equipped music room was while I was there at least it was all Straits music coming through the speakers. Maybe I got my timing wrong but it would have been great to listen to 'Back on the Dance Floor' or 'River Towns' or 'Privateering' coming through those speakers. Like I say, I am being picky. Great day and one to remember for all sorts of reasons. I am sure the new music is going to echo if not better the music produced on these diamonds on display! Go and see!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Mark sounded good, it's good to hear he has already started buying new guitars :)
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...

By todays standard Mark is not good shape for a 75 years  person.

I did not watch the entire video yet but before reading comment the snippet I saw  already left me with a strange feeling.
I mean the way Mark is not moving on his chair got me the impression that it was staged for a disabled.
Of course I am influenced by what I already witnessed during the 2019 tour and the shock of Mark not wearing his traditionnal jean anymore (the one with a "repaired hole") but larges pants instead.
Both Eric Clapton and Keith Richards in comparaison looks better than him now.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Everyone ages differently, look on the bright side, at least he is not in as bad a way as Phil Collins is :o
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 39 queries.