Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dire Straits star Mark Knopfler to auction Brothers In Arms guitars - BBC NEWS  (Read 61681 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Looks fantastic.

So worth the money, I can tell you!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
Mine is stuck in Valencia's custom office. They are demanding me proof of what I bought and the payment.

Since Brexit, the custom office is hunger for taxes.

Yeah I have bought vinyl via eBay from the UK and I have the same problem. I will have to let it return as the options are all more expensive than the item itself.

LE
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 09:50:53 PM by Love Expresso »
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Looks fantastic.

So worth the money, I can tell you!

I can imagine. I'll have to settle for the free PDF, though :)

It's a great document, though. It has amazing photos of the guitars and when they were used, new content written by people like Rudy Pensa and John Suhr, but also a collection of excerpts from old interviews and articles.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Delivery today in Sweden. Can't wait!
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineguitarbrother

• Local Hero
I got mine yesterday (Germany). Great photos.

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer
Just a heads up for those that have ordered the brochure, my copy of the sales brochure is due to be delivered tomorrow- 4th January

My copy arrived (I live in Italy) some minutes ago!!!
how long has it been since you placed the order and the actual arrival? :thumbsup

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Somewhat incredibly, my book that was supposed to arrive in Scotland three days ago is currently sitting in customs… in Cincinnati, Ohio! Thanks DHL!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Genius ...  :smack

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Somewhat incredibly, my book that was supposed to arrive in Scotland three days ago is currently sitting in customs… in Cincinnati, Ohio! Thanks DHL!

How the f'%'& did it end up there I wonder....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Happened once to me too. Sent a package from the Middle East to Utrecht, Netherlands. Arrived in Amsterdam, then somehow went away to Skopje, North Macedonia (??) and then flown back to Amsterdam. Mindblowing

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I received a phone call from DHL with a full apology which was nice, and unusual for these types of corporations.

Offlineshortfin

• Local Hero
Just a heads up for those that have ordered the brochure, my copy of the sales brochure is due to be delivered tomorrow- 4th January

how long has it been since you placed the order and the actual arrival? :thumbsup

I ordered it on 22 November and it arrived on 4 January (in Italy). But I think ordering it now (since it is already printed) will arrive sooner, assuming the copies are not sold out!
www.direstraitsbootlegs.it
I was there: *Dire Straits: Ferrara, 6.7.1983 *Mark Knopfler: Pesaro, 7.6.2008 / Firenze, 11.11.2011 / Piazzola sul Brenta, 12.7.2013 / Milano, 28.5.2015 / Cattolica 18.07.2019 / Verona 22.07.2019

Offlinestraitsway75

• Lady writer

I ordered it on 22 November and it arrived on 4 January (in Italy). But I think ordering it now (since it is already printed) will arrive sooner, assuming the copies are not sold out! :thumbsup
Thanks  :thumbsup

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
My copy arrived today (England). I'd drooled over the .pdf but there's some serious bedtime reading in the hard copy.  ;D

I was fortunate enough to be approached by Christies to use one of my photos (p.241) and when I said they could use it for free as long as I got a photo credit, I was offered a catalogue free of charge. Very nice of them. I'm well pleased.
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
My copy arrived today (England). I'd drooled over the .pdf but there's some serious bedtime reading in the hard copy.  ;D

I was fortunate enough to be approached by Christies to use one of my photos (p.241) and when I said they could use it for free as long as I got a photo credit, I was offered a catalogue free of charge. Very nice of them. I'm well pleased.

That's very cool!

My copy also arrived today, having left Cincinnati yesterday :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 39 queries.