Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New DS Live Box Set, 3rd November 2023!  (Read 130694 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: New DS Live Box Set, 3rd November 2023!
« Reply #345 on: October 04, 2023, 10:37:59 PM »
...for me the first track will be SOS 1992  :thumbsup
For me, TOL 1992. Never a soundboard before! Although I highly suspect it will be Rotterdam 30.05.1992. I listened to the audience recording, and the TOL end solo is nowhere near as good as Dortmund 1991. Oh well...

Then it will be Setting me up from the Rainbow. I only know of one soundboard, the first DS concert ever, Leeds 1978, and it is very similar to the album version, unlike end of 1979 versions that are more energetic.

Then it will be the other new tracks from OTN. High quality mixes of SOS and TR are certainly very interesting. The other songs do little to me, and ITILYTM is already available on Blu Ray (Knebworth 1990).

The rest I will see, but I'm afraid for Alchemy. Given the length, it seems that Guy did remove Mark's speech about the Spanish city on TOL, like in the original album, but unlike the Blu Ray. This is beyong me. The speech is very nice, with very sweet music, and he could just have left it !!!

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #346 on: October 05, 2023, 12:16:29 AM »
The first one I would have listened to immediately would have been Alchemy, but given the previews of the cut on the PB etc.. I lost interest. I will definitely listen to the new tracks from On The Night first, then the live A the Rainbow. BBC and encores there is nothing new so I will give a listen on the new mastering.

On The Night
Live At The Rainbow
BBC
Encores
Alchemy (😑)

Offlineiorch82

• Local Hero
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #347 on: October 05, 2023, 11:18:42 PM »
My plan is to do a full OTN listen. It's gonna be epic. Not super interested in the other stuff TBH.

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #348 on: October 06, 2023, 01:56:00 AM »
Three more songs released (spotify) this time by Alchemy...PB,R&J,TBTP

Offlinellombitos

• Guitar George
« Reply #349 on: October 06, 2023, 07:05:37 AM »
I've just listened to the three newly uploaded Alchemy tracks. Disappointed with especially the master. Please compare Romeo & Juliet between the remixed sound by Chuck Ainlay just uploaded to Youtube and the remastered by Fletcher. For me there is no colour. Ainlay's mix and master on the alchemy is far superior. What do you think?

Offlineonceupon84

• Local Hero
« Reply #350 on: October 06, 2023, 08:15:36 AM »
NO NEW MIX ON ALCHEMY.

R&J is the same as 1984 mix.

Fucking worst transition between PB and TOL

And what about mixed "thank you very much" on R&J intro? Where came from?

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #351 on: October 06, 2023, 08:29:06 AM »
NO NEW MIX ON ALCHEMY.

R&J is the same as 1984 mix.

Fucking worst transition between PB and TOL

And what about mixed "thank you very much" on R&J intro? Where came from?

From the intro of Private investigations on the original Alchemy? Sounds to me as the same 'thank you very much'
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2023, 09:31:10 AM »
Yes, the added thank you is beyond me.
The whole point of Alchemy was to release a concert, with nothing changed or added.

I listened to the new tracks, and at least it is not worse than the original album. The mix is less powerful than 2010, yes, but the touching R&J synth intro is not half cut like on the video (my biggest regret on the blu Ray).

Listening to PB I felt the anger grow in me, thinking it could have been great to listen to the outro. Guy didn't even have the excuse of the space on vinyl. There is plenty of space left on the vinyl side (only 2 songs).. Ok let's not start again.

We don't have TOL yet but I strongly suspect, given the short length, that Mark's speech was edited out, as on the original album but unlike the blu Ray. The speech alone is worth preferring the blu Ray over the album...

What's next? I really hope they release TOL 92 before November 3rd!

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
« Reply #353 on: October 06, 2023, 09:42:49 AM »
Has anyone seen any information regarding ATMOS support in this release ?     
Since it is not mentioned its probably not the case.

Since Guy has been remixing it, then why not ATMOS also. That would make sense.

Cheers Peter

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #354 on: October 06, 2023, 10:02:26 AM »
Also at the very last seconds of Portobello you can listen to the firsts notes of the Tunnel intro so, it's linked but with the original link cut by the end and start of both songs...
So Long

OfflineBrunno Nunes

• Camerado
« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2023, 01:53:36 PM »
In fact I can't understand why this beautiful song isn't getting the treatment it always deserved, cutting the final part is absurd, someone mentioned the fact that Mark introduces a band at the end and mentions the name Mel or Alan... because of DSL... Mark announces Mel Collins in the introduction of Portobello Belle. Anyway, it's all very bizarre. :smack

It is possible to see how they tried to resolve the ending of Portobello Belle, another bizarre thing that could have been avoided. :disbelief

Twisting by the Pool is pure fun, it's a shame a song like this was left aside, at least now many will be able to see its value.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 01:57:43 PM by Brunno Nunes »
Let's go down to the waterline!

my blog : https://universodirestraits.blogspot.com

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2023, 01:57:11 PM »
In fact I can't understand why this beautiful song isn't getting the treatment it always deserved, cutting the final part is absurd, someone mentioned the fact that Mark introduces a band at the end and mentions the name Mel or Alan... because of DSL... Mark announces Mel Collins in the introduction of Portobello Belle. Anyway, it's all very bizarre. :smack

Twisting by the Pool is pure fun, it's a shame a song like this was left aside, at least now many will be able to see its value.

It is possible to see how they tried to resolve the ending of Portobello Belle, another bizarre thing that could have been avoided. :disbelief
Given the length, it seems that TOL 92 is complete, with band intros, also introducing Alan Clark... So that is not the reason.
Or maybe that he hates Tommy Mandel so much? Can't believe it. Anyway Guy could then have cut the band intros but not the jam outro, that would still have been better than this...

OfflineBrunno Nunes

• Camerado
« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2023, 02:11:03 PM »

Given the length, it seems that TOL 92 is complete, with band intros, also introducing Alan Clark... So that is not the reason.
Or maybe that he hates Tommy Mandel so much? Can't believe it. Anyway Guy could then have cut the band intros but not the jam outro, that would still have been better than this...
It's very regrettable that they have all the necessary tools to respect the historical memory of the work Alchemy and they insist on sabotaging everything, a concert that historically valued being done in basically a single night, (except the end of Solid Rock) and no overdubs, (the minimum of the minimum). It's okay that Twisting by the Pool and Portobello Belle is from the first night, 07/22/83, but what was done on PB and probably on other tracks... is pure sabotage in my opinion, in bad taste to say the least. It is a shame that there is no sensitivity to respect the work Alchemy, giving it its due historical value, this is lacking on the part of those who organized this launch, it seems like a curse, even with all the technology available, but the ill will and disregard for Alchemy is bigger than I imagined.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 02:16:49 PM by Brunno Nunes »
Let's go down to the waterline!

my blog : https://universodirestraits.blogspot.com

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2023, 02:38:46 PM »
someone mentioned the fact that Mark introduces a band at the end and mentions the name Mel or Alan... because of DSL... Mark announces Mel Collins in the introduction of Portobello Belle. Anyway, it's all very bizarre. :smack

I heard it was cut because Mel got vaccinated.

Seriously, repeating these crazy conspiracy theories doesn't help anyone. I'm sure Mel will still be mentioned at the end of Two Young Lovers, as has always been the case.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2023, 02:39:55 PM »

It's very regrettable that they have all the necessary tools to respect the historical memory of the work Alchemy and they insist on sabotaging everything, a concert that historically valued being done in basically a single night, (except the end of Solid Rock) and no overdubs, (the minimum of the minimum). It's okay that Twisting by the Pool and Portobello Belle is from the first night, 07/22/83, but what was done on PB and probably on other tracks... is pure sabotage in my opinion, in bad taste to say the least. It is a shame that there is no sensitivity to respect the work Alchemy, giving it its due historical value, this is lacking on the part of those who organized this launch, it seems like a curse, even with all the technology available, but the ill will and disregard for Alchemy is bigger than I imagined.
+1000

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 39 queries.