Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New DS Live Box Set, 3rd November 2023!  (Read 130790 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: New DS Live Box Set, 3rd November 2023!
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2023, 10:16:32 PM »
The version published of SOS from new Rainbow '79 is the same audio than Arena '80.
Check 3'10" on Blu-Ray version and 5'52" on new 21th December version.

Additionally, If PB is from 22 July, and maybe the rest of extras from Alchemy, they don't glue with old mix from 1983. They can glue with stereo 2010 mix from Blu-Ray. So, maybe there is a new alchemy live integrally from 22 July? Guy Fletcher omitted it intentionality? Remember that he said that only new unreleased material is remixed, the rest is remastered, check the difference.

So they edited the extras from the 22nd with the current tracks from the 23rd...

We don't know yet, it is a possibility, or maybe a new Alchemy full from 22th.

No, Guy says the previous record has been just remastered and the new addition remixed.

So Long

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2023, 10:16:50 PM »
Everybody misses something from the BIA tour, but nobody seems to miss something from the OL tour...
Yet, epic versions of Lions, News, WDYTYRG, Angel of Mercy, the first version of TR, Skateway... would be awesome to have in great quality!

Yeah, one of the Wiesbaden shows would be awesome
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2023, 10:18:08 PM »
Everybody misses something from the BIA tour, but nobody seems to miss something from the OL tour...
Yet, epic versions of Lions, News, WDYTYRG, Angel of Mercy, the first version of TR, Skateway... would be awesome to have in great quality!

Yeah

My favourite DS tour.
So Long

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2023, 10:30:16 PM »
Oh yes! We heard echoes of Private Investigations in the News.
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2023, 12:11:06 AM »
It is just strange to put out a full boxset of live recordings of almost evey DS tour and leave the biggest tour with the best selling album out.   :think

Because this is a "live records" box similar to the previous "studio records" boxes.

But with an extra like the Rainbow 79 and extra stuff in the other records.

They could had put as an extra one from the BIA tour but, I prefer the Rainbow 79!

they could have put both !  ;D
My point! Why leave 85/86 out???
Perhaps MK or JI will give an interview when the album is out or do you think they will pas on let's say any promo stuff around the first new DS album in years??

Couple of possible reasons

1/ all the stuff on the new boxset is taken from sources in the direct control of the label, no additional licensing and hence cost required.  Most of the BIA soundboard recordings rest in the hands of other commercial entities be that Channel 4 for Wembley or Westwood 1 Radio network in the States. 

2/ That the BIA 40th anniversary is only a couple of years away and they are planning something as part of that.

I hope for the latter. But am much more than happy with what we are going to get.  Plenty of easily accessible high quality vinyl boots for BIA tour with top sound in the interim.  I'm thankful

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2023, 12:22:20 AM »
Actually the track I am more eager to listen to is TOL from 92 - first ever soundboard!

I know many people here think that TOL was better in 85, with a full intro and shecter guitar...

But I can't help loving these OES tour versions of TOL. The pensa sound is soooo romantic, many people say it is the wrong guitar for the song, but I just love it. Munich 91 is my ultimate favourite, I hope we'll get a very good one...

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2023, 12:39:06 AM »
Actually the track I am more eager to listen to is TOL from 92 - first ever soundboard!

I know many people here think that TOL was better in 85, with a full intro and shecter guitar...

But I can't help loving these OES tour versions of TOL. The pensa sound is soooo romantic, many people say it is the wrong guitar for the song, but I just love it. Munich 91 is my ultimate favourite, I hope we'll get a very good one...

Fully agree

OfflineBrunno Nunes

• Camerado
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2023, 02:42:43 AM »

Personally, I can feel great pleasure in appreciating all aspects of TOL, whenever this song is played it is an event, each one has its own particular beauty. The OES versions have a very nostalgic atmosphere, what the BIA tour versions give me are other sensations and this is the case with each version on home tour, my favorites are the 1982 ones, the beginning of the LOG tour has an energy that takes me far away, difficult to explain in words.

I'm very curious to hear the other songs that didn't make it onto OTN in 1993, especially When It Comes to You, which live in 1992 is another dimension, a charm that only Dire Straits is capable of.
Let's go down to the waterline!

my blog : https://universodirestraits.blogspot.com

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2023, 10:26:23 AM »
Hi everybody,

I did not remember Mark performing drunk at the Rainbow concert.
Well interesting info. Where does it comes from?

This live boxed is so promising that, apart for PONO, I don't care much about what is missing.
This is a real surprise, the kind of thing you are hoping for but do not really believe it will happen.

And now I hope and believe there will more live things out to come.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2023, 11:24:52 AM »
You do not have to hope. Guy already said more is in the pipeline  ...

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2023, 01:57:42 PM »

+1000  :thumbsup

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2023, 02:25:45 PM »
Hi everybody,

I did not remember Mark performing drunk at the Rainbow concert.
Well interesting info. Where does it comes from?

This live boxed is so promising that, apart for PONO, I don't care much about what is missing.
This is a real surprise, the kind of thing you are hoping for but do not really believe it will happen.

And now I hope and believe there will more live things out to come.
Comes from my (drunk) mind 🤣
I have no evidence whatsoever, but watching the BBC documentary I really had the impression that Mark had been drinking too much... Very joyful, playful, fast...

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2023, 06:05:56 PM »
GF:

Portobello Belle and Twisting By The Pool were from 22nd July 1983. Industrial Disease was from the 23rd. I’m not convinced all of Alchemy was from the 23rd.

I don't know if we will ever know the correct dates for aLCHEMY. Except Solid Rock July 23rd and now Guy is not sure about the date. I know that I know nothing  :think
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 06:10:25 PM by Robson »
Clear as the day

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2023, 06:53:13 PM »
GF:

Portobello Belle and Twisting By The Pool were from 22nd July 1983. Industrial Disease was from the 23rd. I’m not convinced all of Alchemy was from the 23rd.

I don't know if we will ever know the correct dates for aLCHEMY. Except Solid Rock July 23rd and now Guy is not sure about the date. I know that I know nothing  :think

Alchemy is from the 23rd night, we have the audience recording and match the Alchemy record except for the last seconds of Solid rock.
So Long

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2023, 07:12:11 PM »
GF:

Alchemy is from the 23rd night, we have the audience recording and match the Alchemy record except for the last seconds of Solid rock.

Exactly! Why Guy Fletcher sows uncertainty ::)
Clear as the day

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 39 queries.