Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: New DS Live Box Set, 3rd November 2023!  (Read 130794 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Re: New DS Live Box Set, 3rd November 2023!
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2023, 02:29:52 PM »
I thought the original one from 88 was the 20 june Paris version. And the MFN 2022 release had the PB 22 july version? But that is also wrong then?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2023, 02:42:50 PM »
I wonder if this new boxset was an idea of MK and JI or the record compagny? And does MK really work on this or does he give Guy a sort of cart blanche??

Onlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2023, 03:05:10 PM »
I wonder if this new boxset was an idea of MK and JI or the record compagny? And does MK really work on this or does he give Guy a sort of cart blanche??
Mark probably doesn't give a hoot about this. He probably said "yeah, go ahead" and that's it

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2023, 03:10:35 PM »
Mark probably doesn't give a hoot about this. He probably said "yeah, go ahead" and that's it

Probably uncannily close to the truth  :)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2023, 03:12:07 PM »
I'm not sure about 22nd. The guy who asked the question assumed that the one on the MFN compilation was July 22nd. But we know in fact that this is neither 21st nor 22nd, but a date in June (as stated in the copyright), most likely Paris. Seems to be some confusion here, maybe with Guy as well!

Also, didn't Guy once said that they recorded all shows from the BIA tour? Strange then that none is included!!

I asked the question ;), as far as I know, in the 1988 MFN collection the version of Portobello Belle is the Paris version, the 2022 remasterd version and the 22 July 1983 version of Alchemy, therefore the extended version of the box and this last one , as confirmed by Guy.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2023, 03:28:55 PM »
I'm not sure about 22nd. The guy who asked the question assumed that the one on the MFN compilation was July 22nd. But we know in fact that this is neither 21st nor 22nd, but a date in June (as stated in the copyright), most likely Paris. Seems to be some confusion here, maybe with Guy as well!

Also, didn't Guy once said that they recorded all shows from the BIA tour? Strange then that none is included!!

I asked the question ;), as far as I know, in the 1988 MFN collection the version of Portobello Belle is the Paris version, the 2022 remasterd version and the 22 July 1983 version of Alchemy, therefore the extended version of the box and this last one , as confirmed by Guy.
OK, sorry! :)

Offlinejf9081

• Camerado
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2023, 03:32:09 PM »

OK, sorry! :)

:D ;)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2023, 03:34:05 PM »

it could mean that other songs (industrial disease and Twisting by the pool) could be from the 22 as well...

but in this case, Alchemy would lack its "live from one night only" lengendary status then (we all know that the orginal Alchemy is entirely from the 23, except the final break in Solid rock)

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2023, 03:36:41 PM »

No that is an illusion.
He cares immensely about his legacy.
The last album was all about looking back as was John's.
Add in covid,the seemingly weekly death of his peers,the end of touring and his inability to do some of the things he excelled at means he is sure to wistfully reminisce on a more frequent basis.
 The DS bandwagon has slowly been cranking things up and if the live set is a success will surely only lead to many more things.
The DS catalogue is his biggest earner now so why would he not allow it to be milked?
It's great news for us fans.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2023, 03:44:41 PM »

I reckon they’re planning a box set in 2025 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of BIA. Hence the bands biggest moment not included in this one.

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS / MK Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice S02E03
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2023, 03:50:35 PM »

I reckon they’re planning a box set in 2025 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of BIA. Hence the bands biggest moment not included in this one.

Exactly my thoughts just a few moments ago.
They wait for 2025. 40 Years of BIA with maybe a new remaster and a Blu-ray of Wembley plus some Live Concerts
Love will find a Way

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2023, 04:26:07 PM »
ha just got the email.Though yea looks cheap on the main site until you get hit with shipping and handling another £20 .Will stick with amazon or just download it -Legally of course.

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2023, 04:29:37 PM »
If you read Guy’s forum he writes there is more in the pipeline. So maybe there are more recordings coming hopefully

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2023, 04:42:26 PM »
If you read Guy’s forum he writes there is more in the pipeline. So maybe there are more recordings coming hopefully
What about a live cd from the BIA tour. When they were the biggest band in the world??

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2023, 04:52:57 PM »
The official email says they will be releasing Live Videos on youtube on the run up to November.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 39 queries.