Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Wembley 85 official release on DS YouTube channel  (Read 12599 times)

Offlinemjco

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: Wembley 85 official release on DS YouTube channel
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2024, 01:18:16 AM »
I've extended the stereo image of expresso love by using a simple L+R L-R, increase L-R gain and do the opposite method and it doesn't really look a full mono signal. Nevertheless, it doesn't look a wide stereo like the FM broadcast.
Attached mp3 sample. You can compare to and you will see it's not mono.

According to wiki the first NICAM broadcast was The Proms in July 1986:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NICAM

Entirely possible the show was made in stereo for futureproofing but unlikely it was broadcast in stereo IMO.

Broadcasted in mono or stereo?

According to the video credits they used the Rolling stones mobile so I guess they have the sound in good stereo

The concert was a multitrack record by Rolling Stones mobile (same as Alchemy). Then different mixes were designed for different uses. They can made a stereo mix for FM stations, and a mono mix for TV broadcast (or an alternative stereo mix for TV broadcast).

The question is about that this official YouTube release is true mono or very discrete stereo mix. FM stereo mixes are very wide.

Maybe the multitracks are still alive today, those are the key to make a new stereo, 5.1 or ATMOS mix. And the original video tapes (not this digitalized TV broadcast). An example is "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" by Pink Floyd. They used all the original material to make a new video restoration and re-edition and audio remix. We can hope for a Wembley '85 BD in Full HD or 4K if this material is available.

Offlineonceupon84

• Local Hero
Re: Wembley 85 official release on DS YouTube channel
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2024, 07:46:27 AM »
Is it really mono?? I hope it is only for the preview then... They have it in stereo, it was broadcasted in FM! Well not for TOL and SR unfortunately...

Today I have some dudes about If the audio is Stereo or Mono... If you check 0:08 on preview video, you can appreciate (with headphones) the drums starting at left channel and finishing the drum fill on right channel.

Nobody can check this? maybe it is a very discrete stereo mix for TV broadcast? FM radio source is different stereo mix.

Thanks for the mp3 sample. I talked about this at the start of this tread.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 38 queries.