Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 1  (Read 16950 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Mark Knopfler Solo Studio album elimination poll - Round 1
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2021, 01:48:51 PM »
May as well just have the first two albums in this poll because that's what we'll be left with.  Much more difficult choice from almost any of the others tbh.

I'm not so sure either of the first two albums will be the outright winner to be honest. Certainly not in my top two.... ;)

Not in mine either.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2021, 02:02:10 PM »
I had to choose between KTGC and Tracker

Basil saved Tracker.
I voted for Kill that does contain Madame Geneva but remains the album I listened to the least which is a good reason.

Probably Sailing will be the last for me

Why not create à poll where we would just classify the albums from favourite to least-liked all at once and the result would be a top 9.

Mine would be:
-Sailing  -(too many good songs to mention)
-Privateering (granted it's a bit long but Yon Two Crows, but Kingdom, but Dream and most of the second disc) And the best cover IMHO
-Down (I only skip trapper man and slow learner)
-Shangri-la (This one grew on me, there again apart from All that matter which I find too mellow all the songs are good and I mean very good, but the album has a too strong identity, it lacks some diversity)
-Golden -(The first one and my first MK concert so this one has sentimental values plus Je suis Désolé which is maybe my favourite MK track)
-Get Lucky (some weak songs for me but also some really great and it's the album that came out when I had to move to Paris)
-Ragpicker (I wish I could put it higher up the list because it contains some really great songs but I have a feeling Hillfamer could have been much longer and other songs should have been given stage play Rackpicker/ Northumberland/ A place/ Devil Baby
-Tracker (Basil and the feeling I had when I first heard the first minute of Laugh are the reason I still listen to that album)
-Kill (I haven't listened to it as an album for a few years now)

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2021, 03:42:38 PM »
I had to choose between KTGC and Tracker

Basil saved Tracker.
I voted for Kill that does contain Madame Geneva but remains the album I listened to the least which is a good reason.

Depends on each and everyone's taste but I think that KTGC contains a lot of great songs : In the sky, We can get wild, Heart full of holes, Madame Geneva's or Punish the monkey, which has a great theme that reminds me of Boom, like that.

And not to mention True love will never fade. I know there's not much love for this song on this forum but the 2008 live version was really touching.

And I've always thought the We can get wild would have been a great opener live but it will not happen so it's something that will only exist in my dreamworld.

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2021, 03:49:30 PM »
I was wondering, is there any chance that someone may edit the poll to include All the roadrunning? It's a duet album but I consider it being a MK album -- and a great album, no ?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »
I was wondering, is there any chance that someone may edit the poll to include All the roadrunning? It's a duet album but I consider it being a MK album -- and a great album, no ?

I would agree but too late now!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »

I would agree but too late now!

Done!!! ;)
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2021, 10:04:38 PM »
Well done, thanks !

Er, someone to help KTGC right now?  ;D

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2021, 08:16:54 AM »
Wouldn't it be better to put All the Roadrunning in another poll with Neck and Neck and Missing...Presumed Having a Good Time? as a Best Collaboration album poll.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2021, 08:21:47 AM »
Wouldn't it be better to put All the Roadrunning in another poll with Neck and Neck and Missing...Presumed Having a Good Time? as a Best Collaboration album poll.

Funnily enough I'm in agreement, if we include ATR we have to include Neck and Neck too....
So, it's just the PURE MK Solo albums for now...

Perhaps we could include ATR, N&N and 'Missing.....presumed having a good time' in a soundtrack/Collaboration poll...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:06:44 AM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

hunter

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2021, 09:19:42 AM »
Maybe we could do a song poll for each solo album? If each solo album had to fit on one LP, there'd be space only for 9 or 10 songs. Which songs would you omit?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2021, 09:23:14 AM »
Maybe we could do a song poll for each solo album? If each solo album had to fit on one LP, there'd be space only for 9 or 10 songs. Which songs would you omit?

Or for example we could run a poll in the future with one album per week and you select up to 5 favourite tracks? Thus defining the least favourite ones...😀

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2021, 10:06:38 AM »

Or for example we could run a poll in the future with one album per week and you select up to 5 favourite tracks? Thus defining the least favourite ones...😀

I once made a compilation of all MK records, choosing two songs per record, one bonus track per record, and from the three film scores that have songs sung by MK, choosing one.

Maybe we can do something like this, choose three songs per record, one being one of the bonus tracks, and from the film scores, choosing also one.

The one I chose from film scores was "Metroland", and between the bonus tracks I chose, I remember My claim to fame, Let's see you, Early bird and River of grog betwen others. I don'thave that compilation anymore as I had it on a cd exclusively for my car, and it stopped working.
So Long

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2021, 10:08:26 AM »

I once made a compilation of all MK records, choosing two songs per record, one bonus track per record, and from the three film scores that have songs sung by MK, choosing one.

Maybe we can do something like this, choose three songs per record, one being one of the bonus tracks, and from the film scores, choosing also one.

The one I chose from film scores was "Metroland", and between the bonus tracks I chose, I remember My claim to fame, Let's see you, Early bird and River of grog betwen others. I don'thave that compilation anymore as I had it on a cd exclusively for my car, and it stopped working.

Sounds good to me....

hunter

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2021, 11:15:54 AM »
Many options for sure. Personally, I most interested in "optimizing" each album in terms of quality/favorites AND time. I'm still of the opinion that 45 to 50 minutes is the ideal running length of an album, especially for focused listening in one sitting.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2021, 11:32:42 AM »
Many options for sure. Personally, I most interested in "optimizing" each album in terms of quality/favorites AND time. I'm still of the opinion that 45 to 50 minutes is the ideal running length of an album, especially for focused listening in one sitting.

So that will leave one song per record probably, maybe two for Privateering as it is double.
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 43 queries.