Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on MK & his band touring in the future ? (is it the end)  (Read 20671 times)

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
I think the band he had for the radio 2 interview when he played the boxer was a pretty good size. Robbie Mc on rhythm, DC on drums, Guy on keys. Chuck in a bass player and it would be a good little band. Having said all that, I would miss the folkies.

I would love this. You could add John for a bit of mandoline and flute.

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
I’m not necessarily saying Richard should be replaced with Robbie but it was just the size of the band that was cool. Not just Mark and Guy but not the full works either.

I love Robbie. I thought he was such a nice guy when I met him at the Blues Club gigs and, a bit like Ianto, you do spot him on lots of YouTube clips and even on telly from time to time.
Richard might be more versatile than Robbie but it’s not like Robbie is just a guitar player. He played 5-string banjo on a couple of Tom Jones songs when he toured with him and there’s a clip of him on YouTube knocking out a mandolin solo on Midnight Special when playing with Paul McCartney. I wonder if Mark had him on board from ‘96, whether it would have affected his writing.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Robbie is very good with all kind of dobros.
So Long

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado

Terrific slide player as well.

hunter

It's kind of like watching Federer play tennis these days.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

Terrific slide player as well.

He is indeed!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
With Mark's playing issues being arguably medically related, have a look at what David Crosby has said about loosing his ability to play guitar, Mark might be experiencing similar issues:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/david-crosby-guitar
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
I always wondered why TR was out of the setlist after 10 concerts on the last tour.
Perhaps he is not able to play certain parts anymore. I doubt if he can stil manage to play sultans for example.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
I didn't mind losing TR. I'd rather have 2 or 3 shorter songs.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I thought I would really miss TR if it wasn't played, but, actually, in the end it didn't matter at all and I enjoyed the concerts I attended on the last tour very much.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:27:11 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMagicElliott

• Camerado
I wonder also if it’s why there was only one accoustic song in the set last tour. MK always said it’s much harder but more important to practise your chops on acoustic.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I thought I would really miss TR if it wasn't played, but, actually, in the end it didn't matter at all and I enjoyed the concerts I attended on the last tour very much.

I'm with you although it was lovely to hear TR at the beginning of the tour and I will always treasure the recordings but I think you can tell with listeneing to the versions that he was done with playing this majestic of tracks......

It's actually very sad to think we may never hear him play this and many of our favourites again 'Live' but then again we all have happy memories of seeing 'the master' Live and I like many will treasure those times just as much as I treasure having met a lot of you on here at various concerts and wholly echo what Dusty has said previously with regards a meet up of sorts..... :'( :'(

About time plans were put in place for an AMIT convention/meetup?? :wave

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
With Mark's playing issues being arguably medically related, have a look at what David Crosby has said about loosing his ability to play guitar, Mark might be experiencing similar issues:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/david-crosby-guitar

Interesting....... :think

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
I always witnessed Mark wearings jeans when performing on stage but in  2019 he had switched to larger coton pants.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Love Expresso

I always witnessed Mark wearings jeans when performing on stage but in  2019 he had switched to larger coton pants.

How does that relate to the topic? Sorry just asking

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 43 queries.