Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Early Bird?  (Read 100388 times)

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Re: Early Bird?
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
So I begin to wonder if the TK version is the only available lossless version of the song? Isn't Itunes restricted to mp3 or another 'lossy' apple format?
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineisina

• Guitar George
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
Hi friends, I read almost any post on this thread and I'm glad to read that a lof of fans are a little pi***d off with the whole tracks release thing.
I have a pc, a Creative mp3 player and I have no intention to kill my pc installing iTunes just to buy a lossy version of an album that I already have on a lovely CD just to heara bonus track on a lossy format too.
And my thoughts go to all those who bought the Deluxe edition which costs A LOT (I didn't buy it) and now they're missing songs anyway.
Marketing people have only money in their minds, but they must start thinking that people nowadays haveto go to work, pay the rent and eat before giving away "money for nothing".
I'll live anyway without listening Earlly bird...
I'd really love to go back to the old days when you had cd or cassette and that's all.
Now we have a bunch of things that we pay for and less quality.

Oh, of course this is my thought and it's about ALL modern music biz, not just to MK releases.
Sick and tired of being sick and tired.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
It
So Long

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2009, 02:13:49 PM »
i love it.
wonder who the "reliable source" was
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »
I love it too.  It's a really catchy song.    :D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Rollergirl

« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2009, 02:54:42 PM »
PS I've only listened to it twice, and Dusty Jr had the TV on so I couldn't hear it that well, but is it about Simon Cowell?

Jerry Springer, Simon Cowell, who's next, Oprah?  ;D

That guy watches too much crappy TV if you ask me... ;D

Offlineniiiice1

• Guitar George
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2009, 05:31:56 PM »
hmph I  got the Uk cd/dvd edition and only now i find out about a new track? that's a shocker...

Offlinelocalhero1986

• Lady writer
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
I have early bird as well. Somewhere I found the lossless audio file but I can't remember where it was. ::) ;) As I hate flac files, they're pretty useless (especially the crappy bootlegs which are offered as flac, why?), I converted it into a nice Mp3. It is a nice song and I completely understand people download it the illegal way (if iTunes is the only possibility).

Offlineemilianomk

• Camerado
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2009, 06:21:55 PM »
I am the only one that didnt have it? come on guys some one can send me a p.m... I live in argentina, I doubt the cd is realesed here and early bird isnt able in a online shop, mark wont come here to play , I didnt know anyone here that likes mark knopfler so I havent any person to give the link, its only for me

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2009, 09:10:41 PM »
I haven't heard either Early Bird or the rest of the album, but all this stuff about songs not fitting on albums is mostly bull#%#&% I think. For the most part, it has simply meant leaving up tempo songs, such as Pyroman and Summer of Love, out of Mark's solo albums, though the albums would only have benefitted from their being on the records. Some examples are simply incomprehensible, like Small Potatoes, a song that would have fitted perfectly on RPD and had given it some extra, though laid back, attack. While there are merits in an album like RPD, with its particular sound, albums like SL and KTGC suffer heavily from their slow tempo.

GH is perhaps a collection of songs rather than an album, which some people have a problem with, but I rather have the drawback of being forced to leave out certain tunes that I don't appreciate when listening to albums than to have all this great material floating around in No Man's Land.

The Long Highway, Camerado, Gravy Train... The list goes on. Good music is good music. Push the album length above 60 minutes, man!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
I disagree. I think a good album has to have a good "feel".

If it was just about having the best songs, then all the best albums would be greatest hits, wouldn't they? But they're not. A good album is so much more than the some of its parts. That's why the greatest albums, whether it's Dark Side of the Moon, Sgt Pepper's or Making Movies, all flow together and work well.

Much more satisfying to listen to a great album than a collection of great songs IMO.

GH works as an album I feel. STP is a better collection of songs than GH, but the songs are too diverse to work as an album.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineMossguitar

• Lady writer
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2009, 09:54:30 PM »
Yes, I agree with you, Dusty.

Offlineustas

• Lady writer
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »
hmph I  got the Uk cd/dvd edition and only now i find out about a new track? that's a shocker...

New TRACKS http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=790.0

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »
Hm, I love GL for the feel. At first sight, certain songs doesn't seem to fit in. But as someone said earlier, they serve as a counterpart to the very sad songs. I tend to agree wholeheartedly.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineTally

• Camerado
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2009, 10:49:52 PM »
I would say that RPD is the Knopfler album with the strongest 'feel', from the beginning to the end. But it would be even better with Small Potatoes. Summer of Love is also a tune that would have fitted lyrically and soundwise on the album from which it was left out.

Not so sure about Making Movies... Les Boys?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 41 queries.