Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #57 DTRW TOUR - July 22 2019 - Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy  (Read 35232 times)

Offlinejeffreyvr

• Local Hero
Re: #57 DTRW TOUR - July 22 2019 - Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 12:38:35 AM »
Enjoyed tonights show a lot, great sound and location. R&J was great with how the audience reacted. I hope it wasn’t his last European show.
Hey, don't forget your hat.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2019, 01:13:12 AM »
Same setlist as two Roman nights.  Wonderful show, Band and audience quite enjoyed it. Microphone staff joined the band dancing during Postcards solo on stage. Very powerful SAN solo.  Guitar out of tune during OES and a guitar change after the first verse.  MK thanked the crew.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:44:21 AM by allen »
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

hunter

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2019, 02:00:44 AM »
Guitar out of tune during OES and a guitar change after the first verse.

Wonder what that's all about. It's happened on several occasions this tour.

OfflineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2019, 05:51:53 AM »
What did he say about retiring? Anything new in his last speeches?

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2019, 08:34:59 AM »
Nothing new, just something like “maybe I should retire, but you know I just love this.  What should I do?”.  He hitchhiked to Greece with his girlfriend, then did a lot of up and down England when he was in high school.  Then did a lot of other things, slept on floors of other people, trying to do something but it didn’t work.  Then in a really shit band in the Southest coast of England and wanna hitchhike on Christmas Day, etc.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2019, 09:02:26 AM »
Concert was amazing last night, Coming all the way from Australia with my wife on our honeymoon it was amazing to pop in to Verona and catch most likely my last MK concert, I still can’t believe I managed to get front row! The band seemed to be having a great time which is great to see,

Setlist was great I think it really covered so much of his huge catalogue,, I think one of the highlights for me (there were many!) was matchstick man, I wasn’t expecting the Irish instruments and really liked that addition, I’ve been avoiding listening to clips online so was a nice surprise,

Out of tune guitar was on YLT, they brought another les Paul out  so quickly! very impressive really

I’ve seen MK a few times and was also so happy to hear GH! I’m sure a lot of regulars are probably a bit sick of it as a closer but I’ve never seen it, so I was over the moon!

Overall I loved every second! What a show.

hunter

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2019, 09:02:51 AM »
Nothing new, just something like “maybe I should retire, but you know I just love this.  What should I do?”.  He hitchhiked to Greece with his girlfriend, then did a lot of up and down England when he was in high school.  Then did a lot of other things, slept on floors of other people, trying to do something but it didn’t work.  Then in a really shit band in the Southest coast of England and wanna hitchhike on Christmas Day, etc.

The tale gets longer and more detailed for each show. By the end of the tour, the show will be down to a long speech and three songs ha-ha!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2019, 09:34:57 AM »
It was an emotional night. I couldn't help thinking "thanks Master for all these years" while he was waving goodbye after going home, with tears coming to my eyes...

It was such a big big pleasure to met Superval and his lovely husband. I had failed to met her in other concerts and that was the main mission of the night for me. She is so lovely that I can't wait to meet her and his also lovely husband again in the future when MK does his future one off concerts, lol.

Another must of the night was meet Allen. Such a lovely guy. I know him from years and years from various forums and it's great to meet people you had chatted so many times, specially if they come from so long.

Also a funny moment when Allen introduced me Pensa ghost. He got me by the neck like he was killing me, lol. We did argued quite a lot all these years but in the end, we are fans and it was just a nice joke, or at least that's what I want to believe, lol. I introduced him and Allen to Val as well.

So great to see again all friends like Tunnel85, Ingrid and also meet Joko, who was introduced me by Superval.

The concert itself was nothing different from what I've seen before except from one of the crew boys dancing with the Macs on stage during Paraguay and another from the crew hitting Ianto's cymbals at the start of Speedway. MK was laughing with that moments.

I can't take out of me that feeling that it was the last time I see him live because nothing is certain yet. I hope that when the tour is over and he rest at home he would consider touring again on a lower scale or at least some one offs at the Rah...

People. It's been such a terrific travel. Thank to all of you for the moments shared, in person and here. It's been fun even in the moaning moments, lol.

See you down the road, wherever!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »
Yes,  I saw that  pic of you, allen and Pensa Ghost on fb and wondered how you both survived it.  ;D

LE

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2019, 10:55:58 AM »
Yes,  I saw that  pic of you, allen and Pensa Ghost on fb and wondered how you both survived it.  ;D

LE

I was between them just in case, haha haha.   Both nice guys really!!!

Love Expresso

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »
And a lot of very nice pics you did take. Obviously you enjoyed your time very much!

LE

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2019, 11:09:08 AM »
And a lot of very nice pics you did take. Obviously you enjoyed your time very much!

LE

I enjoyed every second of those last three concerts.  His music really means so much to me.  I’m still feeling grateful for people who helped me to get good seats and also for myself that I made this trip.  After the show, you could see people in bars were almost all knopflet fans.  I met about ten in my hotel bar, and we introduced each other.   Nice to meet a couple from Hamburg who came here to celebrate 50th anniversary of their marriage by going to their mutual favorite musician Knopfler’s concert.   And great to meet a British fan called John who was a fan since 1978 by first hearing the debut record playing.  He even saw the band playing several times in England in 1978.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 11:11:31 AM by allen »

OfflineNicoMK

• Camerado
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2019, 11:27:35 AM »
Very nice to read all those great reviews. We can safely say that everyone who went to see the show really had a great time (including me).

Also, nice to see people from all around the globe meeting each other and enjoying their time. This is why Mark's music is made for, after all.

I think that we all hope that it happens again soon, one way or the other.

Safe return home Allen!

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2019, 11:43:20 AM »

Safe return home Allen!

Merci, Nico.  Will tour Milan, some cities in Belgium and Holland first.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2019, 11:48:44 AM »
Some wonderful posts there.  Glad you all had a nice time.  Wish I was there.  Nice that Jbaent met Mr & Mrs Superval at long last and Mr Pensa!  All part of the AMIT family.  Feeling a bit emotional myself reading all this because it takes me back to my shows and goodbyes.  We'll have family get togethers though, shows or no shows.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 47 queries.