Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Technical problem with mk.com online store  (Read 12358 times)

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
Technical problem with mk.com online store
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:04:30 AM »
Hi folks,

after the 'stunt' at mk.com re the teaser songs of GL, here is their next glitch:
Today I've received an email from the mk.com online store where I've purchased RAH pre-sale tickets in June. I've bought tickets via my German account and was charged in EURO. Now, they admit a(nother) technical problem:

"Unfortunately, we had a technical problem with our store's currency exchange during a few minutes of the presale which affected your order.  If you had a look at the receipt we sent after your purchase, you may have noticed that you were charged 50.00 EUR per ticket, rather than the correct ticket price of
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:22:15 PM by marky49 »

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: Technical problem with mk.com online store
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »
I think the MK-store/website needs to replace some people. Trying to get people who think, do their job proper and do what they are hired for  ;D Maybe one of us could apply for it  ;)

Ooooooooh Martina, now I owe you another 8 euro's x 2 :P

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:17 AM »
I think the MK-store/website needs to replace some people. Trying to get people who think, do their job proper and do what they are hired for  ;D Maybe one of us could apply for it  ;)

Ooooooooh Martina, now I owe you another 8 euro's x 2 :P
Actually, only 8 Euro. The first night (May 30) was charged correctly.
But mk.com did another mistake in their email now, they missed to ask for the difference on my last night (June 4) which was also only charged 50 Euro. I wonder when they will discover that? One mistake after the next...but are they allowed to do so?

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:32:33 AM »
Hmm, good question. And I don't know the answer.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineWaterline Man

• Lady writer
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »
They're not having a good time in mk.com at the moment are they - thats a few to many cock-ups in the past month ::)
The GL leak has probably cost MK a few quid because there will be a minority who wont buy the cd after downloading it for free & this ticket mess could have cost him a lot of dosh if it went undetected.
Martina,will you be charged again for another credit card transaction if they go back looking for their extra
If it aint broke dont fix it!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:00:01 PM »
They're not having a good time in mk.com at the moment are they - thats a few to many cock-ups in the past month ::)
The GL leak has probably cost MK a few quid because there will be a minority who wont buy the cd after downloading it for free & this ticket mess could have cost him a lot of dosh if it went undetected.
Martina,will you be charged again for another credit card transaction if they go back looking for their extra
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »
Remember that laws vary from country to country but I would say generally if it's their fault then you shouldn't have to pay.

I recently got a coffee machine for my birthday and the company delivered the wrong model.  We phoned them to inform them of the mistake and were told to keep the machine we got if we wanted which was over
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Rollergirl

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
I think if it's their mistake, by law they cannot ask you to pay, but then on the other hand, they're only human and I hate it when of of my customers tries to "punish" us for a mistake. (they do that is some countries, jump at every opportunity to pay less, I don't think it's very honest)

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 02:42:40 PM »

Offlinejoko

• Camerado
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 04:03:02 PM »
Hi Martina,

it's the same for me. They charged me with 50,00 EUR each ticket. Until now I have not got a similar email from mk.com and it seems this is due the fact, that my tickets are also for the last night ( 4th june ). I am sure within the next few days they will detect their mistake and mail us.
In my opinion they are not allowed to charge us automatically for the difference. At the presale I selected the correct currency and they showed in the orderform definitely 50,00 EUR for the ticket I ordered. Finally they confirmed the order and the price. So it was their mistake.

Why do they not apologize for the mistake and ask if we will pay the difference by our own choice ? That would be a correct proceeding and I'm sure nobody would disagree ...

OnlineMossguitar

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 05:09:44 PM »
Generally I would say that they are allowed to charge the agreed price if the goods aren't delivered yet. And the agreed prize is GBP 50. But how you solve these things technically, I don't know...
Morten (lawyer)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:27:41 PM by Mossguitar »

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 05:12:27 PM »
Hi J

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »
Generally I would say that they are allowed to charge the agreed prize if the goods aren't delivered yet.
Morten (lawyer)

Right, but the agreed price is/was 50 Euro. When you have an account which charges you in Euro, then you've NOT seen the GBP50. And, no. They need confirmation from us!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 05:17:28 PM by marky49 »

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 05:26:59 PM »
Generally I would say that they are allowed to charge the agreed prize if the goods aren't delivered yet. And the agreed prize is 57.96 Eur. But how you solve these things technically, I don't know...
Morten (lawyer)

Hi Morten,

why do you think the agreed price is 57.96 Euro? When you've ordered with an account which charges you in Euro, you ONLY saw 50 Euro each. They offered the tix for 50 Euro, we agreed on 50 Euro and bought them. The act of sale was done. They even confirmed the purchase of x tix @50 Euro! So how should we know about the 'higher' price of that transaction? We haven't seen GBP 50 at any time during the process. Do you get my point?

Glad we've a lawyer here. And, they need a REPLY to authorize this payment adjustment. It's in their email too.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 40 queries.