Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #18 DTRW TOUR - May 21 2019 - Royal Albert Hall, London, UK #SPOILER#  (Read 20881 times)

hunter

Imelda May was at the concert last night, even if she wasn't on stage  :)

https://twitter.com/ImeldaOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Really a BIG shame they don't play Dancefloor. One of the best songs from the last album. And to have had Imelda join them at RAH would have been killer. Sad.

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado

https://twitter.com/ImeldaOfficial?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Really a BIG shame they don't play Dancefloor. One of the best songs from the last album. And to have had Imelda join them at RAH would have been killer. Sad.

Completely agree. Oh, and I should have mentioned above that Postcards was excellent, a terrific arrangement.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
What a night again !

The venue is unique in the world, and this alone justifies the trip. Forgets about stadiums and arena, The RAH brings MK in your livingroom ! Fantastic atmosphere. Mark managed (i) to fill it up and (ii) to shake it like mad, the audience behave in much more spanish or italian fashion than a british one !

Especially, a crazy MFN with full intro, unheard since 1988, and lots of energy. Amazing.

Other highlights were the perfectly played two new songs (OUATITW and SB), the funny and witty new arrangement on Postcards.

Too bad that there were quite a few mistakes, especially in WAM, and Speedway, that Mark's voice was not fantastic, that the sound was so-so at times (a complete drop of a few seconds in STP !), and that BIA was better in France...

Anyway, I am still saying in fantastic London today, for another show tonight. In 2015 the second night was better than the first one, hope it will be the case :) And I hope to get Piper, only song I have not yet heard live this year...

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
What a night again !

The venue is unique in the world, and this alone justifies the trip. Forgets about stadiums and arena, The RAH brings MK in your livingroom ! Fantastic atmosphere. Mark managed (i) to fill it up and (ii) to shake it like mad, the audience behave in much more spanish or italian fashion than a british one !

Especially, a crazy MFN with full intro, unheard since 1988, and lots of energy. Amazing.

Other highlights were the perfectly played two new songs (OUATITW and SB), the funny and witty new arrangement on Postcards.

Too bad that there were quite a few mistakes, especially in WAM, and Speedway, that Mark's voice was not fantastic, that the sound was so-so at times (a complete drop of a few seconds in STP !), and that BIA was better in France...

Anyway, I am still saying in fantastic London today, for another show tonight. In 2015 the second night was better than the first one, hope it will be the case :) And I hope to get Piper, only song I have not yet heard live this year...

The quick drop off in sound on STP was actually quite interesting (somebody must have slipped on the master fader!) as it showed how low their actual on stage volume is….

hunter

Completely agree. Oh, and I should have mentioned above that Postcards was excellent, a terrific arrangement.

Postcards has been fabulous this tour. Really the only "party song" in the set. There should have been more party songs, IMO.

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
In the stalls the sound dropped out for most of CBC , and start of sailing
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

The same happened in one of the songs in Newcastle - Richard's guitar, I think.    :think
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Postcards has been fabulous this tour. Really the only "party song" in the set. There should have been more party songs, IMO.
I also like it stripped-down, like in 2007 showcases. Powerful as well, in a different way.

Offlinetngemini

• Guitar George
What a night once again ! After attending french shows, arrangements are always fresh. Very powerful Money For Nothing. Dany is on top and complicity is real. Impatient for the second show 🎸

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

The same happened in one of the songs in Newcastle - Richard's guitar, I think.    :think

Bonaparte.

Sounds like an off-night for Mark after a couple of great shows in Newcastle and Leeds where I thought his playing was really intense (one small error in R&J aside).  Bear in mind though that the set, as a whole isn't so demanding these days.

Interestingly, we noticed he had a frog in his throat at Newcastle where he had to clear his throat during the MM speech.  He was fine at Leeds.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 11:50:31 AM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer

New technology  ;)

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
From the live concerts at MK store:

"Due to venue restrictions we are unable to offer a live recording of this show at this time. Should these circumstances change and we are able to offer this live recording down the road we will make an announcement via the MarkKnopfler.com newsletter. If you haven’t already be sure to join the mailing list now to stay in-the-loop.

This item is currently not available."

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
It was like this previously and eventually they did sell them

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Just watched a video of MFN and what have they done to the iconic opening riff???  Little blows of the sax into it is just not right.  Not right at all!!!  Cannot believe nobody has mentioned this sacrilege.  What on earth are they thinking?  >:( >:( >:(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

hunter

Just watched a video of MFN and what have they done to the iconic opening riff???  Little blows of the sax into it is just not right.  Not right at all!!!  Cannot believe nobody has mentioned this sacrilege.  What on earth are they thinking?  >:( >:( >:(

When Mark digs a thing, he can't get enough of it, it seems. First it was the flutes and citterns all over the place, now it's the horn section.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 44 queries.