Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK in BBC Radio 2 "Jools Holland" monday 19th November  (Read 27732 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Re: MK in BBC Radio 2 "Jools Holland" monday 19th November
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
I expected more of this I have to say. Would have been nice that he played BOTD live e.g.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2018, 11:06:57 PM »
Why the reluctance to play his own new songs live?  Pretty disappointed in tonight; was looking forward to hearing a couple of new songs performed live at least.  Instead we got a cover which I was totally not interested in which sounded out of tune at the start.  :(

I know what you mean and the show was not what we were expecting really, I'm thinking that the constraints of the show itself and a lack of rehearsal time probably limited what they could do, it was subtly alluded to that the cover was the first time they had all played it. And to finish on a positive note it was nice to hear a relaxed MK in a way that we don't often get to hear, perhaps we should be grateful for anything he does now as it is obviously certainly the twilight of his live performing career if not his recording.

hunter

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2018, 11:07:53 PM »
Lot of MK related folks in this video of Waterbound. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MAMu3LHIYA

That was great! Thanks for posting.

Love Expresso

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2018, 11:08:04 PM »
His humour really shines in this one. Love that.

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2018, 11:09:26 PM »
Why the reluctance to play his own new songs live?  Pretty disappointed in tonight; was looking forward to hearing a couple of new songs performed live at least.  Instead we got a cover which I was totally not interested in which sounded out of tune at the start.  :(

Dissapointed is the word. I thought at least 'Just a boy' would have been played live especially as he had the Strat n slide with him....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2018, 11:11:13 PM »
His humour really shines in this one. Love that.

LE

Indeed it did, he was in a fine mood...

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Love Expresso

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2018, 11:12:11 PM »
It struck me that his next album could very well be an album of covers like the likes we heard tonight.
Bob did it with Good As I've Been To You and World Gone Wrong. It could be very well that a lot of thinking about the next few years has been taken place from his side..

LE

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2018, 11:13:34 PM »
It struck me that his next album could very well be an album of covers like the likes we heard tonight.
Bob did it with Good As I've Been To You and World Gone Wrong. It could be very well that a lot of thinking about the next few years has been taken place from his side..

LE

That could be actually plausible. I mean: he hasn't done a lot of covers in his solo career apart from the NHB, has he? Now this is the second one in two months time.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2018, 11:15:24 PM »
I hope not. MK is too good a songwriter to waste time on covers. I will take any new Knopfler music any time. Leave covers for Clapton and such.
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2018, 11:17:35 PM »
I hope not. MK is too good a songwriter to waste time on covers. I will take any new Knopfler music any time. Leave covers for Clapton and such.

Yes agreed, no covers for MK! Of course an MK Christmas Carol album could appear next year??!! After all MK has sung 'Rudolph the red nosed reindeer'
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:20:23 PM by Knopflerfan »

OfflineEl Macho

• Lady writer
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2018, 11:18:29 PM »
He talked about a musician who plays banjo , fiddle... and played with Eric Clapton but did he say his name ?
They got a name for people like you, yeh they do
And they got a name for people like me too
El Macho, El Macho

Love Expresso

« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2018, 11:18:49 PM »
He is honest in mentioning the age thing and prepares the world in a way for a future with a changing Mark Knopfler. I like that attitude although it comes somewhat surprising nevertheless. We talk about the age thing at every live show thread discussion and it was often said, he can play for 10 years at least, others did it as well. But since 2015 some time has passed inrepeatable.

LE

OfflineWimbleman

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2018, 11:20:35 PM »

Agreed. I don't think MK would ever release an album of covers. I think these 2 covers are just a side thing he is doing alongside the record release. He enjoys his own creativity too much - a joy he has often talked about.

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2018, 11:20:52 PM »
He talked about a musician who plays banjo , fiddle... and played with Eric Clapton but did he say his name ?

Dirk Powell.

You're only one or two pages away on the "back button" to get that info... ;)
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2018, 11:21:02 PM »
He is honest in mentioning the age thing and prepares the world in a way for a future with a changing Mark Knopfler. I like that attitude although it comes somewhat surprising nevertheless. We talk about the age thing at every live show thread discussion and it was often said, he can play for 10 years at least, others did it as well. But since 2015 some time has passed inrepeatable.

LE

It certainly is surprising when you are supposed to be promoting a world tour!  I wonder what PCM think...
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 46 queries.