Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK Live Recording Policy  (Read 8969 times)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
MK Live Recording Policy
« on: June 18, 2009, 12:25:09 PM »
As many people may be aware there has been an ongoing discussion on GF's forum about downloading music, and in response to Val GF recently posted:

An everlasting debate, due in part by the lack of official live recordings. Hopefully we can remedy that soon.

On the one hand that says to me that they plan to release some official recordings, which is good.

However, i wouldn't be surprised if they ban fans from making their own recordings, which would be bad.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Re: MK Live Recording Policy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
To ban recording equipment is almost impossible. They are very small these days, so very easy to hide. But I really hope we will get some new releases of livestuff

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »
It sounds to me like they are considering recording concerts (like the crowfly days) and making them available for download maybe.

I don't for one minute think they will start going through archived recordings of stuff from the past. To me it is a response to the increasing amount of recording taking place of late.

If the official recordings are good then all is well - if they are not then it is 'as you were'  :)

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
To ban recording equipment is almost impossible. They are very small these days, so very easy to hide. But I really hope we will get some new releases of livestuff

True, but there's a difference between doing sneaky recordings and hoping you don't get caught and making recordings with the blessing of the artist.

Personally I'm always discreet in any case as you never know when you are going to come across an idiotic security guard who isn't aware of the act's views.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »
As many people may be aware there has been an ongoing discussion on GF's forum about downloading music, and in response to Val GF recently posted:

An everlasting debate, due in part by the lack of official live recordings. Hopefully we can remedy that soon.

On the one hand that says to me that they plan to release some official recordings, which is good.

However, i wouldn't be surprised if they ban fans from making their own recordings, which would be bad.

When I read it on Guy forum I told to myself that maybe "Get lucky" will see an expanded edition featuring a bonus live CD from the 2008 tour as they did with the "SOS - The very best of DS" or TRD. Get lucky?
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinelfblaauw

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:39:21 AM »
The recording policy on MK News has been updated.  It seems that (digital) SLR's are not allowed anymore.  Audiorecordings are still allowed.

Regards,
Lars (B.)

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 10:58:48 AM »
Digital Camera's are banned???!! :disbelief - seems this is venue specific - i sense more "heavy handed" security guards.

Traditional Digital camears seem to be OK - phew! :D

You can capture more content - both audio and visual with a modern phone such as an iphone than most digital camera's - i guess it would be a bit rich to ban mobile phones - but i bet they would want to if they could....!

Anyhoo - as PC says in his statement just take a copy of the policy with you to the show - im sure youll all have great pleasure waving the policy around in the face of some over zealous jobsworth door heavy!! ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 11:04:39 AM by schmonka »
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »
Digital Camera's are banned???!! :disbelief - seems this is venue specific - i sense more "heavy handed" security guards.

Traditional Digital camears seem to be OK - phew! :D

You can capture more content - both audio and visual with a modern phone such as an iphone than most digital camera's - i guess it would be a bit rich to ban mobile phones - but i bet they would want to if they could....!

Anyhoo - as PC says in his statement just take a copy of the policy with you to the show - im sure youll all have great pleasure waving the policy around in the face of some over zealous jobsworth door heavy!! ;D

As he is throwing you out on the street!

Love Expresso

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »

EVERY attendant of EVERY Get Lucky-show should have a copy and wave with it during the whole concert - to show MK and PC that something is going
terribly wrong in this managements' direction - and I swear, if MK once more points towards a (paying!) member of the audience and yelling to the security to get him out of the venue or change lyrics accordingly, I stand up and leave the show also, taking my way alongside the stage and give HIM the bird....  :disbelief :disbelief

LE

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS / MK Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice S02E03
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 07:48:32 PM »
They can ban the audio recordings as well if you ask me, but then they should release every single show as a digital download.

Metallica already do it very successful. One day after the show you can download it from their HP.
MP3 USD 10 or FLAC USD 13 or somethin' for 130 mns full of music.

Very interesting for all MK shows as well. We got happy. The band too   ;)
Love will find a Way

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 08:18:03 PM »

EVERY attendant of EVERY Get Lucky-show should have a copy and wave with it during the whole concert - to show MK and PC that something is going
terribly wrong in this managements' direction - and I swear, if MK once more points towards a (paying!) member of the audience and yelling to the security to get him out of the venue or change lyrics accordingly, I stand up and leave the show also, taking my way alongside the stage and give HIM the bird....  :disbelief :disbelief

LE

Well said!  It's the way I've been feeling for a long time now myself.  This pointing out fans business is simply not on.  It's bad manners, distances himself from the fans and it's unfair for the rest of the fans who are "behaving themselves" because at the end of the day we are paying to see MK perform.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineSimon

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »
Is it not possible that these odd fans that get pointed out actually have tripods and pro recording equipment and are obviously spoiling it for the bona fide fans around them? Has anyone seen a fan evicted carrying only a small digital camera?

OfflineMossguitar

• Lady writer
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »

terribly wrong in this managements' direction - and I swear, if MK once more points towards a (paying!) member of the audience and yelling to the security to get him out of the venue or change lyrics accordingly, I stand up and leave the show also, taking my way alongside the stage and give HIM the bird....  :disbelief :disbelief

LE

Well said!  It's the way I've been feeling for a long time now myself.  This pointing out fans business is simply not on.  It's bad manners, distances himself from the fans and it's unfair for the rest of the fans who are "behaving themselves" because at the end of the day we are paying to see MK perform.

What planet are you on?  :disbelief

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
What planet are you on?  :disbelief

The Planet of New Orleans?

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 04:00:36 PM »
I agree with it.
I hate it(I really do) when an artist behaves like that, changing lyrics when you`re playing.
Wondering what the other band members think of that. :(
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 41 queries.