Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Turn me on dead man....  (Read 4633 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Turn me on dead man....
« on: October 21, 2014, 08:27:55 AM »
I guess that eveybody here knows the famous "paul is dead" hoax

I have read many things about it and I remember reading one thing long ago that I can't find anymore :

for some reason, there was another photo session (the original was from 30th march 1967) for adding photos, and because Paul wasn't present at this 2nd photo session, they took a model for replacing him, so he turned his back to the camera, and it gaves the photo on the back cover

of course it seems strange to do this way, and since there are many other photos with him face to the camera, it doesn't make sense, so it is likely not the case...but I'm sure I read this somewhere  :think

anyway, for those interested, here are some links :

http://www.paul-is-dead.com/
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Obituary/paul.html
http://digilander.libero.it/p_truth/
http://www.thebeatleswebsite.com/album/pep%20cov.html
http://www.ispauldead.com/15601.html
http://turnmeondeadman.com/paul-is-dead-clues-on-sgt-peppers-lonely-heart-club-band/
http://www.beatlesbible.com/1967/03/30/cover-shoot-for-sgt-pepper/

a funny german film I saw some years ago :

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
Re: Turn me on dead man....
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
Now this is what I call inventive! A whole history, out of clues. I wonder if there is a yearly meeting of these conspiracy theorists! And if they fight with each other about who Faul really is . Viv or William? And I can only say, who cares? It has become a product. And anyone thinking that he has a more personal connection, well, he is probably a bit out of his head -pan intended. I mean, I do feel for my favorite musicians, but this is totally crazy, because a relation is a two way street. Anyway. Thank you JF for the links. They were a good laugh. Some of them were almost convincing. But for a fact that I really don't care to waste any brain cells. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »
Next : John Lennon is still alive.

I know, I picked him yesterday to have a cuppa with Elvis. But Presley did not show up so we ended on George's (Harrison) flat visiting him to say "Hello"...

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:35:25 PM »
I like the bits where they use clues from MMT that link to John Lennon's assassination 13 years later!

And Douglas Adams writes in his Mostly harmless book, about Elvis recording Oasis songs, in a parallel Earth universe! So everything is possible in a parallel universe mix up.

JF, what do you think? Could it be?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:53:35 PM »
Yeah, and Mark Knopfler is still writing Dire Straits songs in a parallel universe too!   :smack
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
I have all original Mark Knopfler's  DS recordings, up to 2045, when he left this world and left us with one of his most talented young clones. Because time travel has already been  invented in 2037. But in order not to rapture the time-space continuum, I can only access them in 2045 and only at that universe. So sorry I can't share them with you! And I fear I already gave out too much information!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »
I'm gonna explode, man!

P.S.  Any chance you could bootleg them?  ;)

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 10:27:25 PM »
Here is the problem. If the bootlegs leak out and they reach MK, a weird thing would take place. He will actually listen to things that he will have written (strange tense type I know) in the future. But since in our linear history he hasn't yet written them, in this universe, he can not be considered the actual composer. As such, our universe will actually deviate from its course and maybe collide or engulfed  with possible catastrophic consequences with the parallel universe where actually someone brings the recordings from the future. Do you get what I  am saying? If you do, let me know so I can get it as well... ;D 

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 10:39:02 PM »
Here is the problem. If the bootlegs leak out and they reach MK, a weird thing would take place. He will actually listen to things that he will have written (strange tense type I know) in the future. But since in our linear history he hasn't yet written them, in this universe, he can not be considered the actual composer. As such, our universe will actually deviate from its course and maybe collide or engulfed  with possible catastrophic consequences with the parallel universe where actually someone brings the recordings from the future. Do you get what I  am saying? If you do, let me know so I can get it as well... ;D

:hmm

Offlinenababo

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2014, 01:49:44 AM »
Guys, take me to your dealer...
Love over gold, mind over matter

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:36 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

just a precision : of course I don't believe in any thing related to Paul's death.
I know it's totally crazy and of course NOT true, but what I found interesting in this "theory" (and in many conspirancy theories) is the way that people can "deflect" (is it the right term ?) facts, pictures, lyrics, etc...how you can misunderstand things, or how you can interpret "clues" in the way you want

imho it can makes you think to politic messages for example....how you can write another version of History, and sadly we have tons of examples that are not as funny as this one

and one related to the Beatles is the Manson tragedy for example

what I like in some links I posted is the contradiction in some clues, and how you can say the exact opposit with the same fact

But I remember for sure that I read the anecdote about the model, and can't find it anymore....I know I am getting older, but well my memory is still good (I hope) ;D

LOL about Elvis, Lennon, etc... similar things have been said about Hendrix, Morisson, etc... with the CIA and so on. Even about Coluche....
Of course i's all ridiculous, but the paul is dead hoax is something far more sophisticated I find, and it's part of Beatles legend I think

on a similar subject I saw some years ago a TV show about Appollo 11, with all theories saying that it was a fake, and that they never been on the moon
I do NOT believe this, but I must admit that there are some strange facts...and difficult to explain

same for 9/11, I do NOT believe the conspirancy theory, but there are also "strange" facts and of course I know that governments don't saying ALL the truth, that's all.

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 10:49:39 AM »
JF,  I totally agree with you! I only wonder at times, but not for trivial things such as music. And anyway, none of these theories about musicians, had provided a believable reason (if any) of WHY going into trouble to fake such things.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 01:15:34 PM »
LOL about Elvis, Lennon, etc... similar things have been said about Hendrix, Morisson, etc...

Funny that you talk about Hendrix, Morisson because in the first version of my reply I had included them (with Brian Jones as well) and then decided too shorten it as I did not find it would add any extra value to it and better was to stick with the first sentence only. Les blagues les plus courtes sont parfois les meilleures   ;D
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 01:45:20 PM »
I think that all these conspiracy theories are not far from truth. The only difference is that the "system" have dealt with all these popular voices, not by killing them or providing faux  people, but actually providing them with all that they desired. Some of them had too much and left this earth,  young, but most are still with us but in a way, not the same people anymore. Nothing worse than finding your young self at the top of the world. No place left to leap but downward. Maybe that is why MK is still here with us, because he started rather late in his music life.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 04:25:42 PM »
Maybe that is why MK is still here with us, because he started rather late in his music life.

Yes he said it many times in itw. It's hard to live under pressure, but it's harder when you're twenty than when you're thirty.
and he has said that if DS had become famous when they were younger, maybe they wouldn't have "survived"

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 39 queries.