Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015  (Read 320047 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: Album Title: 'Tracker' : Release: Begin 2015
« Reply #720 on: February 26, 2015, 03:41:14 PM »
I have to say that I like that three days beard look on MK. Most of the promo pics for All TheRoadrunning were made with that look and they were, at least, different...
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #721 on: February 26, 2015, 04:33:09 PM »
The most embarrassing thing is, that they need to mention the tax avoidance thing in the article below the interview.
I don't care about it. But is it really necessary to mention it in this context?

I noticed it too!    Quite unnecessary imo! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #722 on: February 26, 2015, 05:24:54 PM »
Strange timing, two weeks before release, stating that "a new album has been released". This is one of the interviews that I hope no one of my friends has seen - with a tired, weary MK, (he could have been shaved), always saying the same stuff for decades now..

LE

I must agree and am reluctant to even look at an interview these days for that very reason (not the fact he's unshaven  ;)).
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #723 on: February 26, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
He did look very tired, but maybe he had a long day.  btw I like his unshaven look now and then!     

I don't have a problem with the interview - he answers what the interviewer asks and is always polite, no matter how many times he has to answer the same old questions!   ;)

What should he talk about?    What questions should he be asked that we don't already know?   Imagine you are the interviewer!    :think
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 06:34:17 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #724 on: February 26, 2015, 09:05:47 PM »
He did look very tired, but maybe he had a long day.

Or maybe he just caught cold. His nose is stuffed up and his eyes are red and rheumy. 

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #725 on: February 26, 2015, 10:29:10 PM »
He did look very tired, but maybe he had a long day.  btw I like his unshaven look now and then!     

I don't have a problem with the interview - he answers what the interviewer asks and is always polite, no matter how many times he has to answer the same old questions!   ;)

What should he talk about?    What questions should he be asked that we don't already know?   Imagine you are the interviewer!    :think

Love how you always stick up for him Val.  Your loyalty knows no bounds!  ;)

I think we all realise he must get tired of the same old questions etc. but he surely must expect them and after all, they are doing him a favour by promoting his album and tour.  My main gripe is the fact he uses the same phrases/clich

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #726 on: February 27, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »
I think as an interviewer, you'll have to ask VERY good (and specific) questions to get something meaningful from Mr. K. He'd rather use his songs to say what he has to say, that's may impression.

But what WAS interesting is the tax avoidance thing

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #727 on: February 27, 2015, 02:51:47 PM »
Sorry, I just saw that there's a whole thread about the tax thing already. Should check this forum more frequently, really ...  :-[

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #728 on: February 27, 2015, 03:10:34 PM »
http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php/topic,3727.0.html

I just think, that it's kind of unfair to bring it up in this context.
I mean, he gives them an interview and they have nothing better to do than to mention this.
They could have also mentioned that he donates money to charities, which they didn't do.

Exactly!   It was totally inappropriate, because it was nothing whatsoever about music, or the upcoming album!

It would be better that these journalists find something good to write about MK, than digging around for something they see as shady! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #729 on: February 27, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »
It would be better that these journalists find something good to write about MK, than digging around for something they see as shady!

Errm, no. Quite the opposite. It's a good journalist's job to write about the shady side of things. What you are referring to is PR/marketing, not journalism.

By the way, The Guardian, who first published these news, is Mark Knopfler's favourite newspaper. And for a reason.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #730 on: February 27, 2015, 03:30:46 PM »

Errm, no. Quite the opposite. It's a good journalist's job to write about the shady side of things. What you are referring to is PR/marketing, not journalism.

By the way, The Guardian, who first published these news, is Mark Knopfler's favourite newspaper. And for a reason.

They delight in digging up the dirt!   Good journalism should be well-balanced - most often it's not!   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #731 on: February 27, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »

They delight in digging up the dirt!   Good journalism should be well-balanced - most often it's not!   

Sorry, but I disagree. Let's assume the sun wouldn't rise tomorrow morning. Surely that woud be a negative thing, and surely it would be worth a newspaper article. Would the journalist writing that article have to mention that, to balance things out, the sun actually DID come up on the days before? No. Mark made the headlines for donating money and spending for good causes before, now his making headlines for something else. That's only natural. Journalists report what's new.

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
« Reply #732 on: February 27, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
I've lost all my trust in newspapers and in journalist in general. Reading a newspaper ist most of the time an annoyance, even the "quality" papers are getting poorer and poorer. They are mainly looking for scandals, and if they can't find them they try to produce them. Everything is exagerated, and the ideal to INFORM people is completely lost.

Back to the interview in ZDF! It's a very poor interview, especially the written parts where the video is embedded. Instead of mentioning some tax issues from the past, (the story is old!) where everything was legal, they could have asked about the new album. I don't get it, that you can have a interview with an artist, because of the new album and the upcoming tour, but not trying to get first informations of the album. That would be a new story! I agree with LE, this is a shame of a research!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #733 on: February 28, 2015, 12:39:43 PM »
It's quite simple really - if Mark didn't want asked about it he should have stipulated that no questions were asked about it.  You can't pretend that everything is rosy in the garden all the time.  Journalists must present a fair and balanced view without showing a bias or personal view, presenting the facts only.  That is what I remember from school anyway!

BTW I am assuming that this isn't available to listen to in English without the translation over it.  Correct?

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #734 on: February 28, 2015, 05:38:17 PM »
I've lost all my trust in newspapers and in journalist in general. Reading a newspaper ist most of the time an annoyance, even the "quality" papers are getting poorer and poorer. They are mainly looking for scandals, and if they can't find them they try to produce them. Everything is exagerated, and the ideal to INFORM people is completely lost.

It's worse, as there is no real plurality of opinions anymore. All follow the same bullsh.., erm, agenda, think-tanks, mindsets - whatever you might call it. Different-minded opinions are not allowed, or have to be ridiculed. Divide et impera and panem et circenses to keep us "entertained". And there is always a pinch of fear to be distributed. Thanks, but no thanks.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 39 queries.