Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Endless River - New Pink Floyd album!!!!!  (Read 22986 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
The Endless River - New Pink Floyd album!!!!!
« on: July 05, 2014, 05:06:11 PM »
out in october, according to a tweet by polly samson, wife of david gilmour...
all new material....omg, this just made my year....
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: The Endless River - New Pink Floyd album!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 05:06:41 PM »
'Just 33 minutes ago... Polly dropped a bombshell on her twitter feed."@PollySamson: Btw Pink Floyd album out in October is called "The Endless River". Based on 1994 sessions is Rick Wright's swansong and very beautiful."
https://twitter.com/pollysamson/stat...11029573439488'

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 11:23:06 PM »
WHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTT ?????
if this is a joke i'm gonna kill you fort this.
Otherwise.,,,,, wov....evertyhing

LoveExpresso

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 12:25:34 AM »

From: http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/pink-floyd-to-release-new-album-the-endless-river-in-october/

"Singer Durga McBroom-Hudson, who toured with Pink Floyd throughout the 1980s and early 1990s, revealed further details on her Facebook page.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »
great news ! but surprising  :o ???

Bjorn from gilmourish.com was expecting a new David's album soon.

it seems it has turned into a floyd project... :hmm but what does really mean "pink floyd" today ?  :think Does it mean that Roger is involved ?  :o (it could be since Dave was guest on some Roger's shows...)

if not, apart from the Rick's tune from 94, it would be "only" a Dave album with Nick on drums imho... :think

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:01:54 PM »
a little googling...

Roger is NOT involved in the project, although his relationship with david as improved during late years

sounds more to a Dave album to me, rather than a "real" floyd album

Offlinestratocasteph

• Local Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 01:32:45 PM »
It comes from sessions recorded in 94 (known as The Big Spliff in Nick Mason's book). It seems that it will be mainly instrumental songs.

By the way, it's a great surprise and it will be a great pleasure to discover a new Pink Floyd record, with some great solos played by David Gilmour.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 05:38:43 PM »

it seems it has turned into a floyd project... :hmm but what does really mean "pink floyd" today ?  :think Does it mean that Roger is involved ?  :o (it could be since Dave was guest on some Roger's shows...)

if not, apart from the Rick's tune from 94, it would be "only" a Dave album with Nick on drums imho... :think
bjorn based himself, as we all did, on that pic of david with the backing singers in the studio's
but David had already promised rick wright in his last weeks/days/hours (in the end, do not know exactly when) that he would use his compositions and turn them in a floyd record, together with the "Big spliff" recordings that happened at the same time as the Division bell recordings, which were mainly instrumental songs.
Pink Floyd consists out of david, nick and rick.
roger legally left the band in 1985.
for me this is floyd as much as the 94, 87, 77, 67 versions.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 09:55:33 PM »

bjorn based himself, as we all did, on that pic of david with the backing singers in the studio's
but David had already promised rick wright in his last weeks/days/hours (in the end, do not know exactly when) that he would use his compositions and turn them in a floyd record, together with the "Big spliff" recordings that happened at the same time as the Division bell recordings, which were mainly instrumental songs.
Pink Floyd consists out of david, nick and rick.
roger legally left the band in 1985.
for me this is floyd as much as the 94, 87, 77, 67 versions.
With all due respect I can't agree to this.
Given the fact that Roger meant so much to Flyod in terms of songwriting and lyrics, and the very touching reconciliation between the two over the years, it is great pity that Roger was not involved somehow. I hope it won't be the start of a new feud.,,

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/10953265/Pink-Floyds-new-album-how-new-is-it.html

Kind of agree with that article. Its great news, but the excitement goes down and down pretty fast to me.
So Long

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 10:12:49 AM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/10953265/Pink-Floyds-new-album-how-new-is-it.html

Kind of agree with that article. Its great news, but the excitement goes down and down pretty fast to me.
+1

PF was at their best when they were a team, when Dave and Roger completed each other.
It was a beautiful thing that these men, who have little in common both philosophically and musically, could together produce the most highly regarded albums ever - Meddle, Dark Side, Wish, Animals, Wall.
Neither of them achieved much alone, although I agree that division bell is not that bad and better than Pros & cons and Radio Kaos. I also think that Amused to Death is the greateast post-wall Pf related album (anyone agrees ?)

I think MK is the only one-person genius here: Dave's great guitar skills and Roger's great songwriting skills in one person ! :)

Anyway I'm gonna watch live at pompei again - their best time, before they got famous ! Long live Echoes...

foma

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 10:50:02 AM »
I agree with you Herlock. I hope MK will never ever do something under DS name, because it'll push him in the dimension of a standard reunion old rock heroes.

Why new album? Take Beatles for instance, they released a brand new songs in 90s, but it was on Anthology, it wasn't a 'new album by the Beatles'. So I kinda dislike this Pink Floyd's record right away.

But hey, even Jackson and Jimi still make records, so what we can ask here...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 10:52:20 AM by foma »

LoveExpresso

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 11:27:48 AM »
I am not that much into PF than some of you folks, but from the point of view of a generally music-interested person I might say that MK will never reach the same hight of fame and reputation as DG and RW have. In parts it is his own decision, in keeping it low-key like he does with his solo efforts for example. He will be remembered as a guitarist who developed a unique guitar sound and of the head of the band who made that first pop-Compact Disc album Brothers in Arms. No history here that much I am afraid. Not that I would care about that.

LE

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 12:56:53 PM »
I dont think this is Gilmour doing a Pink Floyd album, but Gilmour giving a final shape to unreleased Pink Floyd songs, so its a PF album 100%, at least a post-Roger Waters PF album.

I agree that Amused to Death its the best RW album, "The Final Cut" wasn
So Long

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 45 queries.