Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK event Sept. 27  (Read 52708 times)

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
Re: MK event Sept. 27
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2013, 05:51:10 PM »
Anyone taping?

Just got tickets and these state that the venue policy is strictly no photgraphy, video or audio recording. Others may be braver than me, but I'm afraid that I would not risk a stealth recording in such a small hall.

That is the policy of generally anywhere these days but that certainly won't stop me from 'accidentally' taking a few photo's if you know what I mean ;)

I do know what you mean. Just thinking it is a bit more difficult to hide in an audience of a couple of hundred, than it is in an audience of a few thousand. And as my seats are right on the end of a row, I will probably be too easy for security to spot. Still, if I think I can get away with it on the day .......
This baker's boy from the West Country

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2013, 08:27:49 PM »
I doubt they will have "security" as such. More likely, it will a couple of the Arts Centre staff, who usually do another job, just keeping an eye on things. Unless MK brings along his own people for that purpose.

I also suspect that the "No photos, no videos and no audio recording" is something that they put on all their tickets whatever the event. I may be wrong but that's what I'd guess.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »
We popped down to Bridport to pick up our tickets today. The show is sold out. The building is a former chapel (Baptist, I guess) but it's been a small theatre for something like 40 years apparently. It'll be the smallest venue most people will have seen MK in - barring Ronnie Scott's perhaps. It is a fairly simple setting (rows of seats on the flat) downstairs, with a wraparound balcony upstairs. The balcony is supported by metal uprights but they're not too thick, so I doubt they'll obstruct the view. I don't know if the balcony will be used for seating.

The town is not large but it has a good lot of shops, many of them independents with a slightly quirky selection. Even those that look quite small from the front can go back a long, long way. It was market day today but, by the time we'd collected the tickets and had our lunch, many of the stallholders were packing up already.  All of this is by way of saying that it may be worth getting there early just to have a good look round.

Bridport itself is not by the sea. For that, ou have to go about a mile down the road to West Bay. We did but, being the holiday season, it was packed. We moved on but it looked quite pleasant. I read that this was the setting of the TV drama "Broadchurch" (the one with David Tennant as the all-but-washed-up detective) but. in a flying visit, I didn't really recognise any of the buildings.  Again, if you have the time, it may be worth a visit if you're going to the MK appearance.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:33:14 PM by twm »

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
This was a great shop in Bridport:

http://www.snooksthehatters.co.uk/

It looks a really small shop. It isn't. It looks like a shop just for ladies. It isn't. It looks like it's just a hat shop. It isn't that, either. Socks, ties, belts, blazers, pyjamas - all sorts - but their speciality is hats.  All types of hat. In the window alone, there were four different types of pith helmet! [Not that I'm the owner of a pith helmet let alone four]. Even members of Madness are said to have bought hats there.

Next door to Snooks is a shop called Frost. It looks like a newsagents and stationers but, inside, it is more than that. Much, much bigger inside than it looks from the outside, it sells all sorts of goods and chattels. Worth a browse.

OfflineFenderBender

• Camerado
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
Bridport itself is not by the sea. For that, ou have to go about a mile down the road to West Bay. We did but, being the holiday season, it was packed. We moved on but it looked quite pleasant. I read that this was the setting of the TV drama "Broadchurch" (the one with David Tennant as the all-but-washed-uo detective) but. in a flying visit, I didn't really recognise any of the buildings.  Again, if you have the time, it may be worth a visit if you're going to the MK appearance.

West Bay was used for the coastal locations in "Broadchurch", but the main buildings (hotel where David Tennant's character stayed, the newspaper office, homes of the local characters) are in Clevedon, a town about 15 miles from Bristol. I believe that the building used as the police station is on the marina in Portishead, also near Bristol.

This baker's boy from the West Country

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 10:13:53 AM »
We popped down to Bridport to pick up our tickets today. The show is sold out. The building is a former chapel (Baptist, I guess) but it's been a small theatre for something like 40 years apparently. It'll be the smallest venue most people will have seen MK in - barring Ronnie Scott's perhaps. It is a fairly simple setting (rows of seats on the flat) downstairs, with a wraparound balcony upstairs. The balcony is supported by metal uprights but they're not too thick, so I doubt they'll obstruct the view. I don't know if the balcony will be used for seating.

The town is not large but it has a good lot of shops, many of them independents with a slightly quirky selection. Even those that look quite small from the front can go back a long, long way. It was market day today but, by the time we'd collected the tickets and had our lunch, many of the stallholders were packing up already.  All of this is by way of saying that it may be worth getting there early just to have a good look round.

Bridport itself is not by the sea. For that, ou have to go about a mile down the road to West Bay. We did but, being the holiday season, it was packed. We moved on but it looked quite pleasant. I read that this was the setting of the TV drama "Broadchurch" (the one with David Tennant as the all-but-washed-uo detective) but. in a flying visit, I didn't really recognise any of the buildings.  Again, if you have the time, it may be worth a visit if you're going to the MK appearance.

Yes the venue is a beautiful, quaint place and really can't wait until the 27th now!!

I reckon it's gonna be like our experience at Hay-on-Wye when there was only a small audience..
Certainly worth getting into Bridport mid-morning for a perusal around the lovely shops before grabbing something to eat....

ps: TWM what row are you??
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedreamsound

• Local Hero
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »
I can't believe I missed this topic... My biggest dream would have come true, if I had seen this news in time. What the hell:(((((
I am even able to organize the trip, but without a ticket it doesn't have any sense.
The hugest fail of this year.
A security guard said it was total foolishness on our part to attend the show in the rain. We laughed and said we were indeed the most foolish folks in the world. --Tee, JTO

OfflineMK_live

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Camerado
« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »
It would be nice to receive a scan of the ticket, so it can be added to the tour dates section - " special performances 1997-2013 ":

http://www.oneverybootleg.nl/tourdates_specials.htm

The event is already added at the bottom of this page.
In case anyone would be willing to make a scan of the ticket, that would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »
Just wondering, if any of the people going have thought of any questions to ask MK, just in case.
I mean I would love to hear MKs opinion for some new bands, maybe about recordings with artists that never surfaced and if he is having anything in his archives and thinks about releasing, or artists that he would have liked to play with. 
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2013, 10:03:04 AM »
From the first I heard about this, questions came to my mind. I have a couple that I may or may not ask, depending on how the event unfolds. I'm not going to say what they are now, though. If it seems appropriate to ask them on the day, you'll know. If I don't (and if they are not covered by questions from others), I'll let you know afterwards.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
It would be nice to receive a scan of the ticket, so it can be added to the tour dates section - " special performances 1997-2013 ":

http://www.oneverybootleg.nl/tourdates_specials.htm

The event is already added at the bottom of this page.
In case anyone would be willing to make a scan of the ticket, that would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jeroen

Will post one in a while to you Jeroen ;)

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:17 PM »
Ta Da ;)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2013, 01:02:00 PM »
Ingrid,

We are gonna have to discuss your taxi to Bridport with us.
Let me know when you are coming to Bournemouth??
If we pick you up around 10:30 we will be in Bridport for 11:30-45 ready for a light lunch....

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2013, 01:36:40 PM »
Thanks for the reply twm!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »
Ingrid,

We are gonna have to discuss your taxi to Bridport with us.
Let me know when you are coming to Bournemouth??
If we pick you up around 10:30 we will be in Bridport for 11:30-45 ready for a light lunch....

That's fine, I will be in Bournemouth Thursdaynight late.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.