Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK event Sept. 27  (Read 52724 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: MK event Sept. 27
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
I predicted it would happen and it has!! The lady in front of me who got a kiss from MK had 'twisting by the pool' and 'So far away' both signed by the man himself and they are indeed up for sale in ebay.co.uk for anyone wanting a 'genuine' MK signature... Actually find it sad that people obtain signatured fir money.... I will never ever sell my now 'endorsed' MK Stratocaster's!!! Well I think everyone knows that!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »
You indeed predicted it immediately  :clap
Stupid people  :disbelief
I would never buy a signature, that's worth nothing, only when I get it myself it's valueable for me.
And I also would never sell it.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2013, 01:35:42 PM »
Ingrid,

Your recording is fabulous!! The sound quality although you have to put it up a little more than normal is brilliant and it has brought back happy memories of a special afternoon with MK!!

Not sure it needs 'Improving' as it captures the atmosphere of the little show really well - well done!!

If Ingrid is happy, anyone who would like a copy please email me and I will attach it to your email.....

PS: No way in the world would I now purchase another MK Signature, except of course on an official TOUR Lithograph....
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:44:48 PM by Knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:34 PM »
Obtaining autographs only to sell them straightaway puts artists and performers off signing autographs in the first place.  The "signer" realises that the "obtainer" was not genuine in the request and in whatever comments of praise or thanks were offered in exchange for the autograph. And then tends to think of all such requests as being opportunistic rather than genuine.  I know it isn't true but how can the "signer" distinguish between the genuine and the opportunistic request?

I do not go in for eBay very much at all but, if the facility is still there, you can contact the seller with "questions". If you are so inclined, you have the opportunity to tell the seller what you think of what they have done.

As for Telegraph Road, songs evolve. Performers develop. Mere repetition becomes a music hall act (who said that?).  The performer cannot become bogged down in past triumphs. The artist must believe that the best is yet to come. Enjoy the past, by all means, but be open to the "now". 

DOWNBEAT jazz magazine used to run a column called "Old wine, new bottles" (or something like that) which isn't quite the same thing but does give some idea of how I feel. Mr Bob's latest  BOOTLEG SERIES release has given a different perspective on his 1970s recordings - again, not quite the same thing, but you can open your ears to different ways of presenting things.  I have no idea what Telegrpah Road sounded like in concert some 30 years ago but I would be very disappointed if an MK fan said to me after a concert, "I really like Telegrpah Road tonight. It was just like 1985 (or whenever)". That's the moment I would ask myself, "Why am I here? What's the point?"

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2013, 03:01:19 PM »
Thank you Knoplerfan for the treat!

twm, always nice comments. Remember one episode of the Simpsons, where they ask famous Bart foe autographs and a little girl asking to dedicate hers on "ebay".  ;D

Of course to me an autograph of an artist has special value if it is just for me, but since MK hasn't been around, I would be content with a genuine  second hand autograph. But sell it, no way!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
I predicted it would happen and it has!! The lady in front of me who got a kiss from MK had 'twisting by the pool' and 'So far away' both signed by the man himself and they are indeed up for sale in ebay.co.uk for anyone wanting a 'genuine' MK signature... Actually find it sad that people obtain signatured fir money.... I will never ever sell my now 'endorsed' MK Stratocaster's!!! Well I think everyone knows that!!

I was happy for those two ladies but now I'm SAD and UPSET ! >:(   I could never understand why anybody would do something like that !  :disbelief :disbelief :disbelief

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2013, 03:17:52 PM »
Obtaining autographs only to sell them straightaway puts artists and performers off signing autographs in the first place.  The "signer" realises that the "obtainer" was not genuine in the request and in whatever comments of praise or thanks were offered in exchange for the autograph. And then tends to think of all such requests as being opportunistic rather than genuine.  I know it isn't true but how can the "signer" distinguish between the genuine and the opportunistic request?

twm, you put it so well.  I hope Mark doesn't know about this.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
Thank you, Knopflerfan and also Ingrid for the recording.  I have just finished listening and it was terrific!   I particularly enjoyed the part about BIA and the various improvisations - very interesting.  Also during the part about SOS, I was surprised to hear him mention that he doesn't play it any more!

Thanks again both of you!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »
He indeed said that Val. He didn't say however that he would never play it again, but I think we can wave SOS goodbye for a while at least

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2013, 07:03:41 PM »
Ingrid thank you so much for the recording!
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
Yes again - thanks Ingrid the recording was great! (better than my effort!) and thanks again for helping me meet my hero ;)

Guys when you email/message me please, please include your email address!!!

Everyone is more than welcome with the distribution of the recording. I would like to think someone would do it for me if I couldn't make a one-off event.

Mind you Ingrid, Mandy and myself had a great time as you will all have gathered...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2013, 07:55:09 PM »
Thank you Knoplerfan for the treat!

twm, always nice comments. Remember one episode of the Simpsons, where they ask famous Bart foe autographs and a little girl asking to dedicate hers on "ebay".  ;D

Of course to me an autograph of an artist has special value if it is just for me, but since MK hasn't been around, I would be content with a genuine  second hand autograph. But sell it, no way!

If you wanted a genuine MK Signature then these ARE Genuine:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dire-Straits-Signed-By-Mark-Knopfler-Twisting-by-the-pool-12-EP-/171138578598?pt=UK_Records&hash=item27d8a778a6#ht_156wt_1319

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dire-Straits-Signed-By-Mark-Knopfler-Guy-Fletcher-So-Far-Away-10-/171138558864?pt=UK_Records&hash=item27d8a72b90#ht_156wt_1319

But no one is getting a sniff of my 'Hang-Tags'!!!!! ;)

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #177 on: October 01, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
Dear Ingrid and Knopflerfan. Thank you so much for this lovely recording. I'm very glad that you had such a great day  :wave
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »
Dear Ingrid and Knopflerfan. Thank you so much for this lovely recording. I'm very glad that you had such a great day  :wave

+1

:wave
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »
On behalf of Ingrid and I:
Everyone is so very welcome! (I must have mailed out around 50+ links tonight alone.....)

Please enjoy

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 38 queries.