Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 49:2013.07.03, Gerry Weber-Stadion, Halle, Germany # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 23852 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
woooovvv !
seems to have been a great show

I love submariner too, and I 'm curious to hear how it sounds live, because I think it's more a "studio song ", so much produced, with many little sounds here and there.

@ Carrion spy : I don't see why he would have used the national (the fact that the song is at the haul away place in the setlist is not a valuable reason IMHO), he don't use it on the studio version (it's a normal coustic), and the electric solo has to be played by Mark. I guess it's the LP, right ?

@Marijin : I'm not sure what you mean about "melody-jumps", but I want to hear it for sure  :)

Love Expresso

Maybe he changed the key during the solo and then returns (sorry no muso, can't explain better) ? That's what he did during Calling Elvis in 1996, too.

LE

OfflineMarijn

• Guitar George
Mark uses the Gibson Les Paul for Submariner

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Mark uses the Gibson Les Paul for Submariner

Yes! :D
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
Maybe he changed the key during the solo and then returns (sorry no muso, can't explain better) ? That's what he did during Calling Elvis in 1996, too.

LE

ah ok I see what you mean. I listened to callin Elvis from Bern 1996. he did it also in Vaison.

not really changing the key, but adding some new chords, like he did for Lions in 80-81.

Impatient to hear Sonny ! :P

Offlineguitarbrother

• Local Hero
Hi,
haven

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Ok guys, I now have a reputation to keep, "the guy even crazier than Isaac", so here is the message I just posted on Guy's forum. I tried to put my prayer in a very positive way, to trigger a nice reaction... It says it all. Except one thing: thank you so much Ingrid for helping this dream come true all the way through... you are the dream of the drown Frenchmariner ! :)

Hi Guy,
You won't believe it, but after making a last-minute trip to Cologne I will strike again ! When I read the new song you played last night...which happens to be my second favourite from the wonderful Privateering album... I thought that I had to thank you for the way you shake the setlist and play an unprecedented amount of new  songs ! so I'm planning a trip on Saturday to Stuttgart; if this song stays in the set, that will make it the most expensive song in History for me ! :) if it doesn't stay, anyway I know I will have a great time as I had already in Paris, Clermont-Ferrand and Cologne ! You guys are addictive ! Hope I won't get a divorce or a professional blame ! :)
One quick question, in the band is Nigel the only one who masters Klarinett ? or say, one of the MAC's could play it when Nigel is not with you anymore ? ;)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I am as crazy as you are Herlock, fortunately I already booked 17 shows in advance (only had to add 3 at last minute). So I am glad to be able to help  ;D

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
herlock, maybe I'll have a spare ticket for Zurich or Loerrach  ;D
Things are moving  ;D

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
Still no submariner on youtube...im dying to hear that!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Still no submariner on youtube...im dying to hear that!

The band intro has been recorded and is there though! ::)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
There it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks Dutchessy.  It's been posted on Dresden's thread too.

Very, very nice though. :thumbsup

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Ok guys, I now have a reputation to keep, "the guy even crazier than Isaac", so here is the message I just posted on Guy's forum. I tried to put my prayer in a very positive way, to trigger a nice reaction... It says it all. Except one thing: thank you so much Ingrid for helping this dream come true all the way through... you are the dream of the drown Frenchmariner ! :)

Hi Guy,
You won't believe it, but after making a last-minute trip to Cologne I will strike again ! When I read the new song you played last night...which happens to be my second favourite from the wonderful Privateering album... I thought that I had to thank you for the way you shake the setlist and play an unprecedented amount of new  songs ! so I'm planning a trip on Saturday to Stuttgart; if this song stays in the set, that will make it the most expensive song in History for me ! :) if it doesn't stay, anyway I know I will have a great time as I had already in Paris, Clermont-Ferrand and Cologne ! You guys are addictive ! Hope I won't get a divorce or a professional blame ! :)
One quick question, in the band is Nigel the only one who masters Klarinett ? or say, one of the MAC's could play it when Nigel is not with you anymore ? ;)

herlock, sooo happy that you made that crazy decision ! ;D ;D ;D  hope the most expensive song will be played on Sat for you !  :) enjoy the show and hope to read your review.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
very nice version
good idea to replace the original acoustic guitar part with flutes  :clap

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 41 queries.