Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: GlennWork introduced as a "pedal steel guitar player" on 31.05.2005  (Read 3050 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
I know it's not the current tour, but I'm listening to 2005 stuff these days.

what a surprise when I heard the band's introduction form Mark on 31.05.2005 at RAH :

usual quotes : "Gut will fixed your watch, multi-instrumentalist Richard, Danny from DS days, etc..."

BUT :
" another multi-instrumentalist, he plays guitar, he plays pedal steel guitar, and he brought his largest intsrument with him : GLENN WORF !"  :o ???

I had to listen again, but I clearly heard these words. Never heard that before.
did I misunderstand someting ? Was he talking about someone else ?
Does Glenn play guitar and pedal steel ?
Has someone heard this on another gig ?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: GlennWork introduced as a "pedal steel guitar player" on 31.05.2005
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »
I don't recall this but I generally don't listen to the band intro's.  Interesting info though.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
Or maybe Mark mixed it up with Richard's description. ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »
I know it's not the current tour, but I'm listening to 2005 stuff these days.

what a surprise when I heard the band's introduction form Mark on 31.05.2005 at RAH :

usual quotes : "Gut will fixed your watch, multi-instrumentalist Richard, Danny from DS days, etc..."

BUT :
" another multi-instrumentalist, he plays guitar, he plays pedal steel guitar, and he brought his largest intsrument with him : GLENN WORF !"  :o ???

I had to listen again, but I clearly heard these words. Never heard that before.
did I misunderstand someting ? Was he talking about someone else ?
Does Glenn play guitar and pedal steel ?
Has someone heard this on another gig ?

Absolutely, the day before  30th May 2005, Mark introduced Glenn as "another multi instrumentalist , pedal steel guitar player, guitar player, KEYBOARD PLAYER!!,and the best bass player on earth , brings his large instruments to England..Glenn Worf"

so he is a keyboard player as well, otherwise you wouldn't be a multi instrumentalist   ;D
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
I recall that in certains shows that MK introduced Glenn Worf, I think that it was in Nashville, telling that he (Glenn) arrived to Nashville playing his steel guitar but after meeting Paul Franklin he changed to the bass.
So Long

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »

Absolutely, the day before  30th May 2005, Mark introduced Glenn as "another multi instrumentalist , pedal steel guitar player, guitar player, KEYBOARD PLAYER!!,and the best bass player on earth , brings his large instruments to England..Glenn Worf"

so he is a keyboard player as well, otherwise you wouldn't be a multi instrumentalist   ;D

I could play Jingle Bells on a Bontempi keyboard when I was about 6 or 7 and I can play the triangle part to the live version of OES!  Does that mean I'm a multi-instumentalist too? :think

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »

I could play Jingle Bells on a Bontempi keyboard when I was about 6 or 7 and I can play the triangle part to the live version of OES!  Does that mean I'm a multi-instumentalist too? :think

well more than that, just like Mozart you was a child prodigy..............I hope you are have been treated as a normal child.............you climbed  tree's and stuff like that?  I am worried  :'(

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »

well more than that, just like Mozart you was a child prodigy..............I hope you are have been treated as a normal child.............you climbed  tree's and stuff like that?  I am worried  :'(

I even had a Tarzan swing! :o

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:22:55 PM »

I even had a Tarzan swing! :o

Always better than a Sultan.............well for Jane that was :think

I am relieved , use your talent for the best aye  :thumbsup

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 09:42:45 AM »
I recall that in certains shows that MK introduced Glenn Worf, I think that it was in Nashville, telling that he (Glenn) arrived to Nashville playing his steel guitar but after meeting Paul Franklin he changed to the bass.

yes indeed your are right Jbanet, Mark said this in Nashville 13.07.2005. I listened to it yesterday

thanks to you all for enlightening  :)  :thumbsup

It's nice to learn every day about MK  :clap

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 39 queries.