Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 28:2013.06.01, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 28470 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Nice one - thanks!  A very confident behaving Mark I think (trying to read body language as a complete amateur). :think
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetwm

• Romeo
Oh, I forgot something. At several of the shows (possibly, all of the shows) that we attended, Mark  mentioned getting "bequests" (sic) from the audience. The first time I heard it, I thought it was a simple slip of the tongue and that he'd just carried on in the hope that nobody in the audience had spotted it.  Then it was repeated at other shows.

Has it got so that nobody in the touring party dare point out the mistake? Will it be kept on the USB sound-stick recordings or will they massage the recording to correct things?

[Facetiously, I wondered if we were watching a hi-tech hologram that really was seeking "bequests"]

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club

4) And, while I'm on the topic, the "bull run" was much less "gentlemanly" on the Friday and the Saturday at the RAH. Friday, we got a "BFS" trampling over me and my bags ("BFS" = Big Fat Slob). Saturday, two women [separately !!!] commented about how badly they were treated by the male fans down the front - and both said that the males concerned seemed to come from southern Europe, probably Italy. I should add that I met quite a few people during the tour, from all over the place including Europe, and found them to be pleasant, courteous and, aware that their great feeling for MK's music was not universally accepted, showing not only great camaraderie amongst themselves but also understanding for those who were just tagging along.

I did notice some serious rowdy behaviour too, I simply don't get it. It is not only very rude but also dangerous as well, as I did see some elderly people and children at the front nearly being run over by some bulls. I'd imagine if this would continue the run of the bulls will be forbidden in the future. And that would be very sad.

Anyway, the London shows are always magnificent, but this time really topped it all by a mile. I really do like Danny, but I got the impression that Ianto adds a lot of energy to the band, which is obviously a good thing. The band were firing on all cylinders, MK was relaxed, chatty and his playing in another league, compared to previous tours. The thing that worries me a bit were his shaking hands towards the end of the show, e.g. when he put his in-ears back. Did anyone spot that too?
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Do I have to mention that the runs of the bull tend to spoil some part of the show. I have loved to do it because the "reward" to be front of stage with Mark on dead center at the RAH has been somewhat priceless. But to do it properly, being ready is just demanding. And during that moment my mind was no more 100 % focused on the music, being nervous during the entire TR solo, feeling my legs become like cotton and wondering if they will be able to make it. Watching closely on sides to see if others "competitors" are ready or not, somes eyes contact tells you that they are. Then the moment to jump with the adrelanin shot that goes with it. Of course doing it from first row is simpler and safer than coming from the back of the hall. And accept that when somebody is already on the place that there are no need to push - that it is over.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:13:54 PM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

The thing that worries me a bit were his shaking hands towards the end of the show, e.g. when he put his in-ears back. Did anyone spot that too?
[/quote]

I noticed his hands too at Glasgow during R&J final solo, but I also noticed and felt the passion coming from the stage and it is one of the most beautiful versions from the tour so far IMO.  Perhaps this has always been the case anyway. :-\

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
He is wearing a black brace on his wrist, but maybe after a part of the show it's getting to hurt anyway. Could cause some shaking because he goes on anyway.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Yes, that could be right. And when you press on, you get a bit shaky.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Love Expresso

Yes I could clearly see his hand shaking when he had the first chat right before Privateering on the first RAH night. I thought that he indeed might be nervous still to talk to an audience...

LE

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Have not noticed. Did the hands shake when playing or only during breaks?

Love Expresso

Oh it was only one little "shake" when he made a little speech. Not too much to think about, won't work it up here. Maybe it was cold at the Hall!  ;D

LE

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Or because of music critics of first rows :)

Love Expresso

Wasn't aware of any "critics" at the first evening... All I saw was Fanboys... and Girls...  :D

LE

OnlineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Wasn't aware of any "critics" at the first evening... All I saw was Fanboys... and Girls...  :D

LE

Yeah, that was what I tried to mean. And what I saw.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

LE

Yeah, that was what I tried to mean. And what I saw.

Maybe he clocked me and was worried about my review on AMIT! :lol

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 45 queries.