Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 27:2013.05.31, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 35190 times)

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
what is it that mark plays during i used to could around the 3:00 mark? i recognise that little loop from ages ago, just cannot put my finger on it.

Same solo as the bug?
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
what is it that mark plays during i used to could around the 3:00 mark? i recognise that little loop from ages ago, just cannot put my finger on it.

WHAHA,

I had the same question too.
I know that some bands (local) plays it before they taking a pause, isn't it a cartoon melody or something.

I have the same with a tune Mark plays during the end solo of Seattle, not so good to hear on this show, but who have the
RAH 27th may stick (or other dates with Seattle) listen  from 4.09min to 4.15min (RAH 27th may stick)

now we have two mysteries :think

The tune in Seattle was "Ferry Across the Mersey".  He played a longer version at the Liverpool gig and there were cheers and applause from the audience!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

WHAHA,

I had the same question too.
I know that some bands (local) plays it before they taking a pause, isn't it a cartoon melody or something.

I have the same with a tune Mark plays during the end solo of Seattle, not so good to hear on this show, but who have the
RAH 27th may stick (or other dates with Seattle) listen  from 4.09min to 4.15min (RAH 27th may stick)

now we have two mysteries :think

The tune in Seattle was "Ferry Across the Mersey".  He played a longer version at the Liverpool gig and there were cheers and applause from the audience!   :)

OFFCOURSE :smack
always simple when you got the answer, but till 5 min. ago it was bothering my mind , what a relief  :lol

thanks Val, appreciated  :clap
Leaving nothing to interfere,
With the crazy balance of your mind.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music

Same solo as the bug?

I couldn't find any video from the 31th, but on this video from 27th, around 3'10-3'20, Mark plays some licks in the same way he did in 91-92 for the Bug, or Gravy Train live 96, and in Eastbound train (live too), aka "the train chord", like explained in Ingo's article

http://www.mk-guitar.com/2008/09/20/the-69-chord-mark-knopflers-train-chord/

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

Same solo as the bug?

I couldn't find any video from the 31th, but on this video from 27th, around 3'10-3'20, Mark plays some licks in the same way he did in 91-92 for the Bug, or Gravy Train live 96, and in Eastbound train (live too), aka "the train chord", like explained in Ingo's article

thanks , but no that isn't what Pottel and I mean.
I have asked some friends , and everybody can fill in the rest of the tune when I stop, but nobody seems to know from what the tune is.
I have search for cartoons like tom and jerry, loony tunes, etc but still haven't found it.
it only happened as far as I know during the 31th RAH May gig , beneath is a stream-link to that song and that tune @ 3.00 min exactly .

http://www.divshare.com/download/24177355-b64

please help Pottel and me out, its killing me by know..... :hmm ::)

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Oh my God, you guys are not kidding -- that is very, very familiar.  I will ask around...
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music

Same solo as the bug?

thanks , but no that isn't what Pottel and I mean.
I have asked some friends , and everybody can fill in the rest of the tune when I stop, but nobody seems to know from what the tune is.
I have search for cartoons like tom and jerry, loony tunes, etc but still haven't found it.
it only happened as far as I know during the 31th RAH May gig , beneath is a stream-link to that song and that tune @ 3.00 min exactly .

please help Pottel and me out, its killing me by know..... :hmm ::)

sorry, can't find what it is

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
Oh my God, you guys are not kidding -- that is very, very familiar.  I will ask around...

well I wasn't ,and knowing Pottel a bit, he neither  ;D

It really drives me nuts, so hopefully we can figure it before I become as crazy as a loon   :P :P :P

note: the riff/tune is not on the you-tube clip above, the clip is from a different date than May 31th.

again: here the share-stream from Use to Could ,31th May Rah gig where Mark plays that tune @ 3.00min.

listen to it on your own risk (it can drive you crazy) :hmm

thx in advance

Love Expresso

"First Call"

?

LE

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
the 331st was full of goodies, the thing he plays in TR around the 10:50 mark is never heard of before either, check it out!!!!!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
that whole song has SSSSOOOOO improved this tour..
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........

"First Call"

?

LE

now I am confused, I mean the notes are not all the same, but some of them match....
you might be close LE with "The first call" although I am not 100% convinced , :think

but its the best so far..........or my brain isn't able to handle it , give me a moment to clear it, I need a third party :hmm :lol
thanks  :thumbsup

OfflineAr (aka Enlight)

• Lady writer
  • WHAT IT IS.........
that whole song has SSSSOOOOO improved this tour..

+1

But when he decides to put in a famous tune I wanna know which it is  , I can't take a pee-break every time it comes around, can I?

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Not fun this .... listened to it a hundred times, really familiar but don't know it  ???
Hopefully someone will know it fast, otherwise sleepless nights

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Sounds a bit like this, which coincidentally is on of the greatest things on YouTube.

"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 40 queries.