Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 26:2013.05.30, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 18610 times)

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
Same set list as yesterday I've been told :)

OfflineCarrionSpy

• Camerado
Just got back from RAH to the hotel. The setlist I think was exact the same lime the last night.

This was my one and only show for this tour and the second in my life. I am excited to have seen MK and band playing and loved sooooo much the show. For sure I cannot judge performances and for me is like a dream what I lived the last hours.

I am thrilled to have met some AMITers and Isaac (at the encores in the front row) they are all very sweet and nice.

I am still dreaming for the next tour....

PS. Vgonis I am bringing back to Greece an MK bag full of goodies! CU soon!
What made you think there'd be a living in sheep?

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
Just got back from RAH to the hotel. The setlist I think was exact the same lime the last night.

This was my one and only show for this tour and the second in my life. I am excited to have seen MK and band playing and loved sooooo much the show. For sure I cannot judge performances and for me is like a dream what I lived the last hours.

I am thrilled to have met some AMITers and Isaac (at the encores in the front row) they are all very sweet and nice.

I am still dreaming for the next tour....

PS. Vgonis I am bringing back to Greece an MK bag full of goodies! CU soon!

I know how you felt. Being in that moment of true bliss even for just 2 hours. It's so worth it.  I don't know how you can manage to see MK for just one show. ??? ??? ??? ???  It's never enough with MK.  Anyway, lucky you vgonis to have a friend that will bring you a goodie bag form the tour. :clap  I'm envious !!!!

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
just back great show.
Can remember the exact setlist but we got idad and seattle for the Ruth spot and Sonny for the sos spot.
Firstly kudos to mkfan club .Although people here poo pooed row 12 in the arena it was fine and we were dead centre so that was good.
Seemed to a few errors here and there and marbletown was not as I remembered .
Now the main point really there seemed to be a buzz of expectation as R and J came to an end which dampend by playing sonny.
Personally i don't particulary care for it anyway but seeing as it was played last night it was not unreasonable to expect it not to be played tonight but for me it was an atmosphere killer.
Anyway it was an enjoyable show nevertheless .

Offlinepjh3121

• Local Hero
1. What it Is
2. Corned beef city
3. Privateering
4. Father & Son
5. Hill farmers blues
6. I dug up a diamond (ruth on guitar)
7. Seattle (Ruth)
8. I used to could (Nigel)
9. Romeo & Juliet (Nigel)
10. Song for Sonny Liston
11. Haul Away
12. Postcards from Paraguay
13. Marbletown
14. Speedway at Nazareth
15. Telegraph Road
16. So far away
17. Shangri-La
18. Going Home

As last night. I agree about Sonny Liston killing the atmosphere for a while. It's turgid and goes on forever. I suspect it's more fun for him to play than for us to listen to.

Also seemed to be some aggravation down the front tonight. Some over zealous younger people (I think from mainland 'Europe') roughly pushing some older people out of the way. One of whom was furious and refused to accept an apology once the lights went up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 02:27:23 AM by pjh3121 »

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
I suspect it's more fun for him to play than for us to listen to.

yes, exactly the dilemma for every musician in the world...

Love Expresso

Some over zealous younger people (I think from mainland 'Europe') roughly pushing some older people out of the way. 

How would you recognize? And why is it relevant where any "pusher" would come from?  :hmm

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I suspect it's more fun for him to play than for us to listen to.
[/quote]
+1.
I don't deny that there are some nice parts of the solo and a great deal of improvision.
Nonetheless, I find this song plain boring and does not appeal the least to me.
And replacing Sultats with SFSL is like replacing **** with **** (I go in self-censorship mode from now on, and will make my posts look like edited set-list questions/remarks on Guy's forum :p )

Love Expresso

Ian has changed a lot in this 2013 version. If you listen to one of them, you will hear that he builds up his drumming. And I love this song that's for sure. LIstening to these really great lyrics is awesome. The solo is breathtaking every time, Bucharest for example, i would say it was the best played track on that night - I know Yon Two Crows was in the set, too, but you could clearly hear that Yon Two Crows needed some more goings to sound really as is should.

LE

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
  Some over zealous younger people (I think from mainland 'Europe') roughly pushing some older people out of the way. 

How would you recognize? And why is it relevant where any "pusher" would come from?  :hmm

LE

There are a couple of people who rush to the front very violently and leave other people no space because of keeping pushing them. I noticed it myself and even had to "rescue" one of our fellowfans from such an idiot. They are most of the times spanish, italian or french. And I think it's good to say where they are from (it's a fact) so maybe fellow members from those countries who we highly respect and like may tell them to behave themselves. Running is ok, being violent is not. If you are on second row standing it's still fine. Our fellowmember I rescued has bruised ribs from it and you all know that hurts.

Love Expresso

I was just reading on FB what Isaac wrote about it and that of course puts things into perspective, Ingrid. I had no idea that you all had already trouble on tuesday (because I left before the encores..) So that is really some bullshit going on there. Sorry to hear that your concerts have been spoiled by these iditos.

LE

Offlinepjh3121

• Local Hero

LE

There are a couple of people who rush to the front very violently and leave other people no space because of keeping pushing them. I noticed it myself and even had to "rescue" one of our fellowfans from such an idiot. They are most of the times spanish, italian or french. And I think it's good to say where they are from (it's a fact) so maybe fellow members from those countries who we highly respect and like may tell them to behave themselves. Running is ok, being violent is not. If you are on second row standing it's still fine. Our fellowmember I rescued has bruised ribs from it and you all know that hurts.

Exactly, and that's why I thought mentioning where they were from was relevant. British people are used to queuing politely and even standing back and saying "after you", not charging forward like they're at the Paloma bull run.

It was clear from the rather frightened man in his 60s that his night had been ruined by the continental surge to the front.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

LE

It reminds me of my first ever concert - Lyon '92, DS on the OES tour.
At this time there was no such things as numbered seats. They were allocated on the spot on a first come first served basis. This, all the more that it was DS heyday, generated huge queues for a very long time. 
My brother and I came 8 hours in advance. 8 hours standing queuing... can't believe I have done that when I was 18, I would not
We got the first row. Well, for 20 minutes. During the "was not was" part, some idiots started to push. They made me suffocate, I nearly fainted, a nice and strong guy managed to push back the idiots for a while. He was screaming: "He needs to breave !". I spent the concert at the back of the venue, as if I had come last minute. My brother managed to survive the front row... and told me later that he even had eye contact with MK !
So I can't say for the Spanish and the Italian, but for the French, sadly, yes, they can misbehave. Although I have never had such cases again in MK concerts. Worse I had was people screaming and talinkg so loud that I was really disturbe and irratated. Nothing violent in Paris Bercy or N

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Ian has changed a lot in this 2013 version. If you listen to one of them, you will hear that he builds up his drumming. And I love this song that's for sure. LIstening to these really great lyrics is awesome. The solo is breathtaking every time, Bucharest for example, i would say it was the best played track on that night - I know Yon Two Crows was in the set, too, but you could clearly hear that Yon Two Crows needed some more goings to sound really as is should.

LE
YTC is great on lubjana.... but now it is dropped :(

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

LE
YTC is great on lubjana.... but now it is dropped :(

I slightly prefer the Sofia version;  some great licks during the lyrics part of the song too.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 45 queries.