Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 23:2013.05.27, Royal Albert Hall, London, UK # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 27187 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Great that night will be sold on USB.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Most certainly one to buy!! So, so glad it was recorded.
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineOld Pigweed

• Guitar George
Excellent show - seems to get better every tour.
Loved Ruth Moody, loved the sax, thought the setlist was great - but how can 2 hours pass so quickly??
KF - great to meet you - enjoy tonight when you'll have no seats to jump over for the encores!
Looking forward to returning on Saturday. 

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Excellent show - seems to get better every tour.
Loved Ruth Moody, loved the sax, thought the setlist was great - but how can 2 hours pass so quickly??
KF - great to meet you - enjoy tonight when you'll have no seats to jump over for the encores!
Looking forward to returning on Saturday.

Old Pigweed, so great to meet you and good to chat. Hope you bought your lithograph ok? - what number did you get? Pm me your email as I got some amazing photos last night if you would like a few copies? Hope you return on the forum and
tell us about Saturdays show!! No leaping over seats required tonight!;-)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:33:55 PM by knopflerfan »

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineOld Pigweed

• Guitar George

I got litho number 219, compares with 373 for the GL litho.  There seemed to be quite a few being sold last night.
PM sent.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:32:55 PM by jbaent »

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Oh very good, a reasonably low numbered litho!! (I have No.177) the guys next to me had No.322... Will email over the next few days once we've got back home tomorrow... Cheers

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Best show of The tour. Great audience, best seats in ages, front row, middle, sweet. Band were in top form, lot's of twiddly bits on sultans and telegraph road.
Nice to see so many old friends. Details tomorrow,
Was the -performance- of TR better than Istanbul ? Better than 2005 ? Better than Alchemy ? I'm most fascinated with good official performances of this legendary song...

Offlinemarky49

• Lady writer

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Great, especially "flying" Mark and Ianto ones. Thanks
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Best show of The tour. Great audience, best seats in ages, front row, middle, sweet. Band were in top form, lot's of twiddly bits on sultans and telegraph road.
Nice to see so many old friends. Details tomorrow,
Just had a chance to see and listen TR on YT.
As far as I can judge from the less-than-average sound recording, the performance is excellent, even better than Isanbul that so far was the best of the tour despite being early, IHMO.

Special mention to Jim Cox, who, for that particular song, does a better job than Matt: although the piano is not intended to be a replacement for a soloing instrument (guitar, or sax in the case of the OES tour), Jim manages to -almost- make me forget about the "karaoke mode". As if he was crying for help: "Hello, Mark ! I'm a bit alone here ! I'm doing my best to do your job, but I'm not a guitarist, just a pianist ! in 96 I had less work to do ! but I'll do it anyway ! here is your energetic solo after "rolling river" ! " :)
So, in that sense, 2013 is better than 2010 and 2008, the best TR since 2005 which remains unmatched I think.

Anyway, I'm glad that this wonderful song (possibly the best he's even written) is still part of the main set, still played after 32 years, and still played well. Wov.

You see, dmg ? You used to say that TR should be dropped in 2013 ! well in 2013 it is (almost) on par with the great 2005 ! :D

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
As if he was crying for help: "Hello, Mark ! I'm a bit alone here ! I'm doing my best to do your job, but I'm not a guitarist, just a pianist ! in 96 I had less work to do ! but I'll do it anyway ! here is your energetic solo after "rolling river" ! " :)

;D ;D ;D

And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
Just had a chance to see and listen TR on YT.
As far as I can judge from the less-than-average sound recording, the performance is excellent, even better than Isanbul that so far was the best of the tour despite being early, IHMO.

Special mention to Jim Cox, who, for that particular song, does a better job than Matt: although the piano is not intended to be a replacement for a soloing instrument (guitar, or sax in the case of the OES tour), Jim manages to -almost- make me forget about the "karaoke mode". As if he was crying for help: "Hello, Mark ! I'm a bit alone here ! I'm doing my best to do your job, but I'm not a guitarist, just a pianist ! in 96 I had less work to do ! but I'll do it anyway ! here is your energetic solo after "rolling river" ! " :)
So, in that sense, 2013 is better than 2010 and 2008, the best TR since 2005 which remains unmatched I think.

Anyway, I'm glad that this wonderful song (possibly the best he's even written) is still part of the main set, still played after 32 years, and still played well. Wov.

You see, dmg ? You used to say that TR should be dropped in 2013 ! well in 2013 it is (almost) on par with the great 2005 ! :D
I found this on YouTube...

It is amazing -- thanks for the mention, herlock!  :)
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 40 queries.