Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark! Please play "Brothers in arms" every night!  (Read 9144 times)

OfflineRoario

• Guitar George
Mark! Please play "Brothers in arms" every night!
« on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:38 PM »
 I'm looking forward to see MK in Stavanger 13th of June. This is a perfect way for me and me wife to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler is among our absolute musical favourites. I can't think of any song in the universe that is more beautiful than "Brothers in arms". So reading the setlist form the tour so far is wearing out my nails and my nerves. So far he has played it 8 out of 18 shows ???. If he choose to skip it in our show, we will be very dissapointed :'( , even though I am sure he will give us a great concert. Anyone else who has the same thought about this epic masterpiece of a song? SO, PLEASE MARK; Put "Brothers in arms" back in your setlists, and don't take it away from them! IF not I am afraid I have to ask you to bring your guitar to our hotelroom and play it for us there. :clap

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
Re: Mark! Please play "Brothers in arms" every night!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:45:57 PM »
Why not lower your expectations instead? Your concert experience cannot depend completely on one song only, and I

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »
Why not lower your expectations instead? Your concert experience cannot depend completely on one song only, and I
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 08:02:36 PM »
I lowered my expectations and didn't expect Sultans to be played in Glasgow.  It wasn't played and I was still disappointed that I missed out.  I suppose this isn't any advice to anyone is it? :hmm
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineRoario

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 09:09:21 PM »

Offlinestratocasteph

• Local Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:21:02 PM »

That's what I'm trying to do, but it's not that easy! And if we say it loud enough, he might hear us.....!
So you've got to tell him during the show. :lol

OfflineRoario

• Guitar George
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »

That's what I'm trying to do, but it's not that easy! And if we say it loud enough, he might hear us.....!
So you've got to tell him during the show. :lol

I will! 8)

Offline3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 10:01:27 PM »
Repeat after me  . . ."PLAY EVERYTHING !" ;D
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 08:46:40 AM »
Expect the unexpected and look what happens:

Bournemouth:
Sultans & Shangri-la - woohooo!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineRune

• Guitar George
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 01:40:58 AM »
I'm totally agree, he MUST play Brothers In Arms in Norway..that was the second most played song of all songs, on Norways biggest radio channel last year!! I'm going to his show in Hamar, and the Bucharest set list would be perfect over here!

Pleeease play Brothers In Arms!! :D

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »
I'm totally agree, he MUST play Brothers In Arms in Norway..that was the second most played song of all songs, on Norways biggest radio channel last year!! I'm going to his show in Hamar, and the Bucharest set list would be perfect over here!

Got to admit it was nice to hear BIA on the second night at the RAH but personally I can take it or leave it these days. I guess there are far more newer - fresher songs/tunes available?

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »

Got to admit it was nice to hear BIA on the second night at the RAH but personally I can take it or leave it these days. I guess there are far more newer - fresher songs/tunes available?

I am more eager to get Sultans back in more regularly, but a BIA now and then is also good

OfflineMaxx

• Camerado
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »
Unfortunately for you BIA was played yesterday in Norway. The chances are probably not that grand for tonights show.

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
Must be honest this is the one song i would have liked to hear on the last night at the RAH. Would have preferred it to SFA in the encores but that's just me being picky. ;D

For my first time visit to the RAH i decided to try and avoid a lot of the topics on here and elsewhere to try and go into the concert not knowing what songs to expect. Was quite difficult trying to read Isaac's blog,Richard and Guy's diaries without finding out songs that were being played but i managed pretty well. ;D
Was a great success and enjoyed every second of it.The RAH, i think, really is the place to watch such a talented band of musicians led by the master.Watching him somehwere else after this will never seem quite the same i think.
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:14 AM »
Must be honest this is the one song i would have liked to hear on the last night at the RAH. Would have preferred it to SFA in the encores but that's just me being picky. ;D

For my first time visit to the RAH i decided to try and avoid a lot of the topics on here and elsewhere to try and go into the concert not knowing what songs to expect. Was quite difficult trying to read Isaac's blog,Richard and Guy's diaries without finding out songs that were being played but i managed pretty well. ;D
Was a great success and enjoyed every second of it.The RAH, i think, really is the place to watch such a talented band of musicians led by the master.Watching him somehwere else after this will never seem quite the same i think.

Totally agree with the comment about the RAH.
After seeing the master for two nights at the RAH this tour we have decided that if MK were to tour again (and hopefully he will) we will still do our local gig here in Bournemouth and then we would then do all the nights at the RAH as we feel this is the ultimate venue to hear MK and the band!! and also to meet up with fellow AMITers too!! ;)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 39 queries.