Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 08:2013.05.05, Arena Zagreb, Zagreb, HR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 44326 times)

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
Re: Concert # 08:2013.05.05, Arena Zagreb, Zagreb, HR # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2013, 11:39:12 PM »
Reading all this there is one thing that also really botters me. More frustrating.
How much i love the music of MK he realy has a hand of not playing the best songs of his albums in concert.
Now i am only talking about solo albums. In my opinion songs like Golden Heart, Silvertown Blues, We can get wild, In the Sky, So far from the Clyde, The Submariner, are truly beautifull. Some have been played( i believe only GH) have been played live but that is many many years ago.
Will the others who i think are the best songs of the albums and i think some of you will agree, will we ever have those  songs on a concert..
I also was surprised and happy to read that 5.15 AM was played. That one was also on my list.
Dont get me wrong, again i love his music, will go to concerts but i often think he's not playing his most beautifull songs of his solo albums....

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Reading all this there is one thing that also really botters me. More frustrating.
How much i love the music of MK he realy has a hand of not playing the best songs of his albums in concert.
Now i am only talking about solo albums. In my opinion songs like Golden Heart, Silvertown Blues, We can get wild, In the Sky, So far from the Clyde, The Submariner, are truly beautifull. Some have been played( i believe only GH) have been played live but that is many many years ago.
Will the others who i think are the best songs of the albums and i think some of you will agree, will we ever have those  songs on a concert..
I also was surprised and happy to read that 5.15 AM was played. That one was also on my list.
Dont get me wrong, again i love his music, will go to concerts but i often think he's not playing his most beautifull songs of his solo albums....
Yes, I agree because I also like the songs you mention above, but again it is highly subjective  :) I would also love to hear f.ex Devil Baby, Im the fool, Darling Pretty, The Fizzy and The Still etc. Nevertheless, I think it is cool too express ones opinions even though we cant do sh** about what the great MK chooses to play. I mean what else could be discussed in a forum besides subjective opinions..would be highly uninteresting if you ask me :)

Offlinezeta

• Guitar George
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2013, 11:54:02 PM »
In my opinion songs like Golden Heart, Silvertown Blues, We can get wild, In the Sky, So far from the Clyde, The Submariner, are truly beautifull. Some have been played( i believe only GH) have been played live but that is many many years ago.

Hell yeah! But talking about SOS, so sad that he pulled it out from the set, but if Mark "tired" of playing Sultans - he must choose another epic DS song. For my opinion it can be 'On Every Street', 'Your Latest Trick' or MFN (why not?!)

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2013, 11:58:08 PM »
In my opinion songs like Golden Heart, Silvertown Blues, We can get wild, In the Sky, So far from the Clyde, The Submariner, are truly beautifull. Some have been played( i believe only GH) have been played live but that is many many years ago.

Hell yeah! But talking about SOS, so sad that he pulled it out from the set, but if Mark "tired" of playing Sultans - he must choose another epic DS song. For my opinion it can be 'On Every Street', 'Your Latest Trick' or MFN (why not?!)
I think Guy also said recently that they are not tired of any of the songs they play, so lets hope this is not a permanent decision and that SOS is back tomorrow! :)

Offlinejabbathehut

• Camerado
« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2013, 12:36:45 AM »
i don't think guy would ever admit that they are tired about this or that as they are putting on a show that people have paid to see and it would indicate that they are not putting 100% into it-and they do put 100% into it although they could play a couple of more songs each night.
My take is that he see the DS songs as a monkey on his back and has played them only to fill halls and that there will be some audience recognition.
To me its totally strange that he didn't play songs from albums on the tour but plays them many tours later.Makes no sense.
On this tour the amount of changes is unprecidented and i think a response to what the people who buy his albums want.
If he was really interested in playing DS songs he would rotate them with other DS songs -something that is not happening.
So for me its all good.I am only going to one show at the RAH although i am trying to fit another one in and there will be a great sense of anticipation,much greater than previously.
So for me its all good.There are no songs that have to be played every night.Its a  Priviteering tour not a DS tour.

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2013, 01:32:06 AM »
i don't think guy would ever admit that they are tired about this or that as they are putting on a show that people have paid to see and it would indicate that they are not putting 100% into it-and they do put 100% into it although they could play a couple of more songs each night.
That is probably true, that said, MK has not seemed tired of the old songs this tour, seems they have renewed energy and enthusiasm, thats why it is a bit strange to me
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 01:35:34 AM by dannr1 »

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2013, 03:56:50 AM »
I love reading and participating in the discussions here and to see different fans' points of view.

However, what bothers me - and I wrote it before - is the disrespect towards the artist all here pretend to be fans of.
If his songs are so dull and poor, then how come you think he has class in songwriting?
And if his concerts are so bad, then how come you think he has class in performing?

Just for the record:
He earned the big money long ago and he earned it in every way!
He can afford to do or not to do what he likes.
He doesn't tour for money any more.
He doesn't owe anybody anything.
The very least his fans.

(Someone wrote something similar recently about what attitude a fan can have... Don't remember who and where. Too many posts recently to follow...
Jbaent maybe? Anyway, it cheered me up very much.)

Last but not least: the "older" fans aren't necessarily tired of the old songs.
But they have maybe accompanied MK's development and appreciate his solo work as something not so dull...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 04:05:02 AM by man on a track »
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2013, 05:39:19 AM »
Well said, moat. I would be  more than happy to attend even one of these concerts just to breathe the same air... no to mention all the highest level emotions that I always have whenever experiencing MK live. Can't do it this time.

By the way, moat, our signatures say it all! :)
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »
By the way, moat, our signatures say it all! :)
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :)

Sorry you can't come over this tour :(
Would also have been nice to meet... ;)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:15:27 AM by man on a track »
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »
Last but not least: the "older" fans aren't necessarily tired of the old songs.
But they have maybe accompanied MK's development and appreciate his solo work as something not so dull...
[/quote]
As you are setting this in context with my question/statement above; dont remember me saying anything about dull anywhere MOAT? That came from someone else in one of the threads just to make that clear..! I for one do not find it dull at all, I just never had the opportunity to experience DS and my quota of certain songs is therefore not filled up..easy as that. For the record I do not remember anyone expressing directly that MKs concerts are bad and that all his songs are dull and poor.. I think you take things a bit out of context and read too much into it here..

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »
dannr, it was a reply to knopfler83 with some generalization and my own point of view ;)
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »
dannr, it was a reply to knopfler83 with some generalization and my own point of view ;)
Aha, Im with you, dont want you to misunderstand me here ;)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2013, 10:29:53 AM »
Mark plays what he likes, regardless if they are from the old days or not. There are no difference between a DS song or a solo song, he wrote them all, they are just song written at different time of his life. Over the years he still find joy to perform some and not some others.

The other thing is shorter is the show the more complicated is to establish a setlist (especially when some of the songs clock over the ten minutes long).

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:36:14 AM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2013, 10:39:09 AM »

(Someone wrote something similar recently about what attitude a fan can have... Don't remember who and where....

maybe this?

....there is people who by the mere fact of being a fan claims by the artist as if it was his right. the "job" of the fan is to give, not to ask. one becomes a fan not as a favor to the artist but to satisfy his own need. demanding has nothing to do with being a fan since the artist doesn't "owe" anything. certainly he can do something to please the fans but this is not his duty

.....the fan has the right to comment, to criticize, to complain ..... and then, to stop going to concerts, to stop buying albums,.....until to stop being a fan, without prior notice and without having to send a cancellation   

of course it's just my way of looking at a fan and is not necessarily valid for all.

There are so many moments and so many activities of daily life that make us angry or that bring us bad mood. if we are able to keep out the music from all this, we gain  ;)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2013, 11:03:24 AM »
I fully agree with your quote from April 28, 2013, 09:18:29 AM.

But we have passion and we are wishfull to get some songs that says something to us.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 39 queries.