Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Lot's happening with The Straits...  (Read 40726 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Re: Lot's happening with The Straits...
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2014, 01:24:49 AM »
Now its time to start a campaign to collect money and sue them all...

:smack

Ps/ dire straits its a dead band that doesnt exists anymore so, yes, the straits are "an extension" or a continuation of it, as they are ex musicians of the original band.

I hope you are capable to understand that an extension or continuation doesnt mean they are the same band, but something that came from the original. Arent you
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:35:24 AM by jbaent »
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2014, 09:36:11 AM »
It would have been much more honest if the programme had shown us The Straits performing with their own sound, instead of that of the real DS.  It was completely misleading and I agree with junkiedoll - this was unacceptable and Alan and Chris must have been aware of the video and also being described as "The Dire Straits".   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2014, 12:45:04 PM »
It would have been much more honest if the programme had shown us The Straits performing with their own sound, instead of that of the real DS.  It was completely misleading and I agree with junkiedoll - this was unacceptable and Alan and Chris must have been aware of the video and also being described as "The Dire Straits".

I am sure that Alan and Chris only did the interview and probably they didnt watch the final video. Its 100% fault of the people from tv.
So Long

Offlineriton

• Guitar George
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »
This interview is really a shame; to be introduced like DS with Alchemy in background ! they re not and will be never DS

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
This interview is really a shame; to be introduced like DS with Alchemy in background ! they re not and will be never DS

Some journalists are crap, thats for sure.
So Long

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2014, 06:58:02 PM »
I just had a brainwave, jbaent!    You must be The Straits manager!  Why didn't I think of that before!  :think     :smack
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
I just had a brainwave, jbaent!    You must be The Straits manager!  Why didn't I think of that before!  :think     :smack

I thought that was PC?  Have you noticed that Mark and TS never tour at the same time... :think
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2014, 08:14:39 PM »

I thought that was PC?  Have you noticed that Mark and TS never tour at the same time... :think

Are you serious? How do you come on such an idea? Of course not, their manager is Tom Cleary, as given on their webpage. And also they toured at the same time during the Privateering tour.

Don

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2014, 08:18:49 PM »

Are you serious? How do you come on such an idea? Of course not, their manager is Tom Cleary, as given on their webpage. And also they toured at the same time during the Privateering tour.

Don
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2014, 08:39:38 PM »

No.  Only said in jest. :)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2014, 11:13:22 PM »

Don
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:17:00 PM by jbaent »
So Long

OfflineJules

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2014, 11:30:11 PM »
Just to clarify it. Every Mk's fart smell like roses and everything else smells like shit.

Isnt it?

I am tired of all this hate. I used to enjoy this forum before this turn into a persecution against everything that doesn't smell like Mk's farts.

I hope you really enjoy your hate. I find it disgusting.

Good bye. Friends know where to find me.
So Long

Offlinevgonis

• Juliet
  • They waited for an hour and then nothing happened
    • greece in dire straits, life in greece
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
Man, don't let it bring you down. They are just voicing their opinion. IMO, this is just a waste of time after the point where we all spoke our minds. No one is convincing no one. Everybody just weights his opinion more than the others. I refrained from writing many times, in order not to feed this series of monologues with more fuel. Do the same. No need to convince anybody. Have a good night and we will talk again tomorrow on another thread.   :D
Come on, it is not funny anymore.

Offlinethe visitor

• Camerado
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2014, 12:38:17 AM »
I like the Straits, as I have said before. To call them a tribute band is demeaning - as is filing threads on the band under the title 'Almost Straits'.  Alan clearly had a major input into constructing songs from the On Location tour onwards, so it's not well founded for people to suggest he's exploiting the history of Dire Straits and putting the band in the same camp as your down the road pub band with a walk of life backing track. 

Just because MK has managed to claim the writing credits for every song doesn't necessarily mean he wrote each and every aspect of those songs.

So yes, the Straits as the band they are have every right to use that name, which after all is not Dire Straits.  People with a shred of common sense will be able to tell they aren't going to see Dire Straits when they buy a ticket for a concert.  And to return to the original title of this thread, i'm glad lots is happening with the Straits.

Just an opinion. 

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2014, 08:29:17 AM »
jbaent, I'm so sorry if my post upset you, it wasn't my intention, only said to lighten the atmosphere, which plainly it did not.  I apologise and hope you forgive me.  :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 39 queries.