Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Lot's happening with The Straits...  (Read 40755 times)

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
Re: Lot's happening with The Straits...
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
"We play most of the songs that people are starved to hear, songs that mean so much to them," he said. "But when I put this band together, I had no intention of being a cover band. I view this as an extension, a continuation of Dire Straits." Alan Clark

http://www.marinij.com/rss/ci_25338726?source=rss

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »
"We play most of the songs that people are starved to hear, songs that mean so much to them," he said. "But when I put this band together, I had no intention of being a cover band. I view this as an extension, a continuation of Dire Straits." Alan Clark

http://www.marinij.com/rss/ci_25338726?source=rss

Their repertoire is finite though!   ;)

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
Obviously Alan views Dire Straits as his band. Personally, I don't agree with him!

foma

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2014, 05:30:16 PM »
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:34:13 PM by foma »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2014, 05:43:26 PM »
MK will still be writing wonderful songs and performing them, long after "The Straits" have bored people with the same old stuff!  It's a dead-end job! 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2014, 11:35:01 PM »
MK will still be writing wonderful songs and performing them, long after "The Straits" have bored people with the same old stuff!  It's a dead-end job!

Totally agree with you superval! And maybe there will come a reunion with MK, no one knows. As long as there are plans for touring and a new album I am much more excited about that!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineGolden Art

• Guitar George
    • Vision Guitars
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
I saw The Straits last month in Bradford and i have to say they were brilliant, i left the show smiling after meeting Alan and Chris and were buzzing about the whole show for days. . . . I havent had that feeling after seeing a MK show since 1996.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2014, 07:33:49 PM »
I saw The Straits last month in Bradford and i have to say they were brilliant, i left the show smiling after meeting Alan and Chris and were buzzing about the whole show for days. . . . I havent had that feeling after seeing a MK show since 1996.

I think it's the songs that really get people going in the audience and the atmosphere is what stays with you after the gig.  Also if there is good energy from the stage, then that transfers to the audience.  Recently, Mark's shows have been getting slower paced due to the new songs with less energy and with the inclusion of songs that some audience members won't even know then it's no surprise that there's little buzz from Mark's shows these days.  How many songs these days really get you off your feet apart from TR?
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
In my case, when I look at the left and saw Alan Clark playing those keyboards parts that were so important parts of the songs of my life... That was magic.
So Long

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »
Recently, Mark's shows have been getting slower paced due to the new songs with less energy and with the inclusion of songs that some audience members won't even know then it's no surprise that there's little buzz from Mark's shows these days. 
You know, last summer I took my friend along with me to the gig. She's never seen MK before and had a faint idea of him and his music at all. We just had a rest there, where the concert took place.
She was highly elated over that show and liked everything in general, but namely Marbletown became a real revelation to her, she was just fascinated by the playing of guys. And it was by no means boring, quite the contrary, - superbly.
Such is the opinion of unbiased spectator.

Offlinejunkiedoll

• Camerado
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 11:09:15 AM »

And what does this (subjective) observation have to do with the devastating, even cruel, statements of Clark??
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:11:31 AM by junkiedoll »

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2014, 11:23:47 AM »
Recently, Mark's shows have been getting slower paced due to the new songs with less energy and with the inclusion of songs that some audience members won't even know then it's no surprise that there's little buzz from Mark's shows these days. 
You know, last summer I took my friend along with me to the gig. She's never seen MK before and had a faint idea of him and his music at all. We just had a rest there, where the concert took place.
She was highly elated over that show and liked everything in general, but namely Marbletown became a real revelation to her, she was just fascinated by the playing of guys. And it was by no means boring, quite the contrary, - superbly.
Such is the opinion of unbiased spectator.

I, also, took people to see some of MK's gigs, one in 2010 and the other in 2013.  In both cases they had never seen an MK show before and both were blown away by the musicianship throughout, especially Marbletown.

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2014, 11:37:34 AM »

And what does this (subjective) observation have to do with the devastating, even cruel, statements of Clark??

Just one of the reasons that I will never attend a Straits concert! 

From the very first time I ever heard MK's voice and guitar, it meant everything to me, so if he's not there, it means nothing.  It was always about MK!

Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

foma

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:41:31 PM by foma »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 43 queries.