Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 05:2013.05.02, Parcolimpico, Turin, IT # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 69848 times)

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Concert # 05:2013.05.02, Parcolimpico, Turin, IT # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2013, 10:54:12 AM »
My favorite kingdom will always be "kingdom come"

No, you're not the only one who finds the chorus endlessly boring!

And I love Kingdom Come too. :thumbsup
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2013, 11:37:27 AM »
Great setlist! This is definitely Mark's best tour.

yes, it seems...

why am I so unlucky ?

each time Mark plays a wonderful tour with lot of surprises in the setlist, I can't go see him. last time was for the KTGC tour, and now this tour....
and when I can go see him, like in 2005 or 2010...well it's ok, but not as nice as such videos I see every day from 1 week ago..

Mark has something against me ? :hmm :lol :lol :smack

you lucky guys, enjoy it :)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2013, 01:15:56 PM »
Kingdom of gold final solo !
More videos on my Youtube channel !

I love it!  Thanks for the videos.  I'll see you on youtube :).   I have a feeling that the Kingdom of Gold solo is going to evolve over time. 
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »

Here's my theory for why this tour is a cut above. Although seeing Mark and band in North America last fall was great for me, even as I sat at the concerts, I had concerns about how enjoyable it was for them. Inappropriate and undersold venues, late, late sound checks (when I walked into the Madison venue, the first thing I heard was KOG and, at first, I thought it was a recording but then realized that they were still sound checking just minutes before letting us in!) and, then of course, Bob's lack of camraderie as reported by Guy. All in all, it probably makes MK very grateful for what he has on tour this time around and it shows in his renewed enthusiasm.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
I've found another version of Gator Blood. On this one you can clearly see Guy playing harmonica.

If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Love Expresso

« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2013, 08:41:14 PM »
Kingdom of Gold never did it to me. I don't like the album version very much and think the solo live on stage is just a nice try to enhance the song, but somehow it still doesn't work for me. (Whole other story with Yon Two Crows: Total other song live, he really builds up and gets angrier and angrier, starting with a deep humming voice, ending in a heavy guitar chaos so to say.) I would say YTC is really developing live, whereas KOG is somehow just a try to get something more out of it. But maybe I don't understand the song at all.

Talking about repititon: I know BEFORE GAS & TV is not liked very much in general among AMITERS, and that one is definitely repetitive, but is a MASTERPIECE compared to KOG, alone the lyrics are a whole other dimension of greatness.

If there is one wish that I could have (ok, two) for this tour: BEFORE GAS & TV and SO FAR FROM THE CLYDE. Now that we have  5.15 am, Gator Blood, and some others, I am perfectly happy, almost.

LE 

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »
before gas and TV i love a lot!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2013, 11:04:42 PM »
Kingdom of Gold never did it to me. I don't like the album version very much and think the solo live on stage is just a nice try to enhance the song, but somehow it still doesn't work for me. (Whole other story with Yon Two Crows: Total other song live, he really builds up and gets angrier and angrier, starting with a deep humming voice, ending in a heavy guitar chaos so to say.) I would say YTC is really developing live, whereas KOG is somehow just a try to get something more out of it. But maybe I don't understand the song at all.

I love the song
on studio version, I love the dramatic atmoshpere brought by background vocals
live, I find the solo very tasteful

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2013, 11:32:41 PM »

I love the song
on studio version, I love the dramatic atmoshpere brought by background vocals
live, I find the solo very tasteful
+10

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2013, 06:47:14 AM »
Am I the only one who finds the kingdom chorus endlessly boring? And that solo is not finished yet, somehow leads to nowhere....

YES!!!! you're the only one !! (just kidding)   ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D  I think it's beautiful . Although it might sound like it's leading nowhere, and somehow abruptly ended, it does have that melancholic feel to it, which makes it sound quite sensational to hear. Just my opinion. :)

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2013, 07:01:46 AM »

Talking about repititon: I know BEFORE GAS & TV is not liked very much in general among AMITERS, and that one is definitely repetitive, but is a MASTERPIECE compared to KOG, alone the lyrics are a whole other dimension of greatness.

If there is one wish that I could have (ok, two) for this tour: BEFORE GAS & TV and SO FAR FROM THE CLYDE. Now that we have  5.15 am, Gator Blood, and some others, I am perfectly happy, almost.

LE

For us fans who appreciate many many of Mark's songs, there are some songs that won't do well performing live.  And I think Before Gas & TV is one of them.  It's a beautiful song, but just not upbeat enough.  On the other hand, So Far from the Clyde will be a nice song to hear live.  I still hope he would play Bluebird and GO Love.  I love them both very much !!!! :)

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »

Here's my theory for why this tour is a cut above. Although seeing Mark and band in North America last fall was great for me, even as I sat at the concerts, I had concerns about how enjoyable it was for them. Inappropriate and undersold venues, late, late sound checks (when I walked into the Madison venue, the first thing I heard was KOG and, at first, I thought it was a recording but then realized that they were still sound checking just minutes before letting us in!) and, then of course, Bob's lack of camraderie as reported by Guy. All in all, it probably makes MK very grateful for what he has on tour this time around and it shows in his renewed enthusiasm.

Yes, I agree with you. You can clearly see that Mark is very happy to be doing this. And that's what really matters because it makes the shows a truly wonderful thing to experience.

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2013, 06:55:52 PM »
Indeed. An engaged, enthusiastic MK is an awe-inspiring force!!  ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2013, 08:41:26 PM »
I'd give that one a C-.  Must try harder!  Maybe the worst one I've heard actually. :-[

The following night in Milan had a great final solo as well...
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2013, 08:45:48 PM »
I'd give that one a C-.  Must try harder!  Maybe the worst one I've heard actually. :-[

The following night in Milan had a great final solo as well...

C- is rather generous for this effort!    In fact I have not heard any TR on this tour that is anywhere near as good as the ones from 2010!   ::)    I would rather he drop TR and bring back Sultans!   ;)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 41 queries.