Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 87278 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
As we say in French: "on se calme et on boit frais

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
A friend that came with me to Belgrade, only knew a few DS hits and couldn't even pronounce Mark's full name right, but when Marbletown started he couldn't believe what he was listening to. He had his eyes filled with tears. I'm talking about a guy that probably went there to listen to Sultans of Swing and Brothers in Arms, but in the end got much more than that. An experience to be treasured in memory for years to come!

I totally understand your friend's "Come to Mark" moment  ...I got to hear MK play Marbletown twice last year, and LOVED it!!!  (Even though it's not one of my faves from the album...)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 09:32:23 AM by Lis »
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
The post in Serbian portal announcing the gig http://www.telegraf.rs/jetset/676233-mark-nofler-veceras-u-areni-video

And if it isn't perfectly and hilariously ironic; might be funny, because at the and it says: "Here you can see how he's played SOS in Bucharest"  ;D

LOL They should add "And cry, because you'll wont see it"  :-*

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
A friend that came with me to Belgrade, only knew a few DS hits and couldn't even pronounce Mark's full name right, but when Marbletown started he couldn't believe what he was listening to. He had his eyes filled with tears. I'm talking about a guy that probably went there to listen to Sultans of Swing and Brothers in Arms, but in the end got much more than that. An experience to be treasured in memory for years to come!

I totally understand your friend's "Come to Mark" moment  ...I got to hear MK play Marbletown twice last year, and LOVED it!!!  (Even though it's not one of my album faves...)
Sure, but on one person delighted by new discoveries, are at least tens with "this would be my first and the last MK's concert....u fool me once and such".

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...

I totally understand your friend's "Come to Mark" moment  ...I got to hear MK play Marbletown twice last year, and LOVED it!!!  (Even though it's not one of my album faves...)
Sure, but on one person delighted by new discoveries, are at least tens with "this would be my first and the last MK's concert....u fool me once and such".

Well in that case I'd say to those other people to get a new set pair of ears. You cannot deny that it was a good show. It wasn't easy for me (an Albanian) to take a 350km journey to Belgrade, which is the heart of a country we've been in war with only 14 years ago, just to attend a concert. But was it worth it? Hell yes!

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.

Well in that case I'd say to those other people to get a new set pair of ears. You cannot deny that it was a good show. It wasn't easy for me (an Albanian) to take a 350km journey to Belgrade, which is the heart of a country we've been in war with only 14 years ago, just to attend a concert. But was it worth it? Hell yes!
:thumbsup
So cool!!!
 :wave
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineSamGolden

• Camerado
    • Dire Straits and Mark KNopfler Artwork
Listen to "Miss You Blues".... What a beautiful atmosphere with this great song!!! The voice of MK is so sweet....
BRAVO!!!

Love Expresso

Re: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »
He swapped (or messed up?) the lyrics of Privateering at the Belgrade show, anyone noticed? The fourth verse ("Britannia needs.." ) is played first, then later the third ("Look here there's my Privateer she's small but...") 

LE
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 12:02:52 PM by Love Expresso »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2013, 12:51:10 PM »
Funny, I'd never have noticed!  I did notice that he completely lost the lyrics of R
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 41 queries.