Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 87296 times)

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
was not too impressed by the 5:15am rendition, but i too believe the sound on that vid was not representing the sound as heard in the hall.
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinesweetsurrender

• Romeo
I had a better view when filming this part of What it is since there were many people who couldn't find their seats and just decided to stay there :D . This was until the security made us move on the back.

I always loved this from Seeing in the Dark documentary, heard it in Amsterdam before he played Donegan and was very happy to hear it again but this time before a different song. Miss You Blues.

Thanks for the videos,  I can't for the life of me understand why people would be talking during the performance.  >:( :hmm  It's hecka annoying !!!!

I'm glad Mark takes a step forward by experimenting with some new songs, really cool !  :thumbsup :clap   Next one should be Silvertown Blues !!!!

5:15 am never my favorite, I'm glad to hear it live though.  Hope " the fish and the bird"  doesn't swim or fly back into the set. :)

OfflineMossguitar

• Lady writer
There you go!  ;D

Ah, great version!! I hope it stays in the set! :)

About the fighting: Almost the same thing happened some tours ago, don't you remembe? MK suddenly started to change things around a bit, and hell almost broke loose here. I guess MK's music really means something to us.. ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:36:32 PM by Mossguitar »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
To me 5:15am builds up without actually coming to anything and the structure is a bit different from the norm - it's a bit of a nonconformist.  I think it's okay but only because it's a little different!  Nothing more than okay though and the live version sounds pretty similar to the album one, with a less powerful guitar tone.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
To me 5:15am builds up without actually coming to anything and the structure is a bit different from the norm - it's a bit of a nonconformist.  I think it's okay but only because it's a little different!  Nothing more than okay though and the live version sounds pretty similar to the album one, with a less powerful guitar tone.
Aren't we judging based on a version that is not complete ?? the video stops abruptly in the middle of a verse, maybe there is a great guitar solo after that ???

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Aren't we judging based on a version that is not complete ?? the video stops abruptly in the middle of a verse, maybe there is a great guitar solo after that ???

I was referring (initially) to the album one. :)

Maybe there is an end solo...
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

I was referring (initially) to the album one. :)

Maybe there is an end solo...
Ah ok :) Actually I agree with you on 5.15am, it is a bit strange, quite okay, but nothing more than that.
I always struggled to like Shangri-La, as much as I tried with good will. It is not bad per say, but I find it desperatly cold, little emotion in it. The single "Boom, like that" does the job, but does not thrill me like "What it is" or "Border Reiver". Only exception being Postcards, I really love it... so, when do I get to hear it ?? :)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
In Richard's 'Notes from the Road', he says that the band is really enjoying mixing up the set.  I imagine playing new songs adds a bit of excitement and challenge for them. :clap
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
was not online couple of month, ... but following all this posts here ... so much complaining, so here is my stuff:

1. energy of the live music is best since years
2. the sticks are a great thing, i got Istanbul and Bukarest and it

Love Expresso

Hey,

nice and short resum

OfflineMisterYES

• Local Hero
Hm...

Guy says that band or Mark not being bored by any old tune. OK. Than what it is?

Do not get me wrong, I love MK solo stuff. If not more than DS, surely equally. And definitely I can confirm that there are many many solo songs which are better than many DS songs.

And actually I would not mind if he decide to not play any of DS songs at all on last tour. But to stick with that completely. Or if MK want to discard SOS? No probs at all, but discard SOS for all cities, not just for some:hmm
Because when you discard SOS just in some cities, people can rightfully ask why? Do not fool ourselves here, SOS are No1 milestone for 90% + fans. I'd like to be surprised by any other song from solo albums and changing the setlist more that ever was welcomed idea for me, but ...I dunno; Sultans are just Sultans (no matter of who the drummer is and how he plays it).
When I saw on UTube some my all time favorites being played in some venues, I'd get that lovely thrill of not knowing will they be played in Zagreb too, but in the same time, I'd still equally love to go there, because of knowing, whatever he plays, the concert would be great in general because of SOS is in the middle of it. But now when I got "thrill" of knowing that SOS can be also be missed?  :'(  :disbelief It's not it any more... thank God at least I can prepare myself emotionally because the ticket is not so cheap to not go there at all, but I cannot imagine how would I felt with "No SOS surprise" right on the concert. Can it be even called a surprise for anybody? Or even "a pleasant" surprise? Is there a single person out there who would say "Hey what a lovely surprise! SOS was out tonight!???

As I wrote in the beginning what I think about solo albums, that stands, but, in the same time, I surely hope for SOS in Zagreb, and also I'm not the only one who will drive 6+ hours in one direction only to hear the tune. If MK comes to my town, and I can go to gig by taxi; it surely "hurts" much less to not hear SOS, instead of long long drive and than not to hear it. What about that types of fans?
Some said on GF forum that Clapton did not play Layla on last tour. Sure, but he's not played Layla at all - Am I silly for seeing that difference as I do?  :think

Also, Is really OK for anybody to "attack" some of us who comment on UTube clips regarding the secrecy of setlist? I mean, when it's on UTube - it's out there.
You cannot forbid people to rec. and share. I'm intrigued by that type of secrecy once the tour starts and we are in year of 2013... ::)

Cheers to all  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:28:22 PM by MisterYES »

Offlineanother brother

• Local Hero
I

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado

I'm sure that Sultans is back tonight. Why should he disappoint his Italian fans  :wave
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
Also nice to hear something different instead. I am really excited now. It changes all the time, so it's nice that you don't know what to expect :D Why are the days so slow? Can't wait ..can't wait .. can't wait ... counting down ... 8 days to go  :)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
was not online couple of month, ... but following all this posts here ... so much complaining, so here is my stuff:

1. energy of the live music is best since years
2. the sticks are a great thing, i got Istanbul and Bukarest and it

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 41 queries.