Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 87344 times)

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
THANK YOU!
So Long

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
It surely was a surprise for me when he started playing it. I agree that the song needs more guitar in it. It didn't sound bad at the concert though.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I remember when I first heard Speedway played live and I was really disappointed, but look what it's become now - a firm favourite!  So I think with time and some tweeks here and there, it will improve a lot with more playing!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineGennT

• Camerado
  • Where them chilly winds don't blow...
THANK YOU!

You're welcome! :)

Thanks everyone for being patient btw. I had a 7 hour bus ride back home and I'm exhausted. I took a few more videos, but my camera started over-heating and it would turn off in the middle of a song. I'll try to upload the other ones and maybe write a review or something. :D

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Nice! Thank you! Yes we were patient, too busy with other stuff this afternoon  :smack :lol
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Love Expresso

I agree. It sounds like a first try, which it was! But Mark playing only rhythm and Richard the solo is unusal. I guess it would grow after a frew more evenings... Great however that we had our man over there recording this unique event! Thank you very much GennT. Just imagine, if we had heard the news an no video.....  :)

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
More songs! around 20 minutes! There is the intro to Donegan's Gone (2010), (Dark was the Night, Cold was the ground) followed by miss you blues! Awsome! :clap :clap

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:28:58 PM by Dutchessy »

Love Expresso

After two more listenings this live version of my favourite starts to grow on me already. Mark is singing very good imho.
And I would bet that the people at the Newcastle show will have this one in the set. So maybe I wait for some more shows before ordering this stick only because of this song! They may play at some more occasions!

LE

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
I agree. It sounds like a first try, which it was! But Mark playing only rhythm and Richard the solo is unusal. I guess it would grow after a frew more evenings... Great however that we had our man over there recording this unique event! Thank you very much GennT. Just imagine, if we had heard the news an no video.....  :)

LE

Yes, like seattle... There is no video of that one?

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Thanks for posting the clips everyone, looks like Mark is playing his red strat more this time, which is good in my view :) It's amazing he played 5;15am too.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Love Expresso

Miss You Blues for me still doesn't work - it is too slow and sleepy compared to the album version. And shouldn't it be vice versa? Nice idea to surprise the people after that intro though. I like the fact that you can obviously expect some surprises during this tour.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Miss You Blues for me still doesn't work - it is too slow and sleepy compared to the album version. And shouldn't it be vice versa? Nice idea to surprise the people after that intro though. I like the fact that you can obviously expect some surprises during this tour.

LE

Everything sounded a bit weak and turgid on that video!  I think it had something to do with the sound, because Privateering and R&J sounded fine on another video clip!   :hmm
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

LE

Everything sounded a bit weak and turgid on that video!  I think it had something to do with the sound, because Privateering and R&J sounded fine on another video clip!   :hmm

Yes, the sound isn't very good on that video. But better than no video/sound ;)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

LE

Yes, the sound isn't very good on that video. But better than no video/sound ;)

Yes, definitely!   Everything is welcome!     :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
R&J sounds rather nice this tour, as do the new Privateering songs;  they sound more polished than they did last year and played with far more energy and enthusiasm.  Good to see.

MYB was never a fav of mine anyway but it is lacklustre live, I agree.
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 45 queries.