Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 87367 times)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
I won't comment too much before giving them a chance to see it live but I don't have good feelings about the setlist changes.
From the begining it misses one killer song to be played every night in the first third of the show : crows, BR, KOG, Coyote. Anyone is ok.
Rocking songs are kicked out and repleaced by ....  :thumbsdown

What's next ? If he removes M, TR and HFB there's nothing  left  :disbelief

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Just turned on my computer and was delighted to see the beautiful 5.15am was played, BUT really sad to see it was instead of SOS!   It's one step forward and three steps back imo!   I'm all for shaking up the setlists, but other more boring songs could have been replaced instead of SOS, which has been played magnificently so far!    Feeling a bit sad!  :'(    Hope it's back for my concerts!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
I've had a strange dream this night. It was a MK concert that I attended with my brother. It was his first MK gig and we had a lovely time. In the middle of the fantastic Romeo And Juliet, we could feel the adrenalin getting higher. We knew that the climax of the evening was really close now. Based on a lot of videos at the internet, we could'nt wait anymore to hear the fresh,fast and powerful version of Sultans Of Swing played in the few shows before this evening. Now we were placed on the front of our seats, just to be clear for the magic moment  ;D ;D

But instead of Sultans we got Song For Sonny Liston ( of all songs, just to make the situation even more confused ) :o :o
It wasn't easy to find a face that could match such an anti-climax  :think :think

Strange and weird dream indeed................................................
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I've had a strange dream this night. It was a MK concert that I attended with my brother. It was his first MK gig and we had a lovely time. In the middle of the fantastic Romeo And Juliet, we could feel the adrenalin getting higher. We knew that the climax of the evening was really close now. Based on a lot of videos at the internet, we could'nt wait anymore to hear the fresh,fast and powerful version of Sultans Of Swing played in the few shows before this evening. Now we were placed on the front of our seats, just to be clear for the magic moment  ;D ;D

But instead of Sultans we got Song For Sonny Liston ( of all songs, just to make the situation even more confused ) :o :o
It wasn't easy to find a face that could match such an anti-climax  :think :think

Strange and weird dream indeed................................................

My brother will be coming with me to the Liverpool concert and it will be his first MK gig.   He isn't a fan as such, but likes SOS, TR, BIA etc so I hope SOS, at least will be played, especially as it is so good at the moment!   I agree with you, R&J and SOS seem to go hand-in-hand with each other and definitely not coupled with Sonny!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
5.15 AM... Well here is one i never thougt would see the light of day  :thumbsup
But no Sultans in a full MK concert  ??? It feels like Eagles and no Hotel California, Paul Simon and no Sound of Silence....
Hope MK does it not at every concert.. It is the song that has made him this great.. People who come to see him for the first or second time expecting this song for sure!!!!!!!

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
R&J -SOS  is a good combination. I guess most people like both and if you can't really get used to the solo work, you need it not to get bored.
For people like myself who can't stand R&J, it's ok if we know we 'll wake up 8 minutes later.
But a 45 minute sleep until Marbletown that's not serious.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
5.15 AM... Well here is one i never thougt would see the light of day  :thumbsup
But no Sultans in a full MK concert  ??? It feels like Eagles and no Hotel California, Paul Simon and no Sound of Silence....
Hope MK does it not at every concert.. It is the song that has made him this great.. People who come to see him for the first or second time expecting this song for sure!!!!!!!
+1

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
It's not a specific song that made him great.
He is great wthout SOS.
But SOS is a great song without a doubt...

I could do without R&J.
I bet the whingeing was the same if the latter had been omitted...
Funny  :lol

Just my 2 cents...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:43:26 AM by man on a track »
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I have a feeling that it is, in general, the male of the species that dislike R&J!   I love it, especially coupled with SOS and I hope I hear them played together again at one of my concerts.   I listened to last night's R&J and I was almost in tears, because it was sung with much feeling.

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
R&j is well known as my pee break
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Don't get me wrong Superval.
I love R&J, too.
It's just been overplayed imho
            Still brings me to tears

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Why is your avatar upside down?
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
R&j is well known as my pee break
Rude... but funny :lol
            Still brings me to tears

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Don't get me wrong Superval.
I love R&J, too.
It's just been overplayed imho

But both you and Pottel are male!   I rest my case!    ;D
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Why is your avatar upside down?
'cause it was tumbled together with the setlist ;D :lol
            Still brings me to tears

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 39 queries.