Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 04:2013.04.30, Kombank Arena, Belgrade, RS # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 87298 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Well, it seems it is impossible for Mark to decide a set list that even would make 5 % of his die hard fans happy. So who cares. He can and he should play what he wants. Really, can't hear it anymore... it is better to stay away from this forum, but not for set-list spoiler reasons but for not being spoiled - by the fans...  >:(

So he did not play Sultans. It gets more relevance now. It is not a given thing anymore. 2011 the whole set was freshened up and it had no Sultans, too, and I cannot remember that it was missed that much.  Songs are called the "usual suspects" when played every time and are critized for "always the same." Now he chooses to take away one "milestone" and plays two or three not yet heard songs on this tour and even 5.15 am (masterpiece), but almost all we read is "well, there are 5 or 6 or 15 pee breaks in this set". That is so discusting and really stupid if you ask me. One advice: If you want to hear Walk Of Life, Money For Nothing and Solid Rock, go to the tribute bands and leave us alone with your constant moaning... Why on earth are you reading these tour threads if everything is wrong? Is that some kind of masochism or something? Not even midday yet und already pissed, thanks amit...
 :disbelief   

LE
Personnally I appreciate the set lists, I defended the idea that jumping at Guy's jugular on the first night was counter-productive, and I never mentionned anything about pee breaks. I appreciate all the songs (with the exception of Sony Liston, hey, everyone is entitled to one exception). I confined myself to remarking that removing Sultans disturbed me... but that will not prevent me from attenting and enjoying the shows. Anyway I prefered Sultans with keyboards and even with Sax ! so I'll go and watch my Live Aid DVD :)

OfflineMojoIglesias

• Guitar George
Great to see some changes. Although, I'm taking two younger brothers and a younger sister to Antwerp, they'll want to hear Sultans for sure. He should have dropped R&J instead. Or DWP. Or SFSL.
My thoughts? Sultans is gone for good on this tour. It worked without SOS on the EH tour and on the Dylan tour. Sultans is gone very early on in the tour, so it's only fair that the majority of the concertgoers on this tour won't get to hear it. The people on the first 3 shows, well they just got lucky.

Personally, I could go without, but I think many people will disagree.
Eat, work, eat work and sleep.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Well, it seems it is impossible for Mark to decide a set list that even would make 5 % of his die hard fans happy. So who cares. He can and he should play what he wants. Really, can't hear it anymore... it is better to stay away from this forum, but not for set-list spoiler reasons but for not being spoiled - by the fans...  >:(

So he did not play Sultans. It gets more relevance now. It is not a given thing anymore. 2011 the whole set was freshened up and it had no Sultans, too, and I cannot remember that it was missed that much.  Songs are called the "usual suspects" when played every time and are critized for "always the same." Now he chooses to take away one "milestone" and plays two or three not yet heard songs on this tour and even 5.15 am (masterpiece), but almost all we read is "well, there are 5 or 6 or 15 pee breaks in this set". That is so discusting and really stupid if you ask me. One advice: If you want to hear Walk Of Life, Money For Nothing and Solid Rock, go to the tribute bands and leave us alone with your constant moaning... Why on earth are you reading these tour threads if everything is wrong? Is that some kind of masochism or something? Not even midday yet und already pissed, thanks amit...

LE

LE - You have cheered me up now - really!   :)     I think we can now look upon SOS as a very special song, which will be very much hoped for, but not taken for granted in future!   :P
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

Or maybe the Sofia version was so good that it isnt going any better. So he can stop playing it now.

Val not sure if you are kiddin' me?  ::)

LE

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
There is something more about not playing his all time hits...
There are countries & sitie he goes every tour ( from DS era). But he doesn't come that often in Belgrade and Sofia ( other sities too) so the people here expect to hear exactly SOS, BIA and MFN.
People here were a little bit disappointed he didn't play BIA... But would be disaster if he didn't play SOS... It's his second time - DS never came here in the past ...this concert maight be the first for most audience and without SOS they would be sad...
I can imagine the audience in Belgrade...which knows him mostly from DS era as it is here in Sofia.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:46:06 AM by Slavi »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

LE

Exactly my thoughts :clap
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
Well, it seems it is impossible for Mark to decide a set list that even would make 5 % of his die hard fans happy. So who cares. He can and he should play what he wants....

....Songs are called the "usual suspects" when played every time and are critized for "always the same." Now he chooses to take away one "milestone" and plays two or three not yet heard songs on this tour and even 5.15 am (masterpiece), but almost all we read is "well, there are 5 or 6 or 15 pee breaks in this set"......

I tend to agree: if he plays "classics" he is criticized because they are always the same; if he plays new songs he is criticized because he neglected the classics. This is why I don't understand those who complain because Mark doesn't listen to his fans. What fans should he listen to? Out of a thousand people there would be a thousand different setlists.

That said, for me SOS is essential. if it really have to be replaced, TOL only (and no other) would be appropriate in its place  :)

Love Expresso

The "forum" and "respect" thing is always coming up at this point - it is not a free ticket for moaning all day if you ask me - and speaking of  "respect" : For  MK and his descisions, it is what I miss here from time to time to be honest...  but enough said, for me matter closed. We have a bank holiday today and it is a sunny day, I think it's better to "get a life"... take out the bike and go for a ride...  8)

And waiting for the 5.15 am video clip someone was talking of...  :smack

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Val not sure if you are kiddin' me?  ::)

LE

No, I wasn't kidding!   Somehow your post put things into perspective.  I have always said that I don't care what MK plays so long as he is still touring and playing in front of me.  Of course, I am disappointed that SOS has disappeared, but I know it will be a nice surprise when it pops up again, which it surely will when I am least expecting it!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
We have to remember this is a MK solo tour, not DS. So really he doesnt have to play any of the old bands songs. Thats possible how he sees it.

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
LE, your comments made me sad...
As for me I don't mind whatever he plays I would be happy...
But it's easy to judge people's opinion you privileged people in Germany... MK comes to your country every time...People in Belgrade was not that lucky over the years...
Peace! And have a nice day ;D ;D ;D

Slavi

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
We are very different people, with very different tastes

Someone wants many DS songs
Someone wants many MK songs

RESPECT for the difference betwen everybody here is the key

There is not a PERFECT OPINION to stay here, so if someone has a different opinion to yours, AVOID FANS FORUMS, MAILING LISTS ETC

I
So Long

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
Jbaent, thank you for writing this!
I didn't have the courage to do it...

BTW it's my second account here - I have deleted mine first one for this reason in the past.

Love Expresso

So which two men are you referring to?
(just to make sure before leaving...)

LE

Offlineman on a track

• Founder
  • Camerado
Calm down, gals and guys

I left in the past, too...
But I missed the informations and the good vibes.
So I returned.

Everybody is entitled to leave.
But noone is entitled to ask others to leave...

:wave
The way he sings and plays guitar  
            Still brings me to tears

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 44 queries.