Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 03:2013.04.29, National Palace of Culture Sofia, BG # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 44087 times)

Offlineperymason

• Guitar George
Do we know if Mark introduced the band ?    ???

Yes, he did. It was after first 3 or 4 songs. It was short introducing - just names and what instruments they are playing. Last one was Guy Fletcher and Mark said something like: "This is Guy Fletcher, but you know him!"  ;D

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Yes, that too.  Also they aren't playing to half-full halls.  That can't give you much enthusiasm.

I wonder if Mark has gained any concert goers from Bob fans that saw him from the 2011 European tour?
What about Bob ? Did he gain anyone from MK fans ?  :think

A mutual artist appreciation society kind of thing! :lol

I wonder.  You've got me thinking now. :think

If I had some sort of brainstorm and wanted to see Mr Bob again, I would have to go alone, because my other half would have to be dragged kicking and screaming through the streets!    Would I want to see him again -  err definitely NO!   I still listen to his albums though!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesailtekxo

• Guitar George
22 songs played so far. According Guy they have rehearsed more than 30 and they are planning to play them all....
What other songs would Mk have for us this tour?
I will name 10 who i believe are possible, Number 11 and 12 is with Nigel in the UK.........
1. kingdom of Gold
2. Submariner
3. Red But Tree
4. Border Reiver
5. Gator Blood
6. Rememberance Day
7. Miss you blues
8. Why Aye Man
9. Sailing
10 i used to could
-------
11 on every street  :o
12 walk of life  :o

Hi there, first post!

I honestly doubt that either Border Reiver or Why Aye Man are going to be played since Guy has always played a Telecaster in this songs and he has no electric guitar with him on this tour, as he wrote in his forum on the 25th of April.

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
Do we know if Mark introduced the band ?    ???

Yes, he did. It was after first 3 or 4 songs. It was short introducing - just names and what instruments they are playing. Last one was Guy Fletcher and Mark said something like: "This is Guy Fletcher, but you know him!"  ;D

perymason ...HUH????

He actually introduced the Band after Done with...the same way  and same old joke...You and me Richard...the others - good luck  ;D

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
So the jokes are back   ;D :clap
I'm much more excited by the possibility of hearing jokes like "Guy can fix your bicycle" than new songs.  ;D

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Fantastic version of Speedway (Slavi, you lucky girl ;)):

"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
22 songs played so far. According Guy they have rehearsed more than 30 and they are planning to play them all....
What other songs would Mk have for us this tour?
I will name 10 who i believe are possible, Number 11 and 12 is with Nigel in the UK.........
1. kingdom of Gold
2. Submariner
3. Red But Tree
4. Border Reiver
5. Gator Blood
6. Rememberance Day
7. Miss you blues
8. Why Aye Man
9. Sailing
10 i used to could
-------
11 on every street  :o
12 walk of life  :o

Hi there, first post!

I honestly doubt that either Border Reiver or Why Aye Man are going to be played since Guy has always played a Telecaster in this songs and he has no electric guitar with him on this tour, as he wrote in his forum on the 25th of April.

Aha thanks for the info on that and welcome to the forum!!!

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
Fantastic version of Speedway (Slavi, you lucky girl ;)):

YES! YES! Totally awesome!

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
Hi there, friends! Here I am... ;D
Sorry that I am late here but I had to work after a sleepless night and still very tired.  :smack

The concert here in Sofia was really fantastic! I read all positive and exciting reviews by Bulgarian audience...
As far I am not "wish-set-list-person" I am happy whatever he plays. But he was very kind to play my 2 fav from last album - Seattle and Haul Away ( I love other songs too!!) but these 2 are special! I cant believe I didnt record Seattle...Dont know where was my mind at the moment.  ;D ;D ;D

Mark and the band went on the stage in time after the old and well known music introduction.
They all looked happy and relaxed. Our audience ( kinda Italian, but not that hot as Spanish) met Mark on their feet, screaming and cheering him - he was not surprised to see that. Just smiling ( sexy!!...arrggghh)  :smack

Ladies, Mark was handsome, wearing dark blue shirt and lighter blue jeanse!!!  :P
From the beginning it was a very strong and powerful performance. Ian is different drummer, I dont like comparisons, so he was very good for me!   Mike with the pipe was infront of me, smiling most of the time.

(Forgot to say - I was in the 1st row with my friend Milena and my 83 years old MOM - she was also in London previous time)  ;D

Marbletown was longer imho - with a great duet by Glen and John on the fiddle ( kinda fingerspicking fiddle - do not know the right term here). Speedway At Nazareth and TR totally blowed the audience up...

It was a big suprise he didint play BIA during encors...

He played So Far Away instead - singing the name of our town - Here I am again in Sofia town - and people were very happy to hear it. Piper To The End was sooo beautiful!!!

A lady put near his feet a bunch of flowers ( it is very common here) and he sayd Thank you and collected it at the end. On his way out of the stage he came to us and shook our hands again as he did in 2008 in Sofia too.
So Im not going to wash mine for some months!  :P :P :P

The only bad thing was the concert finished too fast for me...didnt notice the time.  :smack
Me and my friend had tears in the eyes most of the time - she loves his Scotish songs as me.
Im not upset by singing Done with... again with the same old Band introduction and same joke - You and me Richard...the others - good luck  ;D as far it is my Moms fav song and she was dancing on her seat listening it - I was happy about her!

Im still very excited, happy, love Mark and the band!
Feel a little bit upset because Im not going to London this time and all is finished for me...
Im also upset I wont see most of you there but these are things for the moment.

Will put my 2 videos later ( Haul Away and Marbletown)

Had nice time and chat and spend some time with Isaac and Jeroen!

Love
Slavi

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Thank you, Slavi, for that lovely review!   I'm so glad that you enjoyed the show and how wonderful that Mark shook your hand - I hope that will happen to me!    ;)    I'm sorry you won't be at the RAH, because I was hoping to meet you there - maybe the next time?   :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thank you, Slavi, for that lovely review!   I'm so glad that you enjoyed the show and how wonderful that Mark shook your hand - I hope that will happen to me!    ;)    I'm sorry you won't be at the RAH, because I was hoping to meet you there - maybe the next time?   :wave

Exactly what Val said (except the shake hands thing - not bothered about that ::)). :thumbsup
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
Oh, he shook hands? Why did he not do it to us? :smack I was also in first row. :D

I guess he's making that city thing for SFA in every city he's throwing concert.

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Oh, he shook hands? Why did he not do it to us? :smack I was also in first row. :D

I guess he's making that city thing for SFA in every city he's throwing concert.

Yes he does that city thing in SFA for years now.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
Mark Knopfler in Sofia - Haul Away

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:40:52 PM by Slavi »

OfflineFieneke2

• Romeo

Dear Slavi, THANK YOU for posting your review! I am glad to hear that you, your friend and also your mom enjoyed the concert very much! It is wonderful that your mom could be with you and that she liked Mark
If you are good to other people, most of them are good to you too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 39 queries.