Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 03:2013.04.29, National Palace of Culture Sofia, BG # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 44091 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

@Val:  I don't see anything wrong in asking Guy why they don't get an introduction any more.

Will you back me up, if he slags me off?   ;D

Of course!  Especially if he uses profanity again.  I'll box his ears! ;D

I've done it!    ::)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Interesting ! Guy writes in his Sofia diary page that 'Seattle' was played AND that it's a big favorite of the band ! |I certainly hope that means the song will be played on a regular basis  :think

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Very fast TR:

"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Perhaps touring with Bob, the fact they haven't been top bill and they haven't been playing the hits like Sultans etc. has rejuvenated them. 

Comparing Marks performances between last year and this is like chalk and cheese.  Last year seemed ill-conceived and without any practice with Mark starting the tour in a manner that, frankly scared me for his future.  Now he's better that he's been in many years.  Something different has been done for this tour that's for sure.  Whatever, good for you Mark and keep it up! :thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:06:46 PM by dmg »

OfflineJules

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
Perhaps touring with Bob, the fact they haven't been top bill and they haven't been playing the hits like Sultans etc. has rejuvenated them.  Also, Ian Thomas' drumming keeps a faster beat and I like Coxy too - both keeping Mark's game up.

Playing like this, he could manage Sultans with break in the UK when Hitch joins...

I doubt it.

If Hitch plays sultans with them will be adding notes to what they are already playing, I doubt very much they do the break, unless they specifically rehearse it for the UK shows, and knowing MK as we do, thats unlikely.
So Long

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
Sultans!  It's pretty average again! ;)

Wow! Really? I think the speed and the precission of that outro solo sounds pretty amazing. Two shows in a row - then it can't be an accident. Mark has improved his gutar skills :)
This tour definitely sees the best version of Sultans in many years, I hope he keeps up this amazing energy througout the tour!!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
There are some better video's now on YouTube.  Just search "Mark Knopfler Sofia."

Seems he has some strapping on his wrist again at this concert.

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado

@Val:  I don't see anything wrong in asking Guy why they don't get an introduction any more.

You were lucky with the answer Val :)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Here it is:

Question:  Hi Guy! From reports we have heard from the recent shows, Mark hasn't been introducing the band to the audience. That is one of the things I have always loved - MK speaking to us, it is very special. Also, many people in the audience are maybe not as well-acquainted with the band members as more frequent concert-goers. BTW I'm loving the songs I have heard so far and looking forward very much to my concerts. All the best! Val

Guy:   Ironically, he did last night
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Yes, I didn't need any back-up!    ;)   Maybe he will continue now!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinestefankock

• Camerado
Ordered the concert stick from this concert just to have Seattle live  8)

Offlinejoanzimm

• Camerado
Perhaps touring with Bob, the fact they haven't been top bill and they haven't been playing the hits like Sultans etc. has rejuvenated them. 

Comparing Marks performances between last year and this is like chalk and cheese.  Last year seemed ill-conceived and without any practice with Mark starting the tour in a manner that, frankly scared me for his future.  Now he's better that he's been in many years.  Something different has been done for this tour that's for sure.  Whatever, good for you Mark and keep it up! :thumbsup

I bet having an audience full of MK fans rather than BD fans makes a difference in their energy level, too. 
It's hard sometimes but pretty much it's alright

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I bet having an audience full of MK fans rather than BD fans makes a difference in their energy level, too.

Yes, that too.  Also they aren't playing to half-full halls.  That can't give you much enthusiasm.

I wonder if Mark has gained any concert goers from Bob fans that saw him from the 2011 European tour?

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
Yes, that too.  Also they aren't playing to half-full halls.  That can't give you much enthusiasm.

I wonder if Mark has gained any concert goers from Bob fans that saw him from the 2011 European tour?
What about Bob ? Did he gain anyone from MK fans ?  :think

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

What about Bob ? Did he gain anyone from MK fans ?  :think

A mutual artist appreciation society kind of thing! :lol

I wonder.  You've got me thinking now. :think

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.