Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Concert # 02:2013.04.27, Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, TR # SPOILER AHEAD #  (Read 69271 times)

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
then try this:
I USED TO COULD Live from Istanbul...
(the other one runs on my puter with no problems)

LE
Got to admit I was quite sceptic to this one live, but its really cool and groovy!

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado
He doesn't owe us fans any respect....

there is people who by the mere fact of being a fan claims by the artist as if it was his right. the "job" of the fan is to give, not to ask. one becomes a fan not as a favor to the artist but to satisfy his own need. demanding has nothing to do with being a fan since the artist doesn't "owe" anything. certainly he can do something to please the fans but this is not his duty

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
Did you guys check Guy's diary for Istanbul? It's enjoyable to read. I guess they had so much fun with that boat tour.
By the way, as far as I read on Turkish pages, some people were not satisfied that much with SOS, claiming that they expected more. (Solo was shorther, piano part eas not included etc.)
The venue was great but i wished it was in open area since the weather was great. Back in 2008, the concert took place just by The Bosphorus.

Crowd was really nice, I could say the average age was around 40. In the end, a guy behind me threw Fenerbahce tshirt to stage. (Fenerbahce basketball team plays in that venue)

We really thought they'd come up to stage for second encore, hoping that they could play Going Home but they didn't. :)

Pics and videos are coming soon.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I'm glad you had a good time, scudetto and welcome to AMIT!   

The version of SOS that MK plays these days is the original, stripped down version, without the piano interval, so perhaps those people who were disappointed expected to hear the long version. 
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinerudiger

• Camerado

I agree, MK doesn't owe us anything.
Even if I am very disappointed by the setlist I do not demand anything.

At the same time I have every right to be disappointed and am entitled to my opinion.

Of course!  :thumbsup
the fan has the right to comment, to criticize, to complain ..... and then, to stop going to concerts, to stop buying albums,.....until to stop being a fan, without prior notice and without having to send a cancellation   ;D

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
Sultans from the first row. Great - just great :)

It's the end of a perfect day..,.

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
Sultans from the first row. Great - just great :)

Fantastic stuff

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
That record is better than mine. No need to upload since there are lots in YT. Actually I was in a perfect position but didn't concentrate on recording while you have Mark playing right in front of you. :)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
I hope we won't see soon the return of the "finger of death"...

OfflineHophead

• Camerado
Thanks so much for posting that Jarle! I don't care what anyone says about the set lists...I'd love to fly over there to a show just to see him play the ol' standard single..Sultans..like that! New energy in an old song..feels like 1979 all over again :clap
Doctor parkinson declared Im not surprised to see you here<br />Youve got smokers cough from smoking, brewers droop from drinking beer<br />I dont know how you came to get the betty davis knees<br />But worst of all young man youve got industrial disease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
I hope we won't see soon the return of the "finger of death"...

I think it's only when he's ashamed of the way he's playing and so he doesn't want it spread all over the world on YouTube!  ;D
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
@Val:  You are right. If I was John McCusker, I would have liked to be announced and thanked. Same with others. So introducing is one great thing, telling lame stories is the other!  ;D

@Scudetto:
Nice to hear from a member who was there. Seemed to be a real great night. I can see at the video the people were standing. Without checking it: Was it General admission? Or from which song on was it allowed to stand up?

LE

Hello LE,

As for your question, here is a sample of how the venue looks like:

The audience in the pitch was standing, the rest in tribunes were all sitting, but through the end, they all might've stood up to wave. :) I can say we had around 10.000-12.000 people in venue.

I purchased my ticket when it was first announced by the official site. (September 2012)
While I went to get my ticket yesterday afternoon, I was given an envelope with an early pass card in it:

With that card, I was one of the people (first group) who walked in the venue. So it was great to pick a spot in the very front. I sat there until the show begun.

Ps: I checked and compared the ticket prices with other countries and I can say we pay more than you guys. :smack

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Thanks for the photos.  Cool pass by the way! 8)  Maybe that's why you paid more - we'd never get anything that cool. ::)
"...and I blew up the radio in pretty short order."

Love Expresso

Hey Scudetto, thank you!

You have a cool way of posting here, with nice pictures and stuff, please stay and make this place EVEN MORE better! You live in Istanbul I understand, it would be great to have someone posting here on a regular base from that place, too!  :wave

LE

Offlinescudetto

• Guitar George
@dmg

I paid around 160 Euros.
Checked the prices with some countries (Romania, Croatia, Italy,Serbia,Slovenia and Germany). Ours was double price than those.
Anyways, it was 100% worth it. I'm thinking of ordering this usb stick although I find the price quite expensive.

Oh, and I bought this as well:

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 41 queries.